The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Topic (METV)

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Vientiane has never issued the METV unless your are Laotian or a legal resident of Laos.

Perhaps you are confusing a 2 entry visa  that has not been available since November of last year with a METV,

22 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

OOps it was Laos to do there Visa Run

Have they are stopping issuing METV  their?

There never was a METV until November 13th of last year. A METV allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 month from the date issue. When it became available only it or single entry tourist visas are issued.

You are confusing 2 or 3 entry tourist visa with a METV.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There never was a METV until November 13th of last year. A METV allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 month from the date issue. When it became available only it or single entry tourist visas are issued.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

it was a 2 month visa plus pay for  1 month at immigration

I'm not up to speed with all these other visas

1 minute ago, Lizard2010 said:

The only tourist visa you can obtain in Laos is a Single Entry Tourist Visa (SETV)

The visa allows a 60 day stay which can be extended for a further 30 days at an immigration office for a fee of 1900 Bht.

3 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

That is a single entry tourist visa (aka SETV) that is the only one they do now.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is a single entry tourist visa (aka SETV) that is the only one they do now.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

So stIll available

They can get a 2 month visa

As they heard yesterday that they were stopping them

7 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

So stIll available

They can get a 2 month visa

As they heard yesterday that they were stopping them

A 60 day (not 2 month) tourist visa can be had. 

You were misinformed about these visas being stopped. Please correct your informant.

Does the entry before date on the METV mean the first entry before date? This is what i thought it was, 3 months from when visa was issued. Girl who does visa runs seems convinced it means visa expiry date ( which should be 6 months not 3 months).

If it is visa expiry date then the consulate who issued the visa got it wrong and i didn't notice.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Does the entry before date on the METV mean the first entry before date? This is what i thought it was, 3 months from when visa was issued. Girl who does visa runs seems convinced it means visa expiry date ( which should be 6 months not 3 months).

The enter before date is also the expiry date. 

The visa is valid from the day of issue not the date of first use.

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The enter before date is for all entries and is 6 months from the date of issue for a METV.

The enter before date is for all entries and is 6 months from the date of issue for a METV.

Date of issue was 14 Sep 16
Entry before date 13 Dec 16
Entered 11 Oct 16
Until 9 Dec 16.

So is my METV incorrect and the consulate used 13 Dec 16 and should have done approx 13 Mar 17?
So visa is no use after 13 Dec 16?

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If it is visa expiry date then the consulate who issued the visa got it wrong and i didn't notice.

• The 'enter before' date is the expiry date of the visa and the last day you can enter.
  • A METV should be valid for 6 months from the day it's issued.

You should double check the 'number of entries' on the visa. Either they have issued you with a SETV (S) or a METV (M) with the wrong 'enter before' date.

• The 'enter before' date is the expiry date of the visa and the last day you can enter.
  • A METV should be valid for 6 months from the day it's issued.
You should double check the 'number of entries' on the visa. Either they have issued you with a SETV (S) or a METV (M) with the wrong 'enter before' date.

Its definitely an M. No of entries M. Cost £125.

Fustrating when this is their job and they cock it up
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Its definitely an M. No of entries M. Cost £125.

Fustrating when this is their job and they cock it up

You might be able to get the error corrected at the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok. They will contact the issuing embassy or consulate before doing the correction.

Department of Consular Affairs
ic-building.png 123 Chaengwattana Rd., Tungsonghong Laksi Bangkok 10212
Tel : 0-2203-5000 กด 1 (เมื่อเข้าสู่ระบบกรมการกงสุล กด 5 เพื่อติดต่อเจ้าหน้าที่)
  • Like 1

You might be able to get the error corrected at the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok. They will contact the issuing embassy or consulate before doing the correction.
Department of Consular Affairs ic-building.png 123 Chaengwattana Rd., Tungsonghong Laksi Bangkok 10212 Tel : 0-2203-5000 กด 1 (เมื่อเข้าสู่ระบบกรมการกงสุล กด 5 เพื่อติดต่อเจ้าหน้าที่)

I've emailed the consulate for starters, see what they suggest.

Department of Consular Affairs ic-building.png 123 Chaengwattana Rd., Tungsonghong Laksi Bangkok 10212 Tel : 0-2203-5000 กด 1 (เมื่อเข้าสู่ระบบกรมการกงสุล กด 5 เพื่อติดต่อเจ้าหน้าที่)

The consulate has confirmed its an error and apologised etc..i advised what you suggested and they agreed. Would you suggest a call or go in person for a better result?

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The consulate has confirmed its an error and apologised etc..i advised what you suggested and they agreed. Would you suggest a call or go in person for a better result?

I think a visit in person would be best. Not sure a phone call would accomplish much.

If the info you got from the consulate is in a email you should take a copy with you. They might accept that as proof it was an error and correct it on your visa.

• Like 1

Firstly I'd like to echo the praiseworthy comments of Bert Jones [emoji122] Now, going back to earlier post re dates... I'm getting an SETV on Friday. I thought the valid for 60 days meant I just had to enter in that period but does it also mean that my SETV will expire 90 days from issue Nb regardless of when I enter? If so this concerns me as it means if my departure date slips back my visa clock is running so maybe I should delay my appointment... Please clarify

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, thecolonel said:

Firstly I'd like to echo the praiseworthy comments of Bert Jones emoji122.png Now, going back to earlier post re dates... I'm getting an SETV on Friday. I thought the valid for 60 days meant I just had to enter in that period but does it also mean that my SETV will expire 90 days from issue Nb regardless of when I enter? If so this concerns me as it means if my departure date slips back my visa clock is running so maybe I should delay my appointment... Please clarify

The enter before date will be three months from the issue date.  You can enter at any time in the 3 month period and you will get a 60 day entry.  You do not have to enter and leave within the 3 months, only enter.

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Connected to my previous METV question....for an METV the first entry does have to be within 3 months of issue. So does it not make sense that on it has an enter before date of 3 months rather than 6?

It certainly is wrong. 

A METV allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. Only a single entry visa is valid for entry for 3 months.

For example if you have a METV it would allow you to make the first entry from it 6 months from the date of issue.If you had a single entry visa it would be 3 months.

• Like 1

It certainly is wrong. 
A METV allows unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue. Only a single entry visa is valid for entry for 3 months.
For example if you have a METV it would allow you to make the first entry from it 6 months from the date of issue.If you had a single entry visa it would be 3 months.

For some reason i got the idea from somewhere that although the visa is valid for 6 months, first entry had to be within 3 months of issue. At least i know this isn't correct now.

2 hours ago, thecolonel said:

Firstly I'd like to echo the praiseworthy comments of Bert Jones emoji122.png Now, going back to earlier post re dates... I'm getting an SETV on Friday. I thought the valid for 60 days meant I just had to enter in that period but does it also mean that my SETV will expire 90 days from issue Nb regardless of when I enter? If so this concerns me as it means if my departure date slips back my visa clock is running so maybe I should delay my appointment... Please clarify

Assuming the SETV is issued on Friday 21st October;

• The 'enter before' (expiry) date will be January 20th. (3 months)
  • You can enter any day on or before January 20th.
  • On whatever day you enter you'll be granted permission to stay for 60 days. That applies even if you entered on the last possible day (Jan 20th).
  • As long as you are planning to enter before January 20th you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

It certainly is wrong. 

Final question......the UK consulate has provided me a letter, headed paper signed etc stating it was an error. Is it worth me trying Jomtien first before i head to Bangkok?

Hi.

I have 2 questions please:

1. I want to apply for the METV, but I can only get a print out of my bank statement WITHOUT an official stamp from the bank, because it's an online bank only, they don't have branches. The print out shows the required funds for the last 6 months, and I have a fax header from my bank stating that I hold an account with them, but I can't get an official bank stamp. Will this be accepted by the visa office?

2. I have my self-employment self-assessment form for 2015, but not for 2016 because I haven't submitted it yet. Will this be acceptable to the visa office?

Thank you for the help.

5 minutes ago, monkeymind said:

Hi.

I have 2 questions please:

1. I want to apply for the METV, but I can only get a print out of my bank statement WITHOUT an official stamp from the bank, because it's an online bank only, they don't have branches. The print out shows the required funds for the last 6 months, and I have a fax header from my bank stating that I hold an account with them, but I can't get an official bank stamp. Will this be accepted by the visa office?

2. I have my self-employment self-assessment form for 2015, but not for 2016 because I haven't submitted it yet. Will this be acceptable to the visa office?

Thank you for the help.

For definitive answers you should ask the Thai Embassy in the place you intend to apply.

• Like 1

This is just a suggestion as I'm no visa Guru but as re 2.could you not get your Accountant or equivalent to draft up your 2016 income figures with a letter of certification? Better than nothing?? In my case I could not demonstrate income from 'work' which im told is what comforts them that you will have to return home eventually...

32 minutes ago, monkeymind said:

Well yes, but I didn't want to make the long trip all the way to the Embassy without having the right documentation because I fly out in less than 10 days. 

Can anyone else help with these questions please?

I doubt anyone can answer your questions. I would think that what you have would be accepted, but if it isn't they will, at least, issue you with a SETV.