Taxi driver charged with attacking Australian tourist at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

BKK Taxi Charged With Beating Down Australian
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14472238921447224538l.jpg
An undated file photo of taxis at Suvarnabhumi Airport [Photo by Prachachat]

BANGKOK — A taxi driver was arrested last night on suspicion of beating an Australian man at the entrance to Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Kamphan Siri, 32, has been charged with assault after he reportedly punched the foreigner in front of Gate Three at the airport’s arrival concourse at around 9.30pm on Tuesday night.

“The foreigner was drunk. He banged his fist on the car, so the taxi driver became angry, got out of his car, and punched him once,” Paisan Weerakitpanich of the airport police told Khaosod English. “Then the foreigner fell down, and his head hit the taxi door.”

Kamphan told police he was parking his car near the gate when the Australian man suddenly approached his taxi and banged the vehicle once with his fist, according to Lt. Cpt. Paisan.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1447223892

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-11-11

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A source that we cannot mention said the Australian had just got out of a taxi and thought he left something in the cab. He banged on the boot of the wrong cab and said driver got out and thumped him.

Said driver is supposed to have a bit of a record with less than sociable behaviour.

I

Can't imagine someone just getting off a plane, going outside to find a taxi and then giving the taxi a big punch.

The taxi driver is probably lying. Of course he said the farang was drunk and hit his taxi.

In cases like this the taxis should get a sticker saying; No farangs as opposed to the ridiculous sticker; I love farang. 555

TaxiSign.jpg

Ban the idiot from the airport for a year.

It went more like this;

How much mate to Soi Nana?

1000 baht.

<deleted>.

Bam

The Khaosod reports that he was assaulted in front of gate 3 at the Arrivals level.

The paper (ssshh) that we can't mention reports that he was planning to depart to Australia to attend his granny's funeral. He erred in "tapping" on the wrong taxi as he thought he'd left some possession/s in the cab.

Apparently this "wreck-less" cabbie has had dealings with police in the past with overcharging and poor driving habits.

Can't imagine someone just getting off a plane, going outside to find a taxi and then giving the taxi a big punch.

The taxi driver is probably lying. Of course he said the farang was drunk and hit his taxi.

In cases like this the taxis should get a sticker saying; No farangs as opposed to the ridiculous sticker; I love farang. 555

TaxiSign.jpg

It went more like this;

1000 baht.

<deleted>.

Bam

He wasn't "just getting off a plane," he was trying to catch one.

"At that point the Australian was bleeding from the head wound and was sent to a hospital for stitches. He missed his midnight flight."

I don't know ,I have been coming Thailand 10 years now,never been hit or attacked by a Thai but then I don't really drink alcohol,I take all the news with a pinch of salt now

I have been attacked by drunken Thais several times, I don't drink but some Thais do as many farangs do...

I don't know ,I have been coming Thailand 10 years now,never been hit or attacked by a Thai but then I don't really drink alcohol,I take all the news with a pinch of salt now

I have been attacked by drunken Thais several times, I don't drink but some Thais do as many farangs do...

Care to share your secret?

TaxiSign.jpg

It went more like this;

1000 baht.

<deleted>.

Bam

He wasn't "just getting off a plane," he was trying to catch one.

"At that point the Australian was bleeding from the head wound and was sent to a hospital for stitches. He missed his midnight flight."

Thanks for the correction mate. Bleeding from the head? So it was more than a punch most likely

Airport taxi driver arrested over punching drunk Aussie
By Coconuts Bangkok

airport_fight.jpg
Photo: CH7 news

BANGKOK: -- A Suvarnabhumi taxi driver was arrested last night for allegedly punching an Australian man at the entrance to the airport.

Kamphan Siri, 32, reportedly punched the tourist in front of Gate 3 at the arrival concourse after the foreigner, who the cops said was drunk, randomly banged his fist on the car parked near the gate.

An angry Kamphan got out of the car and then punched the foreigner in the head, according to airport police.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/11/11/airport-taxi-driver-arrested-over-punching-drunk-aussie

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-11-11