Three shot to death by angry man in parking area dispute in Bangkok

webfact

When you study animal behaviour and observe the effect of crowding on a population - you might see similarities. RIP to those who lost their lives. We must do something to reduce human population. NO, I am not suggesting that we exterminate each other.

No need to reduce population just need to improve living standards.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this peace loving, Buddhist country, 10 million known guns!

Really, it is not about guns. He could have killed them with the Van. True, Thai's are peaceful 99 % of the time. But that other 1 % if they get angry; they go crazy to the point of murder. You see it all the time. When they get into a fight; if they get the other person on the ground; they keep hitting, kicking , punching the person in the head; to the point of no movement. Even school kids. Sad.

Seriously!?

Guns don't kill people!!!!!!!!

It is People with guns that kill people..........

Think about that....wai2.gif

life in the land of smiles?

Really... Sounds like life in Australia, USA........

Congratulations, you've just won this weeks' award for complete ignorance. It's a crime in Australia to have an unregistered firearm or to carry a concealed weapon.

The Yanks won't like you casting aspersions on the land of the free and the brave either......

Edited by bazza40

...1)....the victims are apparently of 'other' origin....or religion (?)

...2)...it is very disrespectful to ....continuously....park one's vehicle in front of the home or business of someone else...

...3)...this must have been 'festering'.....

...4)....the attitude suggest gross arrogance or worse.....and possibly 'premeditation'......

...5)....it seems 'very thought out'.....

...6)....'being drunk'....would be a pathetic excuse....

In this peace loving, Buddhist country, 10 million known guns!

Really, it is not about guns. He could have killed them with the Van. True, Thai's are peaceful 99 % of the time. But that other 1 % if they get angry; they go crazy to the point of murder. You see it all the time. When they get into a fight; if they get the other person on the ground; they keep hitting, kicking , punching the person in the head; to the point of no movement. Even school kids. Sad.

Seriously!?

Guns don't kill people!!!!!!!!

It is People with guns that kill people..........

Think about that....wai2.gif

If people don't have guns, they can't kill people with them.facepalm.gif

thailand gets more like the USA every day

sad, tragic and unnecessary

Wow, took 47 posts to finally get to USA bashing. Must be some kind of record. I am from USA, and risk of getting shot for no reason much higher here.

I totally agree. THis is a much more dangerous place than the US. At leas in the U.S. a lot of crime like this is in the shitty parts of town and you can avoid those areas. Unfortunately in Thailand, all parts of town are shitty. Even mixed in the nice places in the sois of high-end Thong Lor, you have people living in huts with corrugated roofs. I've been here for 12 years and I've never seen a "nice area" without blight anywhere in this country. I live in a high-end mooban, but as soon as I step outside to the sois on the left and right we have trash.

You sir, have a way with words... I like it :)

When I read this I thought I was reading a US headline ? As I try to cross a busy street in Bangkok at times I am taken back to living in US and feel all of the Thai niceness and kindness has been deflated by too many cars and not enough time as the east races for the Illusionary good life .

This is of course what we ( foreigners ) have come to expect from our peaceful, loving caring hosts. Selfish arrogant and downright anger at the slightest thing and we are tld this is way the PM and his Govt wants it. Thais never kill for no reason. Well here is one of many incidents that defy logic. Unless of course you are a Thai then it is what they expect.

My question is "what was this Mr. Average doing being in possession of a gun" ?

Thinking he lives in a violent society where he may have to defend himself from psychos with guns.

Seems to me the fearful ones who have guns to protect themselves are the ones we all need to be protected from.

All over a parking space!!

Have you ever tried to find a parking space in Bangkok?

The shooter seems to have a specific skillset. Three shots, three dead people, not as easy as it sounds.

Ex-police, ex-military?

Condolences to the families of those deceased.

My thoughts exactly. There is no background check for this guy. Was the gun legal? If not, where did he get it from? What's this guy carrying a gun around for? How many other people has the murderer shot in the past?

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed, it was off topic as well:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

An offensive post removed as well.

I understand the frustration but do not condone the actions.

What this country needs are proper rules like proper parking signs just because its "Your shop" you don't own all the parking in front of it.

I suppose there is a difference between 'the law' and common/customary in Thailand. Parking in front of a business is customarily/commonly used for the business, at least during opening hours.

Ever notice that the stairs on MRT are hardly used so a parking space in front of ones home even if there are plenty a few steps away You think a lazy arsed Thai or any other lazy arsed person would walk the extra few feet? Much easier to kill for that space that you won't park in cause you just killed several people for it, MAKES A WHOLE LOT OF SENSE. Blame Thai Schools.

Another crazy mini van driver, arguing with his complaining passengers all day and finally get refused his parking space outside his house.

No wonder he went on a killing spree.

Stay away from mini van drivers, they are a bunch of lunatics.