New photocopy and picture capabilities at Jomtien Immigration

craigt3365

Copies cheaper than the 5B places outside? That will cause some feathers to be ruffled. smile.png Away from the tourist traps it's 2B or less, and it would be nice if immigration provided the service for that price.

I find the Kodak shop at the bottom of the soi to be good for photos. Certainly saves a long walk to have it on site though.

I'm still scratching my head on the price. I had a bunch of pics taken, quite a few photocopies, and the price was 12B! I didn't want to argue, and she kept apologizing for spending my money as she didn't like the copies I brought. I was stunned...

Back today. I'll try a few more copies just to see what happens! LOL

The place the OP is talking about has been there for years, helpful staff I always get them to fill in the forms and do the photocopying or photo for a visa, but

If you need a new passport photo don't use them, on their own advise the Kodak shop on the corner of soi6 beach road Jomtien is better they know the UK passport photo requirements

The place the OP is talking about has been there for years, helpful staff I always get them to fill in the forms and do the photocopying or photo for a visa, but

If you need a new passport photo don't use them, on their own advise the Kodak shop on the corner of soi6 beach road Jomtien is better they know the UK passport photo requirements

Apparently there's a new place inside the Immigrations building itself that does photocopies and photos.

Apparently there's a new place inside the Immigrations building itself that does photocopies and photos.

Ok thanks, apologies to OP

Nope. This is brand new construction. Easy to see from the outside and wasn't there before, like 90 days ago. LOL I've used that other shop for years also, but this one is inside immigration, not outside.

I think they made a mistake yesterday. Did a copy today and it was 5B. Interestingly enough, I needed one more quick copy and they did it right at desk 8 for me. No charge.

And still taking pics when you retrieve your passport.

Just got back home after getting some photographs taken at Kodac. Cost 130 bt for 8 x photo's.

Thanks for the up-to-date price. It must be a year or two since I last had any done but I wasnt far out.

You're Welcome, much cheaper than the that other place used to charge. So thank YOU for the info in the first place.

Edited by lou62

Nope. This is brand new construction. Easy to see from the outside and wasn't there before, like 90 days ago. LOL I've used that other shop for years also, but this one is inside immigration, not outside.

I think they made a mistake yesterday. Did a copy today and it was 5B. Interestingly enough, I needed one more quick copy and they did it right at desk 8 for me. No charge.

And still taking pics when you retrieve your passport.

Sounds a great improvement, thanks

Worth pointing out that the Kodak shop does (or did) copies too, for less than 5B (I think 2 or 3B). So if you are coming from Beach Road you can at least get the main part of your photos and copies done cheaply there, even if subsequently you need one or two more at the higher price.

In my experience no matter how many copies you take with you they always want one more.

Are you guys arguing/giving tips about prices between 80-120bht? 1 time every 3-6 months tongue.png

No more comments haha

Laugh away, but a penny saved is a penny earned and I would rather my money stayed in my pocket than see it go into someone else's.

I stopped working at age 50, in part thanks to not having wasted money needlessly.

You are talking of inside the actual building, rather than the business to the left before you actually go through the doors?

It sounds like you are describing a position close to where the Rottweiller (grumpy man) used to sit.

The place outside has been there for years and I thought copied were a rather 'higher end' 10b each, but a convenient service. If they have opened a copy place within immigration that outside office will not be very happy about it! Didn't notice it just 2 days ago.

Are you guys arguing/giving tips about prices between 80-120bht? 1 time every 3-6 months tongue.png

No more comments haha

Laugh away, but a penny saved is a penny earned and I would rather my money stayed in my pocket than see it go into someone else's.

I stopped working at age 50, in part thanks to not having wasted money needlessly.

Spot on thumbsup.gif

52 for me.