3 years forbidden stamp in passport, can I still return now?

Had 11 year overstay and cleared it with red stamp in passport with 20000 marked and some other numbers but it had no effect whatsoever as I returned 4 days later on a visa exempt. That you got it sorted out before this coming March should mean that you are okay. However after March 20th a whole different ball game!!

Wow!

That's got to be some kind of record rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

RAZZ

Must say, your post gives me hope that I will be able to return soon. Thanks!

• Like 1

Don't get the op. The experts are correct. Apply for a visa. Go to the consulate. If they say your declined then you have your answer. Simple. Visa is not expensive.

An embassy or consulate would just issue the visa. They do not check to see if a person is banned from entry. There have been people denied entry after getting a visa thinking the were OK since they were able to get a visa.

• Like 2

Stand corrected. Nonetheless demonstrates how stuffed up the whole system is. In sense consulate has little link to the main frame in los , can issue a visa that does not allow entry into country it was issued for. Priceless.

Wish someone could invent the internet.

Don't get the op. The experts are correct. Apply for a visa. Go to the consulate. If they say your declined then you have your answer. Simple. Visa is not expensive.

An embassy or consulate would just issue the visa. They do not check to see if a person is banned from entry. There have been people denied entry after getting a visa thinking the were OK since they were able to get a visa.

Am I missing something? Did not you in an earlier post suggest the op obtain a visa. Think non imm based on marriage. I advised him to do basically that and now get informed that even if he obtains visa could possibly be refused entry.??

Am I missing something? Did not you in an earlier post suggest the op obtain a visa. Think non imm based on marriage. I advised him to do basically that and now get informed that even if he obtains visa could possibly be refused entry.??

I suggested he get a visa rather than doing a visa exempt entry because I don't think he has been banned from entry. You will not find a post done by me suggesting to try and get a visa to determine if you are banned from entry.

Obtaining a Visa does not guarantee right of entry to any Country - the final decision rests with the Immigration Officer at the point of entry.

Patrick

• Like 2

If all else fails, for around 2000B you can contact this company and they will be able to find out if you are blacklisted.

www.thaivisaservice.com

But I would put my money on that have not been banned.

How do they do this?

They get the details from that person and when they stay at border they ask the IO to check the said details.

• Like 1

Thai Immigration always calculate the exact number of days of actual overstay.

The record I have seen was 4196days. They never write the years or month.

That number seems very familiar to me for some reason!! You have a good memory...

The number 3 on your stamp looks a bit ominous. Once you post a copy of it on Sunday we can tell you more about it. We've got people who can decipher it.

Thanks, thats great to know. I will try to post a scan tomorrow because I am very anxious to know what it says. I wonder if it would be RED if it recorded a ban?

For the sake of your Thai family I hope you have learned something for the future.

• Like 1

why all this guessing?

Go to the Thai embassy, apply for a visa and you will know.

Good also, apply for a new passport.

I assume you did not read my post.

A new passport would not help. Immigration has a database that will show the use of another passport and it will display the records for that passport.

why all this guessing?

Getting a new passport would not help anyone that was banned as the immigration computer system would have a record by name, date of birth, nationality.

An embassy would only know if the person was banned if they had an actual banned stamp in the passport. If someone showed up with a new passport the visa would get issued but the person would then get denied entry at the border.

The number 3 on your stamp looks a bit ominous. Once you post a copy of it on Sunday we can tell you more about it. We've got people who can decipher it.

Thanks, thats great to know. I will try to post a scan tomorrow because I am very anxious to know what it says. I wonder if it would be RED if it recorded a ban?

For the sake of your Thai family I hope you have learned something for the future.

Certainly. I really have.

• Like 1

why all this guessing?

Outright incorrect information like this should just be deleted, esp. when it follows a similar instance of the same thing. The above is wrong on both counts.

• Like 2

Had 11 year overstay and cleared it with red stamp in passport with 20000 marked and some other numbers but it had no effect whatsoever as I returned 4 days later on a visa exempt. That you got it sorted out before this coming March should mean that you are okay. However after March 20th a whole different ball game!!

What was your reason for this overstay?

You seem to trivialise it.

I hope you will not repeat this action cos for sure this overstay must be why the authorities have to have clamp downs.

OP did you see my post on page 2 with some overstay stamps I found that has some info that might help you.

Yes I did and thanks for input. I think those stamps are different from mine. You will see mine tomorrow and I remember it as different. I get hold of my passport tomorrow and post a pic.

Out of curiosity was it possibly a 3 month or 3 year overstay?

It was neither. it was over a year but less than 2. 1 year 7 months. Will post an image of the stamp tomorrow, all being well, and look forward to finding out what it means. I really hope its not a 3 year ban!

you could have come back the next day.

Give the guy some time ... in certain parts of the world, like my corner of the sandpit, the weekend is Friday/Saturday ... its almost 7am here just now. I would guess it'll be another 8 -10 hours before he posts, after he gets home from work tonight ...

Sent by carrier pigeon

Whilst I might be in the definite minority here, I agree with the few posters who have called out the OP for the overstay in the first place. Protests in the streets of EU countries regarding immigration, yet so many seem to think it is fine to abuse the Thai system and do as they please.

Personally, I do not agree......

You're Welcome!! smile.png

If you have registered your marriage and you have 400,000 Baht as required, you just need to get a Non-Immigrant "O" visa and extend it for a year within 3 months and after 45 days of arriving in the country. Then you'll just have to worry about forgetting to report every 90 days. I hope that you can meet the 400,000 Baht requirement.