Security guard in Bangla tourists' beating suspected of Tourist Police volunteer assault

Lite Beer

Why aren't the bar business owners responsible for the security people they hire? When these incidents occur, the business owner should be held liable for the actions of their staff as well. Then they will think twice before hiring street thugs as bouncers.

The bar owners actually hire the guys for their aggressive and no fear mentality. The owners will never be held liable for anything. The bars are owned by rich locals, mafia or even the cops themselves. That's why they can do as they please. They probably tried to through a few 1000 baht on top of the Aussie guys bill and they resisted. Usually the tourists just pay up so nothing happens but this time the Aussies said no bloody way am I paying that bill. The rest is history

There was no bar bill. Their tickets showed it was free drinks.

Whose version of the story is that? I'd like to hear the Aussies side of the story. Any links anyone?

We are not allowed to link Phuket Wan to this forum..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never liked Phuket went there once, It makes my skin crawl. The type of tourists from places like Australia and others that frequent that place of extremely low caliber.

Have never been to Pattaya either in my 15 or so trips to Thailand,.. heard that pretty awful as well?....I will soon find out as I intend to visit Pattaya inter alia next month

Edited by Che Serna

Well the Australian newspaper the Sydney Morning Herald has as it lead story on its web site, bashing of 2 Australians.

Thet are saying they feared being put in a Thai jail. Whether they were to blame or not bashings are

criminal acts administered by thugs,no matter what race ,creed or colour.

Mark up another achievement for the ailing Thai toursist industry but I doubt it will make much difference.

People will still keep coming and people will still get bashed ,scammed and generally have a story to tell when the get back home.

I say a world wide boycott of Puket is far overdue. The Island of death.

Great, please do not post here or come back to our island.

1 less bar hooligan to worry about.

Bearpolar you have a very low opinion of foreigners, only yesterday you stated the Australian lads deserved to be kicked and beaten in the head while down on the ground! You also stated gang violence happens everywhere in the world and this somehow makes it OK in your eyes! I would like to tell you whoever you THINK you are, not all foreigners are bar hooligans, it is NOT cool to beat and kick people on the ground in any country of the world. In the western world gang beatings are primarily kids who have a lot of anger inside them, and need to grow up! It is you that should not post here again, or chose your words more carefully! Your post from yesterday!

as usual

old drunkard farang men complaining about thais "ganging up" while its the same shit in the west. It's always gang beat downs. 1v1's are as comon in thailand as in the rest of the world.

And as usual, theres is a 90% chance the 2 guys did deserve a beat down, so lets not get on our high horses and complain that it was too violent.

Great, please do not post here or come back to our island.

1 less bar hooligan to worry about.

Dont worry I wouldn't open my wallet there ever again. And I would advise anyone who values their life to avoid it like the plague. If you dont want people drinking and having a good time

close all your bars. Ow dont worry they are closed about 9 months of the year now. The word is already out

Anyone who would defend tho security guard or deny Puket has serious visitor safety problems must be By polar

and all of other things....

Edited by amerasianex

Why is it the Thai's think that by saying 'sorry' its all over ? No charges, no fines no retrebution.

Earlier this year a Thai teenager shot my dog in my garden. The police caught him, brought him before me and he said 'sorry' and his mother basically said 'right, thats it, lets go'. I ended up having to get a layer involved.

Apologies are the same as crocodile tears over here and these guys should be charged and sent down sending out the proper message !

What do you think happens when you live in a ghetto in any western country? Same kind of things. dont expect anything different when you move into a thai ghetto.

These things do not happen in nice areas.

What a condescending, baiting post! How do you know that Carlosm lives in a ghetto? Jumping to conclusions seems to becoming too common an occurrence on TV. Purely the statement that he has a garden should imply otherwise. And if somebody shot a dog on somebody's property in the UK or most other Western countries, "ghetto" or not, the police would be there in force to arrest the perp for not just shooting the dog, but possession of a (unlicensed?) firearm, discharging of the same in a public place and probably a few other charges as well.

"These things do not happen in nice areas."

Rubbish! These things can happen anywhere, and not taking sides, but if for instance, Carlosm's dog had been left outside barking all night, or had previously 'had a go" at the teenager, that may have explained why the teenager took matters into his own hands. Still doesn't excuse shooting it though, and certainly an apology is not enough in the way of compensation. If it had been the other way round, and it was the Thai teenager's dog that got shot, I am sure that there would be a substantial amount of money demanded in compensation, not just "Sorry!"

The bar where these thugs were working as 'bouncers' should be forced to close for something like 3-6 months when an incident like this happens.

That might teach them some manners.

If there is no punishment for the employer then as far as I'm concerned this behaviour is condoned by whoever is in charge of the place where it happens.

Another bitter person... Read the whole report, these Aholes, cause trouble all through the day.. Do the same in Australia and a lot worse would happen...

Why is it the Thai's think that by saying 'sorry' its all over ? No charges, no fines no retrebution.

Earlier this year a Thai teenager shot my dog in my garden. The police caught him, brought him before me and he said 'sorry' and his mother basically said 'right, thats it, lets go'. I ended up having to get a layer involved.

Apologies are the same as crocodile tears over here and these guys should be charged and sent down sending out the proper message !

What do you think happens when you live in a ghetto in any western country? Same kind of things. dont expect anything different when you move into a thai ghetto.

These things do not happen in nice areas.

What a condescending, baiting post! How do you know that Carlosm lives in a ghetto? Jumping to conclusions seems to becoming too common an occurrence on TV. Purely the statement that he has a garden should imply otherwise. And if somebody shot a dog on somebody's property in the UK or most other Western countries, "ghetto" or not, the police would be there in force to arrest the perp for not just shooting the dog, but possession of a (unlicensed?) firearm, discharging of the same in a public place and probably a few other charges as well.

"These things do not happen in nice areas."

Rubbish! These things can happen anywhere, and not taking sides, but if for instance, Carlosm's dog had been left outside barking all night, or had previously 'had a go" at the teenager, that may have explained why the teenager took matters into his own hands. Still doesn't excuse shooting it though, and certainly an apology is not enough in the way of compensation. If it had been the other way round, and it was the Thai teenager's dog that got shot, I am sure that there would be a substantial amount of money demanded in compensation, not just "Sorry!"

Come to australia where these morons come from, its a weekend tradition !! You all make out Thai security are the worse on earth, i have seen innocent people bashed while in London, Sydney and Melbourne... These two trouble makers, havent come out to complain, why, because they Aholes started it all......

The bar where these thugs were working as 'bouncers' should be forced to close for something like 3-6 months when an incident like this happens.

absolutely….if i was herr general, white room closed down for good plus a ban on the owners and or their families, proxies etc from starting another similar business for 2 years.

these things are all governed by money so hit them where it hurts.

plus send a clear message to all other nightspots.

Edited by JHolmesJr

The security guys have been sacked and the nightclub closed down for 7 days.

So they did almost nothing about this. 7 days is nothing. We should be reading about how many months this place is closed down for.

How long until it happens again ?

I say boycott the entire nation Great facebook page on it.

The Bullying Martyr's Phuket blog is claiming the bar is closed for one week- so how are police "going in to secure ID's? Which is true ?

Kathu Police Deputy Superintendent Col Akanit has so far declined to name the five security guards involved in that attack, but a senior Tourist Police volunteer told The Phuket News today, “It seems one of the five men in the attack is the man who attacked Divan [Mydeen]. We are going tonight in uniform with the Royal Thai Police to secure a copy of the guys’ Thai ID cards.” -
Edited by FBlue72

The security guys have been sacked and the nightclub closed down for 7 days.

If you are going to quote Phuket Wan, please inform us so we can get the salt shaker out.

Worst journalistic ethos on the island- rank amateur reporters (mostly) with a publicity hound as editor.

The motive is pretty easy to figure out when you understand how Thais hate foreigners doing their jobs. The volunteer was Indian and given that the exchange only involved the asking of his occupation, it's pretty easy to surmise the Thai did not like an Indian working as a cop in his country, even if he is just volunteering. This is how stupid some people are here.

As for the actual story, it seems I've read somewhere that the Aussies were loitering but causing no trouble. Apparently one of Aussie tourist took off his shirt near a VIP area? I'm fuzzy on the details, but they certainly didn't deserve such a kicking. This story will have to take a queue number behind several other beatings and killings of tourists in the Land of Smiles.

i thought island of death was koh lak where there booze sex and drugs there going to be trouble trouble trouble thats why people with any sense go to koh chang for a nice hoilday

i thought island of death was koh lak where there booze sex and drugs there going to be trouble trouble trouble thats why people with any sense go to koh chang for a nice hoilday

"Island of Death" Let me see now, would that be: - Puket (Phuket) koh lak (Koh Lak) or the REAL one:-

"Koh Tao"

Or haven't you been following the news?

Edited by sambum

Why aren't the bar business owners responsible for the security people they hire? When these incidents occur, the business owner should be held liable for the actions of their staff as well. Then they will think twice before hiring street thugs as bouncers.

The bar owners actually hire the guys for their aggressive and no fear mentality. The owners will never be held liable for anything. The bars are owned by rich locals, mafia or even the cops themselves. That's why they can do as they please. They probably tried to through a few 1000 baht on top of the Aussie guys bill and they resisted. Usually the tourists just pay up so nothing happens but this time the Aussies said no bloody way am I paying that bill. The rest is history
There was no bar bill. Their tickets showed it was free drinks.

Yeah "free drinks" for 800 baht. Still not bad young Aussies would of thought they hit the jackpot until they started drinking drinks that didn't make it on the "free" list perhaps?

Non Thais have no business pretending to be police in Thailand. They deserve everything they get

Your comment is unjustified. Divan (the police volunteer) is a very popular guy in Patong, having worked as an unpaid police volunteer for maybe 10 years. He is not a 'muscle' guy or whatever, just a normal Phuket businessman who gives up his time to help others.