1. Body found floating in water

2. Head injuries

3. Scratches to face

4. Happened during the night

5. Koh Tao

6. Surname - Miller

7. No witnesses

So nothing at all suspicious then!

8 the iron on the roof was bent down, It was bent down before the death I downloaed a pic from b4 this happened and was like that long time.

9 the pace was packed one hour b4 sunset, but the owners of the bar saw nothing and failed to see him still there b4 they locked up.

10 Police kept the release of any information quiet and still quiet.

Why would you climb up and jump into a pool when everyone has gone, who do you impress? yourself.

Maris Miller has posted from facebook onto the Sunset bars face book page, read it yesterday saying things don't add up and suspects he was murdered, it's pretty hard to do that if she isn,t Maria Miller.

The Sunset bar does have barbed wire on the roof of the DJ booth next to the pool, presumably to stop people climbing up there. Look at their facebook pics. If you want to jump in the pool, why don't you do it from the diving board, which is just below the booth?

Why would you dive into this pool? it's not deep enough, the bar owners should be prosecuted for even having a spring board there.

and why dive into the pool by yourself alone??

Also pic shows that the iron was already bent down. Police have supposedly said bent iron caused by him standing on it

post-127818-0-94198000-1452485525_thumb.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's terrible. My thoughts are with the young mans family. RIP

Pity he never thought of them.

Pity you don't find something better to fill your day with. A young man has died on KT and trolling is your contribution.

I am writing about the consequences of running amok,with no thought of anybody but himself.Death by misadventure.I have empathy and pity for people that have misfortune through no fault of their own,not somebody as careless as this.

Seems he was enjoying some drugs while holidaying there.

I wonder if the police are looking into where he got them from as part of the solution to stop these sorts of things happening again? Surely?

balo, on 10 Jan 2016 - 15:34, said:

Has anyone tried to contact Maria Miller on her genuine facebook page just to verify that she is the real poster on Thaivisa ?

I would not be surprised if she don't know anything about this thread. .

Balo, she is genuine. How many times do I have to tell you.

I only posted once , you told me that yesterday. Did you contact her ?

However to really verify this she needs to post something on her own FB page,

Has anyone tried to contact Maria Miller on her genuine facebook page just to verify that she is the real poster on Thaivisa ?

youd have to be pretty gullible to believe that it was actually his sister, more likely 1 of the KT haters from this site judging my the language used.

why do these peple die on this island and why called the island of death thats what i think funny never old people he about the 6 person to die in a strange way

People die on Koh Tao for various reasons - not all 6 have died 'in a strange way' Some have been murdered, some have just died and the cause of death of the latest one in topic here is still not wholly confirmed.

Yes it has been wholly confirmed, the postmortem reported drowning to be the cause of death. No-one, apart from the usual over-excitable Thaivisa posters, has suggested any circumstances that may give cause for concern.

And apart from his sister.

so we are lead to believe...

Balo - all Islandlover is saying here is that she does exist.Luke does have a sister by the name of Maria Mimi Miller. Wordplay.

Edited by asiamaster

If that was the guy's sister, I don't think exposure to the lurid, fanciful speculations of bored expats would be a very healthy thing at this time. If it's not, then well, I have no words for the kind of person who would do that.

Either way, this thread achieves little but to bring shame on this forum.

All go to Koh Samui. Problems solved. Condolences to the family of Luke,hopefully you will find the truth

I lived on koh Samuii in the very early 80's for about 6 months,during that time there was an unusual death of a young lad I think at Bophut...deemed to have drowned..the owner of the huts I was staying at didn't think it was an accident..this has been going on for decades particular down south..

If that was the guy's sister, I don't think exposure to the lurid, fanciful speculations of bored expats would be a very healthy thing at this time. If it's not, then well, I have no words for the kind of person who would do that.

Not true

It brings shame on the police and the system in Koh Tao,

it keeps the name of murder island in the news and this way may be even save lives by protecting people from going there

It seems to me that other Mafia bosses in Thailand with interests in the bigger tourist areas must be getting pretty pissed off with this jumped up little island Koh Tao which if it carries on like this is going to hit their profits from tourism big time. If the Thai judiciary and the Thai government will not do anything about it then I suspect the Thai 'mob' will, and If I were Mon or one of the family, I would be watching my back very very closely. It would not surprise me if Mon and Nomsod just 'disappeared' one day.

self cleansing power of the system ....

This is my little brother luke that you're all talking about, an amazing brother, uncle, son and friend to so so many. Yes, he was a joker and yes he lived life to the full. . However, this wasn't an accident and believe me, I really wish it was. There are so many inconsistencies it's unbelievable. The police are trying to cover up so many things. First off, he wasn't even found in the complex where he was staying. There was no ccTV at the sunset bar it was conveniently not switched on or it was wiped. If he wasn't found until the next morning where the hell was everyone when this "accident" happened? How come no one heard or saw anything? Where the hell did his bruises come from? Especially the ones found on his arms. . We will get justice for you baby brother, I promise I will do whatever I can. Love you millions my darling baby brother. Xxxxx

First of all my deep condolences........and oh my God, here we go again, another murder in Koh Tao!?

Deep condolences Maria, now that we know the truth maybe the TV armchair detectives is allowed to do some investigation.

I am proud to be an armchair detective when the professional detectives fail miserably and obviously to do their job.

I wonder what vested interest TV members have to distract from the facts and to belittle those who the truth become clear and public.

Edited by sweatalot

465 posts so far. Absolutely unbelievable that the nutty Thaivisa bashing and hating conspiracy theorists are still at it with no information whatsoever to justify their pontificating even though a postmortem has confirmed that, with all due respect, the irresponsible, drunk, mushroom consuming clown drowned (for god's sake, his own grieving sister even referred to him as a little shit in one of her comments). There never is any evidence presented to TV members although judging by the way some posts are written some people seem to think that TV is here to be referred to when investigating authorities run out of ideas!

The indignation shown by so many arrogant, amateur sleuths could be understood if the incident had been reported with any fervour by any of the usual respected news services but it wasn't and the reports that were published made no reference to there being any suspicious circumstances whatsoever.

Time to give it a rest, you don't know anything and you never will because you're not investigators.

And where is the evidence from the RTP?

I mean credible and complete evidence. Not just claiming.

Credibility of postmortem? Remember the Hannah and David case?

If the poster claiming to be Maria is indeed genuine they need to verify it so as to taken seriously. The information she had given so far is at odds with the official explanation and for it to be credible it must be assertained that this really is Maria Miller. Often the british goverment tells family members to keep quiet in situations like this and let the authorities handle it. As we have seen time and time again Britain values its diplomatic relationships more than justice for individual citizens. If this is really Maria Miller my advise to you is to cause as much of a scene as you can. Officials will want this resolved as quickly and quietly as they can and if youre not happy with their answers , go public and create a s**t storm.

My genuine condolences on the loss of your brother.

1. Body found floating in water

2. Head injuries

3. Scratches to face

4. Happened during the night

5. Koh Tao

6. Surname - Miller

7. No witnesses

So nothing at all suspicious then!

8 the iron on the roof was bent down, It was bent down before the death I downloaed a pic from b4 this happened and was like that long time.

9 the pace was packed one hour b4 sunset, but the owners of the bar saw nothing and failed to see him still there b4 they locked up.
10 Police kept the release of any information quiet and still quiet.
Why would you climb up and jump into a pool when everyone has gone, who do you impress? yourself.
Maris Miller has posted from facebook onto the Sunset bars face book page, read it yesterday saying things don't add up and suspects he was murdered, it's pretty hard to do that if she isn,t Maria Miller.

I don't know if the place was packed 1 hour b4 sunset but looking at their hard core party animal club facebook page (check "The Sunset"), one can assume it was. On top of that they have security who regularly search the pool for lost belongings and the last search they did was conducted at 05.30 am.

THIS DOES NOT ADD UP, period!

Edited by Krenjai

if that were truly the case then why on gods green earth would we bring it to her attention?

furthermore what right does any fool here have to insert themselves into this family's personal tragedy.

given historical context, it is only natural that speculation occur.

given the lack of any real information and the majority of news stories focused on quotes from the guys facebook page rather than any real reportage, it is only natural that any conclusions drawn here remain to be just that, speculation.

mushrooms are totally different than being drunk.

believe me, you will think you can fly and want to prove it.

utter nonsense, you are more likely to end up face down in the sand tripping your ass off or running around giggling like a fool. dont talk about what you dont know.

Edited by HooHaa

youd have to be pretty gullible to believe that it was actually his sister, more likely 1 of the KT haters from this site judging my the language used.

Just because islandLover is vouching for the sister doesn't mean the poster is actually her. The deceased may well have a sister but as you say you also noted the language tone and may I add one more thing, the style in which it has been composed. Many on here are talking coincidences, maybe this is another.

Speculation speculation speculation, yes true but don't expect any news from the RTP, Scotland Yard nor the British Embassy. Besides that the RTP news after the B2 debacle cannot be trusted, period!

Fact remains we have another person dying in Koh Tao who apparently dived of a booth after 05.30am, hit bottom first with his head, in a packed hard core party beach-bar where security regularly searches the pool for lost belongings with no witnesses at all. On top of that he has some scratches in his face from barbed wire located on the top a DJ booth.

Sorry, but I continue to speculate on this sequence of events!

People who organise these events have a "duty of care"...

Given the event, and drink was freely available, I certainty feel the organisers should be held accountable...

• did they conduct a risk assessment?
  • if there was barbed wire to prevent revealers climbing up on top of the DJ hut, who checked it as being fit for purpose?
  • when was it last checked?
  • was the victim the only person "tombstoning into the pool"?
  • what actions were taken by the management to stop it?
  • was the DJ or other members of staff encouraging it?

Duty of care is a lovely concept and in any civilised country it's top of the agenda when organising events. However we're talking about Thailand. Where in Thailand have you ever been where duty of care and/or safety have been of paramount importance?

You only have to stroll through any city's streets to see unfenced gaping holes in the pavements leading directly to a sewer, non-existent(or at least unenforced) traffic safety regulations, rusty dilapidated fairground rides, masses of low-hanging electric cables along many streets, deadly beaches with vicious undertows with no warning flags(as in Rayong where countless kids get sucked under to their deaths)... I could go on and on...

No Thailand is not yet such a civilised country that recognisesand implements duty of care. On top of that we're talking about Kho Tao, an island that condones murders and protects it's well-heeled killers. What do they care about duty of care?

If the money's rolling in, then everything's tickety-boo on that crap-hole. Sad but true.

Thailand is a developing country income-wise, you can't expect the infrastructure to be up to Western standards, if it is one day, then the prices will be too. Countless kids die in Rayong really? Regarding safety overall, how many farangs have been electrocuted by electric cables, fallen down unforeseen potholes?

Thailand has millions of visitors a year, the number who die is minimal.

This doesn't apply just to farangs. Their own kids suffer too. Safety applies to everyone.

As for Rayong...yes really.

I was there when one young boy drowned and i met other parents who had lost their kids there. Try telling them it's ok the number who die is minimal.

I hazard a guess you're not a parent. Safety becomes paramount when you look after children.

Dangerous riptide, no warning flags, locals don't tell you until it's too late. Happens every year.

http://www.khonkaen.ws/mae-ramphueng-beach-mystery-deaths

3 step daughters in Thailand actually, I taught all 3 to swim, I remember reading one of the leading causes of death among children was drowning, over 7 per day on average nationwide, but i'm talking about 'grown' men , in this case 27 years old, getting blitzed and then people wonder why they die

If the poster claiming to be Maria is indeed genuine they need to verify it so as to taken seriously. The information she had given so far is at odds with the official explanation and for it to be credible it must be assertained that this really is Maria Miller. Often the british goverment tells family members to keep quiet in situations like this and let the authorities handle it. As we have seen time and time again Britain values its diplomatic relationships more than justice for individual citizens. If this is really Maria Miller my advise to you is to cause as much of a scene as you can. Officials will want this resolved as quickly and quietly as they can and if youre not happy with their answers , go public and create a s**t storm.

My genuine condolences on the loss of your brother.

Somebody else said they saw her posting on the sunset facebook page but I couldnt find it, they may have deleted I suppose. But the sister has posted her frustrations on another facebook page, can post the link but not sure if its allowed. The page is called Shucking Korn. I took a screen capture of her posts and deleted her swearing, she must be feeling terrible. God bless her and her family

post-252078-0-46436200-1452505051_thumb.

Until it's verified as being genuine, the poster called Maria Miller should be ignored as being a troll.

I am pleased that someone else has taken a similar view. I also found it unusual that this person, who purports to be the sister of the deceased, writes in such an inflammatory manner, thus giving rise to more and more hate posts, speculation and further criticism of the police and has elected to do so on an annoymous forum. I see this person was asked to put their details on their FB page but declined to do so as the family is grieving. The reason provided for not doing so I find paltry to say the least, as they took time to raise it on TVF, yet some have appeared to accept that reasoning. I can't, seeing that they have elected to use this type of carriage service for the specific purpose of what I believe is to inflame the situation as it would be a given for it to reach more readers than they'd get if it was on FB.

Firstly, what does this person hope to achieve through this forum, all I can see is that it is greating more hysteria, with people dreaming up all sorts of conclusions. murder, conspiracies, the involvement of the so called Island mafia, various assaults, being bashed and thrown into a pool, the list goes on, I won't expand because it is there for all to see. As for them declining to list the details on FB, I find unusual to say the least, as if they were to acknowledge their bona fides in this manner, then maybe one could find that the post is genuine but then again people are able to put up fake FB pages, aren't they? At this time, I am with you on the troll situation.

So this person gives out a email address, so what, proves absolutely nothing, does not substantiate for one minute that they are who they say they are. Anyone can have numerous email addresses but because they say this is who they it is being accepted by many. After having read numerous past posts, mainly from those people who want to denegrate Thailand, its people, the police, the laws, it strikes me as bearing a similar hate stirring message with multiple allegations of suspicion and wrong doings.

For many posters to go into overdrive and posting their infantile guesses, rumours and innuendos and giving out sympathic messages not knowing who they are dealing with just shows how gullible some can be. If I am criticised for being callous, then so be it but until this person can prove who they are and that they are the real deal, I cannot accept that in such a time of grief, that some one would come onto an anonymous forum, with what I believe is an attempt to inflame an already worsening situation. If I am proved to be wrong then I will be the first to appologise.

One other matter also caught my eye in this person's response to a poster, who initially advised that they should contact Jonathan Head. Now, I do not know if it was a Fraudian Slip but they referred to him as Richard Head. We all know what this means in the terms of general slang. May mean nothing but there is a huge difference between the two christian names.

I agree. It seems very odd (co-incidental) indeed that a grieving relative suddenly appears on TV, also full of accusations of wrongdoing and subterfuge.... Not really the first place someone would think to come for information in such a situation, or to raise awareness of any perceived miscarriage of justice - and to be fair that process has not even begun yet.

Also very odd that the posts made in the name of Maria Miller from the IoW were made between 3.00 and 3.30am in the morning GMT...... A time when people are more likely to be awake either in the US or, dare I say it, Thailand. I appreciate that in itself is not conclusive, but does add further cause for suspicion

I see another poster is now claiming that Maria Miller has been contacted and is genuine. Whilst I have no doubt that it would be possible to contact Maria through her FB page - as quite clearly that is a genuine profile, I still do not accept that any post's made here under that name originated from her. As has already been stated there was ample opportunity for her to verify herself in an open and transparent way by simply posting an innocuous message on her FB page - surely something that someone genuinely (misguidedly) seeking assistance here (for what it would be worth) would have been only to happy to do.

She has made a post from her facebook page to the Sunset facebook page, so is that been done by a sicko hacker or maybe it's for real, certainly suspicious BK post did not run a story as yet and security guards never saw Luke in the pool or on the premises at 5.30.

Considering he did not stay there and its a pool bar then he must have just slipped back in, in cloaking mode somewhere between 5.30 and 7.30 , Hallucinating of course that the party was still raging and climbed up onto the roof and dived head first int a 4 foot deep pool.

Where is the rest of the CCTV footage showing the scurity guards check and the subsequent 2 hours in which the invisable man dived.

Im afraid I go with the murder camp here.

She has made a post from her facebook page to the Sunset facebook page, so is that been done by a sicko hacker or maybe it's for real, certainly suspicious BK post did not run a story as yet and security guards never saw Luke in the pool or on the premises at 5.30. Considering he did not stay there and its a pool bar then he must have just slipped back in, in cloaking mode somewhere between 5.30 and 7.30 , Hallucinating of course that the party was still raging and climbed up onto the roof and dived head first int a 4 foot deep pool.

Where is the rest of the CCTV footage showing the scurity guards check and the subsequent 2 hours in which the invisable man dived. Im afraid I go with the murder camp here.

Yes, where is the rest of the CCTV footage? Did they close the CCTV down after 05.30? Not very likely yes? So where is that CCTV footage of that place AFTER 05.30 considering the fact that 05.30 (according to the RTP) was the time when the last search of that pool was done. If there was a body floating in that pool at 05.30 it is impossible to overlook, the pool is too small and there is enough floodlight thus your theory is correct, he slipped back in, hallucinating the party was still ongoing climbed onto the roof of the DJ boot and dived head first into that pool. Pretty amazing stuff....!

I bet the CCTV footage 05.30 -07.30 will not be found/shown, it has been erased, the tapes cannot be found or whatever .....same same as the CCTV of the AC bar claiming Hannah & David left together. These places are dangerous, so if you still go there, well you could have known.

We have to send Peter Falk!

A pretty damning criticism of the RTP (and indeed Thailand) has just been posted by Laura Witheridge on her facebook page. It refers to this incident.

Reading that post from Hannah's sister plus the fact she links to the "Anonymous Video" (which you should look at) I believe it is very likely the Witheridge family also believes the B2 are scapegoats. I wonder when they will go public with this view!

Edited by Krenjai

A pretty damning criticism of the RTP (and indeed Thailand) has just been posted by Laura Witheridge on her facebook page. It refers to this incident.

Reading that post from Hannah's sister plus the fact she links to the "Anonymous Video" (which you should look at) I believe it is very likely the Witheridge family also believes the B2 are scapegoats. I wonder when they will go public with this view!

mmmmmm

so why do DM's family disagree?