Hua Hin to Chonburi/Pattaya Bus Service?

PETERTHEEATER

Are you going to Pattaya, or to Muang Chonburi (Chonburi city) ?

To my knowledge, there never has been direct, non-stop service. For Pattaya, I think you have two options:

1. Bus from Hua Hin to Sai Tai Mai (Southern Bus Terminal) in Bkk., then bus from there to North Pattaya Bus Station. While I haven't travelled from Sai Tai Mai to Pattaya in about 8 yrs., at that time there was only about 6 buses per day, scheduled to avoid the morning and afternoon rush hours in Bkk. Frequency may have increased with the opening of the southern leg of the Bkk. ringroad, which was not open when I did it.

2. Bell Travel van from Hua Hin to Suwarnaphum Airport, then proceed to Pattaya from there on a different Bell van, or on public bus # 389 (ticket counter adjacent to the Bell counter between doors 7 and 8 on the ground floor of the airport terminal.)

For Chonburi city I don't have personal experience. Enquire at Hua Hin Bus Station before leaving. If nothing, go as far as Sai Tai Mai and enquire there. You may have to travel across Bangkok to Ekamai Bus Station to get a bus to Chonburi.

So, don't go to Pattaya, or you will have to backtrack to reach Laem Chabang.Follow my advice above. Once you get as far as Chonburi city, get on a 2nd class bus (white with orange and blue stripes) bound for Sattahip or Rayong. They will let you off wherever you want as they pass through Laem Chabang. There may also be a songthaew between Chonburi and Laem Chabang.

Disregard what others have said about using buses or vans bound for Pattaya. Almost all now use the Motorway (Hwy. 7), and will leave you at the side of the road 10 km from Lat Krabang, with no public transport available there. Only to be used if you have specifically determined they will be travelling via Sukhumwit Road (Hwy. 3)