Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

6 hours ago, stament said:

Sorry Nancy it's a typo. A nom Immigrant 1 year family ( based on Thai wife)visa but my understanding is that it's only valid for 90 days as a multi entry before renewal at re-entry. 

I only need to stay a maximum of 6 months in total on the visa and this will be my first visa obtained outside of TH in a new passport. 

Unless you want to buy a vehicle, get a Thai drivers license or something where you'll need a Cert. of Res. then you can probably forget about the TM30.  The worse that can happen is a fine of 1600 baht if you are nice and polite when busted.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Unless you want to buy a vehicle, get a Thai drivers license or something where you'll need a Cert. of Res. then you can probably forget about the TM30.  The worse that can happen is a fine of 1600 baht if you are nice and polite when busted.

Great stuff ☺️

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

Quite a good job , sitting there and doing nothing for a few hours and getting paid quite well

Would you do it or ask your family members to do it....just a simple question....

16 hours ago, opalred said:

i was at immigration the other day

WIFE AND I WERE SHOCKED AT THE SICK EXPATS GROUP

the wife was talking to 2/ young school girls /15 and 16yrs

they said like others do sitting for the frangs

get there at 3 to  4 am and sit on a chair for the expats \paid 300to 500 b

then when the expat turns up  8 /30 they go to school

the wife is a volunteer for a women's group to help abused women and protect the exploration of children

she was shocked and upset at the abuse of the young girls

these expats can sit in a bar and look at a wall for hrs 

groups sit at bars for hrs and grunt at each other sometimes

or sit for hrs and watch old football games at a bar  /

then pay a child to sit in a dark mall 3am /as to lazy to get out of bed early

WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR DAUGHTER TO SIT IN A DARK MALL AT 3AM

i hope they deport these sick people and the expat group that arranges this sick practice

Interesting reading

But this is Thailand

You have been here long enough

Plus be careful when you use the Words XPAT GROUP

You maybe should have stated A GROUP OF XPATS

Otherwise you leave the door open for people

For others to complain about various Xpat Groups Whether it be in Chiang Mai or anywhere in Thailand including Facebook

Thee have been many changed to Chiang Mai Innigration

Plus a lot of people pay for que sitters

This has been going on for years

So this is nothing NEW

IMHO

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stament said:

Great stuff ☺️

See!  I told you so (posted the same advice earlier!) but now that NancyL agrees you know it must be correct.

If Nancy and I keep up this public (TV Forum) rapprochement we might even be seen together again in public!! ?

Edited by scottiejohn

A friend did his visa extension just the other day

Was asked for ID from his Condo or person renting from

All though he had a TM30

So things are changing

I hear A Officer has been to Immigration for a few days from Bangkok

Over the last few days

So Maybe more complaints or just checking

Who Knows

Also Agents use a office just past The Copy Shop  on the ground floor

So they have moved from upstairs Office

I also hear that Immigration have just signed a extension of Promenade Lease for 1 more year

So maybe a gradual return to the New Airport Building

Anyone else heard anything else new !!

TIme for the annual pilgrimage for my extension of stay, so took all my documents to the visa agent upstairs at the Prom. They did ask for documentation to back up the income verification letter. Said the "new" boss requires it. Provided them copies of of each of my retirement income statements. I also had copies of three months of bank statements showing the deposits into my account, but they said the other documents were enough.

Edited by FredLee

I did my extension based on marriage last week. Arrived at 07:00 and got number 11 which was estimated to be seen around 14:00. Went home, came back. The students do all the form the checking so when you see the immigration officer it takes about 15 mins. This was the easiest extension i have ever done. 

Nobody arrived after me at 07:00 and before the office opened and there where at least another 3 or more spaces free. I could have arrived later in the morning and got one of those. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FredLee said:

TIme for the annual pilgrimage for my extension of stay, so took all my documents to the visa agent upstairs at the Prom. They did ask for documentation to back up the income verification letter. Said the "new" boss requires it. Provided them copies of of each of my retirement income statements. I also had copies of three months of bank statements showing the deposits into my account, but they said the other documents were enough.

Seems like there was a big argument about that recently. 

17 hours ago, FredLee said:

Are you from the USA ?

1 hour ago, davehowden said:

Are you from the USA ?

Yes. I had the income certification letter from the consulate, but the agent said that immigration is now requiring additional documentation.

Edited by FredLee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FredLee said:

Yes. I had the income certification letter from the consulate, but the agent said that immigration is now requiring additional documentation.

Was it the agent that said that or an Immigration agent?  Seems that some agents just want to make sure that their clients are over-prepared.

14 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Have 90-day reports moved to the new Airport location now?

They can still be done at your local computer or post office.  

Easier for you and better for the people who actually need to be at immigration. 

51 minutes ago, amexpat said:

They can still be done at your local computer or post office.  

Easier for you and better for the people who actually need to be at immigration. 

Can yo elaborate on your statement

local computer or post office

Where did you get this information

I believe it can only be done through the Immigration Offices

6 hours ago, NancyL said:

Was it the agent that said that or an Immigration agent?  Seems that some agents just want to make sure that their clients are over-prepared.

The agent told me it was now required. When I went to get my extension, the immigration agent looked at each statement very closely. He then laid them out side by side with the certification letter to make sure the amounts matched up. It appears they are getting serious about it. I always have my income documentation with me when I go to immigration just to be on the safe side, but this is the first time I had to show it.

6 hours ago, Lizard2010 said:

Can yo elaborate on your statement

local computer or post office

Where did you get this information

I believe it can only be done through the Immigration Offices

We've done our 90-day reports by mail for the last few years. But I heard that they will/have moved to Airport, and so wondered if the mail-in address had changed. I've since learned that you can mail the 90-day reports to either address.

3 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

We've done our 90-day reports by mail for the last few years. But I heard that they will/have moved to Airport, and so wondered if the mail-in address had changed. I've since learned that you can mail the 90-day reports to either address.

Before and after most of Immigration moved to Promenada, I've used the same "airport road" address for the mail-in address.  The address is for the old site but presume the Post Office gets it to the right location.  The traditional address has been (you don't need the bracketed info in Thai):

Notify 90 Days                                   

Chiangmai Immigration

71 Moo 3,  Sanambin Road                

[71 หมู่ที่ .สนามบิน]                                               

T. Suthep,  A. Muang                          
Chiang Mai, Thailand  50200

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CMBob said:

Before and after most of Immigration moved to Promenada, I've used the same "airport road" address for the mail-in address.  The address is for the old site but presume the Post Office gets it to the right location.  The traditional address has been (you don't need the bracketed info in Thai):

Notify 90 Days                                   

Chiangmai Immigration

71 Moo 3,  Sanambin Road                

[71 หมู่ที่ .สนามบิน]                                               

T. Suthep,  A. Muang                          
Chiang Mai, Thailand  50200

The receipt that is returned to you ,in the SAF envelope you provide ,always carries the above address stamped on  the front by them .Well at least mine do for as long as I can remember.

On 8/17/2018 at 9:16 AM, Sparkles said:

The receipt that is returned to you ,in the SAF envelope you provide ,always carries the above address stamped on  the front by them .Well at least mine do for as long as I can remember.

Hmmm, then I guess I've been wasting time putting it there myself! HA!

One big GAP in my understanding that one of you experts might close up. Used to be a person could extend a tourist visa ad infinitum, so there were many young people who had stayed in Thailand for years. Then you could extend a one month only twice, but you could still go to Laos and extend that way and get two more extensions. But how does it go now? Suppose a person gets a 30 day tourist visa, extends twice, then has to wait another year it would seem. But can he still just go to Laos or another foreign city and extend again? Can't seem to figure this out, maybe too many changes, but just how long can an ordinary bloke stay in Thailand using a tourist visa / extension at this point in time? Or is that a stupid question? 

46 minutes ago, cusanus said:

One big GAP in my understanding that one of you experts might close up. Used to be a person could extend a tourist visa ad infinitum, so there were many young people who had stayed in Thailand for years. Then you could extend a one month only twice, but you could still go to Laos and extend that way and get two more extensions. But how does it go now? Suppose a person gets a 30 day tourist visa, extends twice, then has to wait another year it would seem. But can he still just go to Laos or another foreign city and extend again? Can't seem to figure this out, maybe too many changes, but just how long can an ordinary bloke stay in Thailand using a tourist visa / extension at this point in time? Or is that a stupid question? 

Suggest you have a look at this link

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1053494-is-there-a-time-limit-of-stay-for-whose-who-have-stayed-in-thailand-for-above-100-days-consecutively/?page=4

22 hours ago, cusanus said:

Hmmm, then I guess I've been wasting time putting it there myself! HA!

Not really sure what you are on about. The SAE, I provide, that comes back from Imm, has my personal name and address label in the middle of the envelope.The CM Immigration address, stamped by them, on the top left and the 3 baht stamp,I place is top right. ?

• Like 1