Is Thailand loosing its charm?

Crazy chef 1

I think that Thailand could learn a lot from India regarding charm. India has historical palaces, promotes its animals with integrity. It has a body set up to warn tourists of scams. The sages with their devotees bathe in the Ganges is a site to see.

dead bodies on the streets and rivers are quite charming

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Thailand could learn a lot from India regarding charm. India has historical palaces, promotes its animals with integrity. It has a body set up to warn tourists of scams. The sages with their devotees bathe in the Ganges is a site to see.

Charming. Not so different to USA.

In USA, the police force provide this service. One can sit in the comfort of one's home & view on their TV.

LOS been 'losing it's charm' for a decade now and has been on a rapid decline these past 5 years. The wais are gone, the smiles are gone. "Baditude" and high prices are the norm. It's a tourist trap now...crying.gif

I still see a lot of foreigners here who wai the local tuk tuk driver,massage girl,waitress,street vendor and even each other...

Charming. Not so different to USA.

In USA, the police force provide this service. One can sit in the comfort of one's home & view on their TV.

Not so different to the USA? There are almost NO similarities between India and USA. I don't think you could pick two more different countries. If India is so charming, then why aren't more people trying to move there? Indian people are the rudest people I have ever met. I have Indian friends in USA and even they tell me how bad their own people are.

Pretty interesting dynamic certain poster(s) are showing within this thread...if every now and then pops a post up where people demand that Thailand should be more modern or use the western approach this very same poster(s) gets furious to protect Thai people and their way but now he is completely vice versa...hmmmm

Pretty interesting dynamic certain poster(s) are showing within this thread...if every now and then pops a post up where people demand that Thailand should be more modern or use the western approach this very same poster(s) gets furious to protect Thai people and their way but now he is completely vice versa...hmmmm

A lot of your posts recently are so vague as to be almost completely pointless. If you have something to say about someone, man up and say it, eh?

A lot of your posts recently are so vague as to be almost completely pointless. If you have something to say about someone, man up and say it, eh?

clap2.gif

I am just obeying our forum rules...

The forum rules don't say you have to put your balls in a jar before you post

In my case they do...

In my case they do...

Given how many threads you've started recently, you're obviously bored out of your mind so I can see why you're on your best behaviour.

Maybe you should find something else to do with your time

In my case they do...

Given how many threads you've started recently, you're obviously bored out of your mind so I can see why you're on your best behaviour.

Maybe you should find something else to do with your time

Due of the popularity of my recent opened topics I assume they are somehow appreciated by our forum members and aren't topics the reason for a forum??? Btw haven't seen much openings by you both...but many eloquent,appreciated,well informed and contributing replies...

I don't know about balls - some of the bravest people I know don't have any balls at all, while plenty of losers have a pair.

Well whether 'balls' is taken literally or figuratively I don't see that for some they think it takes some courage or daring to come on here and say anything whilst remaining behind an anonymous log-in name.

I don't know about balls - some of the bravest people I know don't have any balls at all, while plenty of losers have a pair.

Well whether 'balls' is taken literally or figuratively I don't see that for some they think it takes some courage or daring to come on here and say anything whilst remaining behind an anonymous log-in name.

This is just a form of entertainment - a way of passing the time and shooting the shit. Nothing more than that. Some people do start to take it a little too seriously, though.

We're getting way off the path here though. Lets talk about Thailand, not talk about talking about Thailand.

Did you realize there are creeps on this forum who've just started threads about you elsewhere?

I won't mention names, nor will I discuss mangoes. I will however say that creeps sicken me.

Did you realize there are creeps on this forum who've just started threads about you elsewhere?

I won't mention names, nor will I discuss mangoes. I will however say that creeps sicken me.

Let them talk. If they have so little going on that I'm the most interesting thing they can find to talk about, god help them.

Let them talk. If they have so little going on that I'm the most interesting thing they can find to talk about, god help them.

Good attitude.

Good too to see you know who the worms are.

This is just a form of entertainment - a way of passing the time and shooting the shit. Nothing more than that. Some people do start to take it a little too seriously, though.

We're getting way off the path here though. Lets talk about Thailand, not talk about talking about Thailand.

I took care of that one with (what is now) post #99.

Good attitude.

Good too to see you know who the worms are.

post-160354-0-22313600-1449798972_thumb.

From BKK to all the places where foreign tourists go, Phuket, Hua Hin, Samui, Pattaya, CM, etc etc - it's been losing it's charm for years. Sorry, you did'nt want to hear it, but the real Thailand, with plenty of charm left is out in the sticks where the tourists do not flock. Nakon Nowhere etc.