Climate change deniers 'out of touch with science' says Kerry

webfact

Climate change deniers 'out of touch with science' says Kerry

606x341_318638.jpg

PARIS: -- US secretary of state John Kerry said on Wednesday that those who deny the effects of climate change are “out of touch with science.”

World leaders at the Paris climate summit are seeking what Kerry described as a “momentum for an agreement that has never before existed.”

Delegates have been working towards a deal to keep global warming below two degrees Celsius.

“We are determined, to succeed here in Paris,” said Kerry. “And extraordinarily – I’ve never seen it in my entire time in public life – 140 heads of government all came to Paris on the same day to make clear their personal commitment to a global agreement. They all know, as we do, and they made it clear in their statements here, that we have reached a critical moment. We’re seeing momentum for an agreement that has never before existed.”

French foreign minister Laurent Fabius, who is also the summit president, said he hopes to secure a final climate deal by a deadline of 6 p.m. CET on Friday (December 11).

As the talks dragged on, dozens of farmers outside French food company Danone protested against corporate agri-business. They say the only sustainable way to produce food is small peasant agriculture.

And at the Louvre Museum, dozens of activists denounced its sponsorship by oil industry giants Eni and Total.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-10

If you keep saying long enough people will start to believe it.

Just like my accountant he can make my earnings look low for the tax office and high enough to a bank to get a loan, not saying don't do anything but i do object to where it will cost the ordinary joe to implement what these guys want to do.

Kerry really is a miserable idiot. He doesn't even know enough to get the wording right.

Just what the h**l is a "climate change denier"? As if anyone denied that the climate has changed over Earth's history. "Global warming" is what he means, because it is the warming, and the warming alone, which is supposed to drive the other climate effects.

Then he needs to stick the phrase "man-made" in there, because if it isn't man-made, why are we trying to punish sections of society for their actions?

So, if he had sense enough to say "man-made global warming deniers", he might have something that could be debated. But no, he can do no more than recycle tired old dogma. Not that he's alone in that. Every dullard from Ban-Ki Moon and Barack Obama upwards is happily purveying this meaningless BS.

Being a genuine nitwit, Kerry can't resist a lame joke. "[Climate deniers are] so out of touch with science that they believe rising sea levels don't matter, because in their view, the extra water will just spill over the sides of a flat Earth."

Gee, what a statesman.

"[Climate deniers are] so out of touch with science that they believe rising sea levels don't matter, because in their view, the extra water will just spill over the sides of a flat Earth." I'll be damned my old friend Kerry got something right for a change. He isn't the same man I knew in VVAW (sold out long ago) but at least in this he is correct. Climate change deniers are not just ignorant, they are stupid fools. faux (not the) news and big oil strike again, gawd what idiots to believe them.

"[Climate deniers are] so out of touch with science that they believe rising sea levels don't matter, because in their view, the extra water will just spill over the sides of a flat Earth." I'll be damned my old friend Kerry got something right for a change. He isn't the same man I knew in VVAW (sold out long ago) but at least in this he is correct. Climate change deniers are not just ignorant, they are stupid fools. faux (not the) news and big oil strike again, gawd what idiots to believe them.

Yes the science is settled. Hundreds of the top scientists studied thousands of documents. Only flat earthers are denying it.

Not really a shock that the demographic that dont believe it was at school when the calculator of choice was an abacus.

Yes the science is settled. Hundreds of the top scientists studied thousands of documents. Only flat earthers are denying it.

Not really a shock that the demographic that dont believe it was at school when the calculator of choice was an abacus.

Dear, oh dear, Kerry's in even worse trouble than I thought..........

Meanwhile, back in the real world, Mark Steyn points out to a US Senate sub-committee that it is only the weakest of ideas that needs protection from criticism (hence "the science is settled")

Edited by RickBradford

Dear, oh dear, Kerry's in even worse trouble than I thought..........

Meanwhile, back in the real world, Mark Steyn points out to a US Senate sub-committee that it is only the weakest of ideas that needs protection from criticism (hence "the science is settled")

I'm not a scientist...

Okay, next?

Well folks, cheap energy fueled global economic growth for the last 100 years. It's this cheap energy that caused the problem. Don't think think for a second that you have not been the beneficiary of the economic growth. Payback is a bitch. There are no free rides.

It looks like somebody has hammered a bit of sense into John Kerry using, I don't know, a steam-powered mallet.

Here's what he said yesterday about the futility of the West reducing carbon dioxide emissions:

The fact is that even if every American citizen biked to work, carpooled to school, used only solar panels to power their homes, if we each planted a dozen trees, if we somehow eliminated all of our domestic greenhouse gas emissions, guess what – that still wouldn’t be enough to offset the carbon pollution [he means 'carbon dioxide emissions' - RB] coming from the rest of the world.
If all the industrial nations went down to zero emissions –- remember what I just said, all the industrial nations went down to zero emissions -– it wouldn’t be enough, not when more than 65% of the world’s carbon pollution comes from the developing world.
This, of course, is exactly what those 'climate change deniers' that Kerry was mocking in the OP have been saying for years. Kerry, typically, is treating it as though it were a great new discovery. Still, better late than never, I suppose.

Folks letting American politics restrict their abilities to understand science and get in the way, all of which is fine if this were just about you (the deniers in this thread).

But it's not just about you, it's about me as well and personally I don't feel like being fried just because you can't get over your personal feelings about John Kerry!

Edited by chiang mai

Folks letting American politics restrict their abilities to understand science and get in the way, all of which is fine if this were just about you (the deniers in this thread).

But it's not just about you, it's about me as well and personally I don't feel like being fried just because you can't get over your personal feelings about John Kerry!

If it's not Kerry it's someone else. Denying climate change is one of the main tenets of the Republican base, along with xenophobia, forced births and guns.