Bill Cosby sues sexual misconduct accusers

webfact

Cosby says 7 women who sued him made false accusations

BOSTON (AP) — Bill Cosby is firing back at seven women who are suing him for defamation, accusing them of making false accusations of sexual misconduct for financial gain.

Cosby filed counterclaims in federal court Monday, alleging the women made "malicious, opportunistic, and false and defamatory accusations" of sexual misconduct against him. Cosby is seeking unspecified monetary damages.

The women claim Cosby defamed them by allowing his representatives to brand them as liars after they went public with allegations of rape and other sexual misconduct dating back decades.

In his counterclaim, Cosby says the women have "engaged in a campaign to assassinate" his reputation and character. He says their campaign is "nothing more than an opportunistic attempt to extract financial gain from him."

The women suing Cosby in Massachusetts are among approximately 50 who have accused the comedian of rape or unwanted sexual contact.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-12-15

1-2 girls. Ok, maybe he's innocent. But 50???

Not an unusual occurrence to see all sorts of people coming out from the woodwork and from under

the rocks to share in the big day payout.. not to say that some hasn't got a legitimate claims, but I'm

sure that hangers on also joined the party with very little to show for..

So now let's see who's lawyer is the better one and who's got deeper pockets here...

Edited by ezzra

Actor Bill Cosby files defamation suit

606x341_318928.jpg

BOSTON: -- Actor Bill Cosby, accused by more than 40 women of sexual assault, has filed a lawsuit claiming several of them lied about him for financial gain.

The 78-year-old is seeking unspecified monetary damages and said the women inflicted emotional distress.

He said the accusations were “nothing more than an opportunistic attempt to extract financial gain from him.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-15

I don't think all of those making accusations are suing him. I think it is these 7 that are suing and so he has filed a counter suit. I am not 100% sure, but there was something about it on the radio this morning as I was driving to work.

I don't think all of those making accusations are suing him. I think it is these 7 that are suing and so he has filed a counter suit. I am not 100% sure, but there was something about it on the radio this morning as I was driving to work.

Your not sure ? Well then no point in reading your post scott.

I am not 100% sure of all of the circumstances. I do know that he is counter suing the 7 who have filed a lawsuit against him. He is doing nothing at this point about those who have made allegations but are not suing him.

There is even less point in responding to a post if you don't think its worth reading.

And even less point in your reply coffee1.gif

Scott is correct. Cosby is issuing counter claims against the women that chose to sue him. How people read from that that he is guilty with the other 40 is beyond me.

I think they have got to

be lying --Can't see why a good looking guy like Crosby can't pull his own women..............coffee1.gif

thailand expat poster child wannabe

I'd think it quite possible that some women would have had sex with him to garner any help he could provide to get them into show business.

Bill, give it up. Go hide under a rock in Brazil or Venezuela or some other country that will not

extradite you. Possibly France and Switzerland with Polanski. Up to you. Your family may believe

you but that's about all that do. bah.gif

Bill, What the hell are you thinking? Have you lost your marbles? 1 or 2 women claiming sexual misconduct...you might stand a chance...but "50"?

You would do yourself a favor by just fading into the woodwork and never be heard of again...

This could end rather badly for the accused...and probably should...

I would wager that there is not a single male A-List celebrity exists that but by the grace of God is not up there with Cosby. There may be victims, but in reality, one day's groupy or someone on the casting couch is 30 years later a penniless individual living in the worlds most litigious society, 'who you gonna call' - Celebrity busters. As I say, there may well be victims, but their genuine plight will be overshadowed by the undoubted treasure seekers that are now part of this game. As I was once told in the extreme north of Norway that the girls try and do anything they can to screw their way south, in Hollywood and Las Vegas the same principle applies to those seeking fame and fortune. It's not good, I guess it's not acceptable but for a century it has been part of the Hollywood celebrity mind set, including the wannabees. Cosby is a scapegoat for the entire US celebrity industry. In fact let me rephrase that - the ENTIRE celebrity industry. Just my two cents.

Edited by Andaman Al

So I guess that's a clear admission that the dozens of other ones were all telling the truth.

But does it matter what this scumbag says anyway? I'll believe the 7 women he's accusing.

Cosby's family must detest him now,

Good... I couldn't stand that ultra-wholesome Huxtable BS anyway.

1-2 girls. Ok, maybe he's innocent. But 50???

Not an unusual occurrence to see all sorts of people coming out from the woodwork and from under

the rocks to share in the big day payout.. not to say that some hasn't got a legitimate claims, but I'm

sure that hangers on also joined the party with very little to show for..

So now let's see who's lawyer is the better one and who's got deeper pockets here...

Only 7/50 are actually suing.

A disaster in the making for Cosby, comes off as a tacit admission. A money-is-no-object legal team, and this is what they come up with? Sounds like desperation.

Best thing for Cosby would be to delay delay delay until he passes on.

The key is the settlement reached around 10 years ago where the woman in question is not allowed to talk about it as part of the deal. If there was nothing to hide she would be allowed to talk about it, eh? If this is ever brought to justice and he's openly found guilty of just one of these incidents these countersuits get flushed down the tubes because he no longer has a "good name." If there are any false accusers that jumped on the bandwagon they may be criminally charged with fraud, depends on the prosecutors and jurisdiction.