90 Day Reporting - Comments and Experiences 2016

Tywais

TM30 Cannot be done online by individuals, only hotel's / condo's

I would suggest you go in person to IMM Prom to do the TM30 Report

With respect to 90 day report, go to the Post Office, with you forms and two envelopes, one addressed to IMM, the other your return address

Tell the guy at the PO EMS both ways, he stick the EMS label on the envelope to IMM, and do the same for your return address

Cost 74B, you will be given a receipt, keep it in case you envelope gets lost, this is proof of posting

On the receipt is a EMS number, you can track online at thailandpost.co.th

If you want to check the same for the return post, you should take a picture of the return envelope / number or write the number down

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And keep in mind that someone has to be home to collect the return letter if you use registeted mail or EMS. Normal letter will just be dropped by the postman. Never had a problem with this (only one-way registered to immigration)

Cheers both. Had a bit of a mental blockage on just hope the return envelope receipt would work. Might be useful to add to the 90 day reporting pinned thread.

No problem for us re EMS as they leave at the moo baan office if we are out. The problem with regular mail at the moment is that there is no post box and no house numbers up yet. EMS know the address as I've been on a Lazada shopping spree of late :)

Edited by SooKee

Yep, you only get a receipt showing the outgoing mail, the EMS number is on the receipt

If you want to check your mail coming back, you need to take a photo of your envelope once the PO guy has put the EMS sticker on the envelope OR

write the number down on a piece of paper

You DO NOT get a second recipt for the return envelope

That's the only way you can track the EMS mail coming back from IMM

Its important to keep the receipt as its 'Proof of Posting', if you do not get your mail back go to IMM AIRPORT with you receipt

Just managed my second online-report, it took me a few tries with IE on Windows-7, with the drop-down support being very slow to work, but was approved within a couple-of-hours & then the battle to print it out, on my elderly laptop ! rolleyes.gif

Apropos of not much, does anyone know, why do they call it "CHINGMAI" on their system ? I never saw that spelling of it before !

I paid for ems,each way,But on the receipt,there is omnly one ems number,The sending one,and the guy in the post office never put one on the returned envelope But there was one on when it came back bit late??

Ask the cashier to write the return ems number on the receipt.

Just managed my second online-report, it took me a few tries with IE on Windows-7, with the drop-down support being very slow to work, but was approved within a couple-of-hours & then the battle to print it out, on my elderly laptop ! rolleyes.gif

Apropos of not much, does anyone know, why do they call it "CHINGMAI" on their system ? I never saw that spelling of it before !

Recognition of the massive influx of new visitors perhaps?

I thought they were using hellodolly's spelling thumbsup.gif

I thought they were using hellodolly's spelling thumbsup.gif

It's spelled correctly in Thai.

Love the thought that they had Hellodolly do their English language proof reading.

I paid for ems,each way,But on the receipt,there is omnly one ems number,The sending one,and the guy in the post office never put one on the returned envelope But there was one on when it came back bit late??

Addressed to 'true blue':

Good friend can't even persuade his local post office to put EMS on the return -- "Cannot do, not legal"

My local office would do but you needed to ask for the return tracking number to be written on the receipt.

The main amphur office said -- "No problem" and printed out a receipt with both tracking numbers on it

Don't you just love Thailand? smile.png

Good friend can't even persuade his local post office to put EMS on the return -- "Cannot do, not legal"

My local office would do but you needed to ask for the return tracking number to be written on the receipt.

The main amphur office said -- "No problem" and printed out a receipt with both tracking numbers on it

Just like whoever you get at Immigration offices

They tell you a different storey as what and can not be done

As the old Saying goes This Is Thailand We have to just get used to and get on with our life here

Just like whoever you get at Immigration offices

They tell you a different storey as what and can not be done

As the old Saying goes This Is Thailand We have to just get used to and get on with our life here

The first time I did my mail-in, I only received the one EMS number. The next time, I asked the girl waiting on me to give me a receipt for both numbers. She was really lost before I even asked that, but the senior gentleman next to her walked her through the process. She then handed me a receipt that showed both outgoing and return numbers. This was at the Sansai Post Office.

It didn't really matter checking the tracking number Imm never did mail it. As many above, I finally went to the old office and retrieved my new report, (this was in the middle of January).

If the worst comes to the worst and you are not home when your EMS/REG reply comes you get a notification card and pick it up at the PO you sent it from.No big deal.

Surely a better option than a trip to Promenda and hanging around a soul less mall for hours.Online does not work for me

If the worst comes to the worst and you are not home when your EMS/REG reply comes you get a notification card and pick it up at the PO you sent it from.No big deal.

Surely a better option than a trip to Promenda and hanging around a soul less mall for hours.Online does not work for me

Try again, next time. Works for me now, after several failed attempts. Nothing's changed on my end of the deal smile.png

A friend went to the old Imm. office near the airport and reports that anyone can just walk in and submit a 90 day report like old days -- no waiting. He says there's even a sign to that effect. Also that re-entry permits can be obtained at the old office.

Anyone else been successful in submitting their 90 day report at the old airport office -- not just going to inquire about a missing postal report, but just showing up to submit a report in person?

A friend went to the old Imm. office near the airport and reports that anyone can just walk in and submit a 90 day report like old days -- no waiting. He says there's even a sign to that effect. Also that re-entry permits can be obtained at the old office.

Anyone else been successful in submitting their 90 day report at the old airport office -- not just going to inquire about a missing postal report, but just showing up to submit a report in person?

Thanks Nancy, how interesting....... just proves the old adage that every day in this country can throw up a surprise.Its only a matter of weeks since I went in there to find out what had happened to my mail in and our friend in the glasses went into a tirade that I MUST in future go to Promenada, no more mail ins allowed.I made the point at the time, on this forum, that there was parking and no more than a dozen people waiting and staff chatting with each other or on their phones.

I hope more people,that go,or have been, in person, will confirm that this latest development is ongoing.

I was told that if I was on retirement I had to go to prom to submit 90 days,same with re-entry but other ranks could submit/ apply at the airport office, this was about 6 weeks ago.

That said mail in has been successful 3 out of the last 3 and the last time online was successful.

Hi all

I was planning to go to Promenada immigration office, but I just tried my 90 days notification online ( Windows 8 / IE )

Within a few minutes, I received an email telling me it was approved... I also printed it easily from Chrome, together with the receipt of notification giving me the next date.

Is that it ? I can't believe it is that simple...

Phil

Thanks Nancy, how interesting....... just proves the old adage that every day in this country can throw up a surprise.Its only a matter of weeks since I went in there to find out what had happened to my mail in and our friend in the glasses went into a tirade that I MUST in future go to Promenada, no more mail ins allowed.I made the point at the time, on this forum, that there was parking and no more than a dozen people waiting and staff chatting with each other or on their phones.

I hope more people,that go,or have been, in person, will confirm that this latest development is ongoing.

Sparkles, it may be that you and I are "special" and on Immigration's "watch list". I'm sure as heck not going to waltz into the old immigration office and try to submit my own 90 day report to Mr. Charm & Personality with the glasses myself to test whether they'll accept in-person 90 day reports there. And Hubby won't either. He says this is one of those times when he wishes he hadn't been so insistent that I take his last name when we married. In fact, he uses a visa agent for all his interactions with Immigration, except for 90-day reporting which I can manage to do on-line for us.

Hi all

I was planning to go to Promenada immigration office, but I just tried my 90 days notification online ( Windows 8 / IE )

Within a few minutes, I received an email telling me it was approved... I also printed it easily from Chrome, together with the receipt of notification giving me the next date.

Is that it ? I can't believe it is that simple...

Phil

Yes, that's it. Now, one has to ask why folk doing it in person need to supply photocopies whistling.gif

I was clearly told on February 15th at the old Immigration (near airport) office that they are doing walk-in 90-day reports there. Now, as to whether they'll keep doing them after the hordes descend, only time will tell.

I was told that if I was on retirement I had to go to prom to submit 90 days,same with re-entry but other ranks could submit/ apply at the airport office, this was about 6 weeks ago.

That said mail in has been successful 3 out of the last 3 and the last time online was successful.

Amazing........................ maybe a decison was made to keep us geriatrics even more confused. Its Monty Python at its best.

Might be a vendetta .I blame the Bridge players

I was clearly told on February 15th at the old Immigration (near airport) office that they are doing walk-in 90-day reports there. Now, as to whether they'll keep doing them after the hordes descend, only time will tell.

Should the hordes descend maybe [???] it will register with those who make the decisions that [even if they prefer some areas to remain grey] they would benefit themselves from making changes like this public knowledge. They are never going to mail everybody of course but put signs up! My understanding from friends is that retirement ext business [including 90-days] will be at the Promenada and marriage ext business [including 90-days] will be at the airport. Until further notice -- not that there will be one!

Just completed my 90 day report in person...took 10 mins but I was in a queue from 5am, I was #4. As I left I asked the lady(the one with all the spaghetti on her uniform) at what number they stop handing out tickets she spoke loud enough for all in the queue to hear Last ticket 150, then come back next day, at 9.10 she was already on #57, did a quick head count and there were sill 50 odd to get tickets.

I also asked the head concho inside who does all the announcing if he could explain to me why I am having difficulties with my attempts at "online reporting". He told me that there is a glitch in the system which is being worked on. Admitted there was some success for some and no go for others. He also told me that they were having a meeting after they close this evening to discuss the matter with the IT staff and bosses. I always thought perhaps my credentials were to blame because of my old Arrival Card (2007) but he assured me this was not the case and took my passport and rechecked the system to see if I was in there, he assured me I was and everything was A OK with my passport.

Last thing for those of you going now for a personal report... take Mozzie spray, we were all eaten alive this mornincheesy.gif Clouds of the nasty little buggers, we all looked like retards slapping ourselves senseless.

Edited by Johnice