Greenhouse gas levels reached record and ‘dangerous’ high in 2014

webfact

Greenhouse gas levels reached record and ‘dangerous’ high in 2014

606x341_316733.jpg

NEW YORK: -- Levels of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere reached record highs last year, making Earth a more dangerous planet for future generations, says the World Meteorological Organization.

The United Nations’ weather agency issued graphs showing levels of carbon dioxide climbing steadily each year since reliable records began in 1984.

WMO’s announcement comes a day after France welcomed international environment ministers to informal discussions ahead of the 2014 United Nations Climate Change Conference, COP21.

Beginning on November 30, the 12-day event will bring together more than 190 countries in Paris, where discussions on a potential new global agreement on combatting climate change will take place.

Much-needed, if the UK Met Office predictions are proved correct. It says 2015 is likely to be the first year when global warming breaches one degree celsius.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-11-10

The Alarmists are really banging the tin cup before the Greenblob Annual Ritual in Paris, but the fact is that the Paris conference has failed already.

And that's according to global warming believers themselves.

Each country has already submitted its Independent Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs), and a well-credentialled organisation called Climate Action Tracker has been examining these pledges to see whether they are Role Model, Sufficient (of keeping warming <2C) or Medium or Inadequate.

Role Model or Sufficient are: Bhutan, Costa Rica, Ethiopia and Morocco.

Medium (will push warming >2C): China, India, US, EU, Mexico

Inadequate (warming to 3C or 4C) includes: Russia, Indonesia, Japan, Canada, Australia, Argentina, South Africa, Turkey.

And a lot of these pledges (which are not up for negotiation) have been fudged in several ways (we'll keep on emitting more CO2 but we'll plant some more trees, okay?)

Paris is dead in the water, and provides merely a platform for politicians and activists to parade their egos.

The 2014 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP20) was actually held in Lima, Peru, on 1-12 December, 2014. COP21 is the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference.

Despite what may come from COP21, we did archive a significant climate milestone this year - for the first time since record keeping began, carbon dioxide levels have surpassed 400 parts per million (ppm) globally!

That’s quite an achievement, considering that we have so many Climate Change sceptics.

The 2014 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP20) was actually held in Lima, Peru, on 1-12 December, 2014. COP21 is the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference.

Despite what may come from COP21, we did archive a significant climate milestone this year - for the first time since record keeping began, carbon dioxide levels have surpassed 400 parts per million (ppm) globally!

Thats quite an achievement, considering that we have so many Climate Change sceptics.

The article actually states that accurate records began in 1984. That's not too long ago and before the 80s the West was burning huge amounts of coal, which most no longer do and car engines were not as efficient as they are now.

Has anyone worked out the "carbon footprint" of all these meeting ? I'd bet Peru in 2014 was huge, but probably not as massive as Rio and I also bet many delegates have brought their spouses with them so they can do a bit of Xmas shopping in gay Paris !

If man-made global warming is a fact and that warming is indeed a serious threat to life on earth , then our Leaders should, on moral grounds, set an example. Unfortunately it will just, yet again, be a case of "do as we say, not as we do". These politicians have no shame and a total lack of morals, but they will force us all to pay more "green taxes" so THEY can "save the planet".

Edited by eliotness

I seen a news story recently of the pollution in a northern China city, it was really bad.

I heard that China, Russia, USA, Brazil, and many other countries are not

willing or in some cases, able to try reduce their pollution levels by very much.

In Canada we have so called Dirty Oil, but not as bad, air pollution in most of Canada's Cities,

Thank God. During a tour to China, I seen the pollution in Beijing, and

also in Shanghai and I will take our dirty oil any day. I just hope that countries

that are polluting the atmosphere do try to cut their coal fired power generators

and other dirty factories, but I disagree about the general carbon penalties, as it is

just a game the countries will play with. I also read about the gases that every volcano

eruption blows into the atmosphere, and the public speakers do not want to tell most

people just how much pollution is nature made and not man made.

Green taxes are also just a game to get money, and not much improvement for the

Earth's atmosphere. I guess I do not want to buy land too low, or too close to the ocean, as

I hope I still have 30 or 40 years to live, and who knows how much higher the sea level will be

in that time. I also wonder if I will live to see the big one on the west coast of North America.

Earth quake that is.

Edited by Stargrazer9889