Where to get a cheap laptop?

2road

Hi

My Toshiba laptop doesn't power up.

It powers up one day then the next day it doesn't.

To fix it they say it will cost 3k baht.

Since this laptop is already 4 yrs old,

I figured that maybe its worthed to get another machine

Does anyone here is selling a second hand laptop in good conditions? Or knows where I can get a cheap one?

Thank you

I've got a 7, or 8 year old DELL 1440 Inspiron with Windows 10 on it and it works brilliant.

What you describe seems to be some dust only. Clean the memory card(s) with a rubber and try your luck again.

Why would you buy a cheap laptop if yours only has a little problem? Just saying.

Here's a link how to do it.

Me too I have long regretted old Toshiba Satellite.

To the OP I suggest you use Lazada which has a wide offering in this segment at the best price.

Quietly you can see the features and choose according to your needs.

I recently bought this model quad core for my wife me (hihi!)

And she is very satisfied

4 years is old ??

then mine are or should be well past it.... Sony AMD bought New in July 2002, and the other is a Acer now just over 8 years old..

the screen went some years ago on the Sony, but use it as a set top box for bedroom TV....... The Acer is still perfect [battery long gone, but use the power cord] use this laptop most days as it is a work horse, still with XP installed but that is fine as some of the work programs will not run with newer O.S.

They were not cheap.... Sony was £1,590 in the UK when I bought it in 2002, the Acer was from here Zeer Ransit and was 32.000 baht, 8 years ago last November, the Ram was upgraded when bought..

Bit different than my PC, appears must make a rebuild every 2 - 3 years.. now almost 2 years since a rebuild to the AMD FX8350, and only 3 months since the R7 Graphics card [did not replace graphics card in last rebuild thought it would last longer as was a more expensive GeForce 9 series GTX ]

I can't see the point in buying second hand, which is likely to be trouble.Why replace one old machine with another old machine. New laptops can be bought for 15,000 or less which are more than adequate for most people's needs. I wouldn't normally buy from Tukcom but shops like JJB or Wattana are reliable. I've bought 2 from Wattana and both have been fine for years. They are also set up with software so ready to go.

Edited by Henryford

Thank you.

I have tried everything. Even brought it to a repair guy: then I bring the laptop back in my room and it does not power up!

Guy gave me money back. I now brought It to another guy. I hope he can fix it.

Too many unqualified changs here. Have you tried to boot it without battery?

I can't see the point in buying second hand, which is likely to be trouble.Why replace one old machine with another old machine. New laptops can be bought for 15,000 or less which are more than adequate for most people's needs. I wouldn't normally buy from Tukcom but shops like JJB or Wattana are reliable. I've bought 2 from Wattana and both have been fine for years. They are also set up with software so ready to go.

Which is Wattana?

Which is Wattana?

They have a shop on the 2nd floor (3rd if American) in Tukcom next to the down escalator. Also one about half way up Pattaya Klang nearly opposite Power Buy.

Which is Wattana?

They have a shop on the 2nd floor (3rd if American) in Tukcom next to the down escalator. Also one about half way up Pattaya Klang nearly opposite Power Buy.

Cheers.