3 years forbidden stamp in passport, can I still return now?

Give the guy some time ... in certain parts of the world, like my corner of the sandpit, the weekend is Friday/Saturday ... its almost 7am here just now. I would guess it'll be another 8 -10 hours before he posts, after he gets home from work tonight ...

Sent by carrier pigeon

Thanks for that. You are right about the weekend. There is also time difference. I was unable to get to work today due to illness/anxiety. I must go in tomorrow, get my passport and will use my laptop camera to take a photo of the stamp and post it. THERE WILL BE AN IMAGE OF THE STAMP ON THIS SIGHT BY 9PM THAI TIME, MONDAY 18TH. I ASK FOR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING UNTIL TOMORROW EVENING, PLEASE.

• Like 2

let me try again, but welcome to delete!

More than 50 posts of guessing and assuming.

Once again my advice: Go to the embassy or consulate, show them the stamp and ask about a visa!

Of course I know, a new passport might not help you at immigration but it could draw attention when enter other countries.

And those who write, that it is not correct should come up with the correct information, not simply say it's not correct.

Once again my advice: Go to the embassy or consulate, show them the stamp and ask about a visa!

Of course I know, a new passport might not help you at immigration but it could draw attention when enter other countries.

And those who write, that it is not correct should come up with the correct information, not simply say it's not correct.

I'm on your page , however as the experts have stated ...

The consulates do not have any information about being banned. Seems crazy to me and more so with new regs coming . Surely there needs to be complete links between all consulates and embassies. Is this how other countries opperate

Thanks for that. You are right about the weekend. There is also time difference. I was unable to get to work today due to illness/anxiety. I must go in tomorrow, get my passport and will use my laptop camera to take a photo of the stamp and post it. THERE WILL BE AN IMAGE OF THE STAMP ON THIS SIGHT BY 9PM THAI TIME, MONDAY 18TH. I ASK FOR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING UNTIL TOMORROW EVENING, PLEASE.

Peter, I totally understand your anxiety over this issue, especially considering there seems to be a Missus involved? But please try to calm down a bit, and always remember that a certain percentage of the users of any of these forums are aging keyboard warriors who come here mostly to vent. Those truly interested in helping you will be more than happy to wait for your posting of the almighty mystery stamp.

Seriously, I am worried about the toll this stress MUST be taking on your health......

You're Welcome!! smile.png

Thanks! This is good to read. I think I will just stop posting now until after I post an image tomorrow evening.

• Like 1

Please STOP posting your drivel about getting his local embassy or consulate to give him a ruling on this!! They are creatures of the Foreign Ministry. The Immigration authorities are a branch of the police. A visa is NO guarantee of entry OR EVEN of NOT being blacklisted. And a new passport has even less to do with the question.

So quit the nonsense and give the OP a chance to post the image of the stamp in his passport. Then those who can interpret what it actually says can enlighten us all. UJ will probably know immediately and without any guessing.

Please STOP posting your drivel about getting his local embassy or consulate to give him a ruling on this!! They are creatures of the Foreign Ministry. The Immigration authorities are a branch of the police. A visa is NO guarantee of entry OR EVEN of NOT being blacklisted. And a new passport has even less to do with the question.

So quit the nonsense and give the OP a chance to post the image of the stamp in his passport. Then those who can interpret what it actually says can enlighten us all. UJ will probably know immediately and without any guessing.

Yes your correct. Think of bigger picture. Anyone who finds himself in similar circumstance has to post to the definitive THAIVISA. for an answer. The problem is he should be able to obtain that info via consulate. Presently he is not in los. Ok maybe he could nip over to embassy here. Whoops he does not have a visa.

Do tell.

paid 20,000 baht at airport and at the same time received stamp in 2015.

All you got was the normal overstay stamp. That would not prevent you from entering the country. What makes you think it would keep you from entering the country.

It would be best if got a visa before entering the country. If you are legally married you could easily get a single entry non-o visa.

Coming in on a one way could cause problems if you don't have a visa. The airline could refuse boarding your flight without a onward ticket within 30 days.

The OP had his answer very early. Ubon correct as usual.

The rest at least on my part has been critical of fact the op cannot confirm this in his own country or wherever he currently is at a consulate

Give the guy some time ... in certain parts of the world, like my corner of the sandpit, the weekend is Friday/Saturday ... its almost 7am here just now. I would guess it'll be another 8 -10 hours before he posts, after he gets home from work tonight ...

Sent by carrier pigeon

Mr Peter, no need to shout on this form. You are the one that is saying you post the. Stamp on Sunday.

The reason people on this form are reacting the way they do, is because they want to HELP you!!!

So please help your self!

Have a good night!

Tried avoided it... But feel the need to chime in.

My current passport has 2 overstay stamps..

** One overstay stamp (4 days) with what looks like a #2 written on my departure stamp...

** My super long stay overstay stamp is the same color (purplelish - blue) as most of my other stamps. But my departure stamp has either a 45 or a 4-5 written on it..

After I paid my fine and on my way - the original person that took my passport/asked questions/photo called me over and looked at my passport again.

So I asked her - "was I banned/blacklisted" or could I return anytime? Replied "she doesn't know" and don't overstay again...

I can only assume I'm good to return??

Tried avoided it... But feel the need to chime in.

My current passport has 2 overstay stamps..

** One overstay stamp (4 days) with what looks like a #2 written on my departure stamp...

** My super long stay overstay stamp is the same color (purplelish - blue) as most of my other stamps. But my departure stamp has either a 45 or a 4-5 written on it..

After I paid my fine and on my way - the original person that took my passport/asked questions/photo called me over and looked at my passport again.

So I asked her - "was I banned/blacklisted" or could I return anytime? Replied "she doesn't know" and don't overstay again...

I can only assume I'm good to return??

Paying an overstay on departure from the country would not of resulted in a ban from you entering the country. After the 20th of March it will if it is more than 90 days.

Sent by carrier pigeon

For the future, you should also note that you are supposed to have your passport on you at all times. Having a copy in lieu is OK if you can quickly access the passport in case of need. If ever asked for your id and not being able to produce it promptly could land you in hot water.

^^

The OP is not in Thailand ...

But good advice nonetheless. I have a photo of the main passport page, the entry (admitted until) stamp, and the TM6 in my phone. I've not been asked to show them yet, but I'm sure my turn will come one day ... I'm normally here on via exempt status.

Sent by carrier pigeon

Today is the big day. Again.

By 9pm Thai time: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/886570-3-years-forbidden-stamp-in-passport,-can-I-still-return-now?#entry10320093. Six hours to go. Set an alarm and prime your keyboard.
I will be here 9pm sharp with my big bag of popcorn. I really hope it's a good show. Edited by ldiablo
  • Like 1

Today is the big day. Again.

By 9pm Thai time: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/886570-3-years-forbidden-stamp-in-passport,-can-I-still-return-now?#entry10320093. Six hours to go. Set an alarm and prime your keyboard.
I will be here 9pm sharp with my big bag of popcorn. I really hope it's a good show.

Sorry to all who are helping me with this. I cannot post an image of the stamp until Tuesday 10pm. This is because my passport is being processed at work and tomorrow is when I can get it.

• Like 1

first thing you should do is to take a picture of it. If you don't want to post it then send it to your wife and ask her to read it for you. Not assuming it's a 3years ban. That's the first thing I did when I paid the fine. And my wife said it was the department of the immigration nothing to do with ban. But my advice don't come in on visa exempt. There are chances that you will be send back. Go to Laos or Penang to get a visa first.

DCI Boycie here, i would like to ask our OP which airport and flight he departed LOS, after his overstay?

I've got a hunch the our conspicuous number 3 is related to flight number.

No problem Mr Hearth you can remain silent, all will be revealed in due time. thumbsup.gif

My overstay by 1 day resulted in some scribble put in my passport

but the person that admitted me to the kingdom got his 90 days wrong as well

Gave me 06/oct/2012 till 03/jun/2013

I left on 04/jan/2013

cost 500 that am sure was put in a back pocket along with all the others collected while I waited

Edited by noosard

very similar to mine although where you have the number 3 I have the number 1. Did not have any significance as i returned 4 days later. However UJ will no doubt be along shortly and he will give you a more authoratative answer. But in the meantime I think you can relax.

• Like 1

This is the stamp causing grief. Hope it is readable to those who can help with explaing what it means.attachicon.gifstamp.jpgattachicon.gifstamp.jpg

It looks a lot like one of the examples I posted before. Just a normal over stay stamp.

The 3 at the bottom appears to say immigration division 3 subdivision 1. It is to blurry for my translator (wife) to read.

So nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

This is the stamp causing grief. Hope it is readable to those who can help with explaing what it means.attachicon.gifstamp.jpgattachicon.gifstamp.jpg

It looks a lot like one of the examples I posted before. Just a normal over stay stamp.

The 3 at the bottom appears to say immigration division 3 subdivision 1. It is to blurry for my translator (wife) to read.

So nothing to worry about.

Love you man!

Immigration Division 3

The Govenment Complex

Chaengwattana

Bangkok

My guess is the subdivision would be the airport.

Enjoy your time back in Thailand.

Apologies for doubting you.

Thanks very much. This is a huge weight off my mind. I am sorry to have been so late in posting the image and for misremembering some of the details. There are some great people posting on this site and it is great to have as a source of info, especially when you are in real need of expert advice.

• Like 1