Emergency road works begin at Phuket underpass site

rooster59

Emergency road works begin at Phuket underpass site

Tanyaluk Sakoot

post-247607-0-68358900-1454106536_thumb.

Phuket Traffic Police redirect motorists, tour buses and cyclists through the bus Sam Kong Intersection. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: The Phuket office of the Highways Department has closed the section of the bypass road that collapsed beside the Sam Kong Underpass during heavy rain last night so that emergency road repairs can begin.

The 50-metre section of the southbound side of the bypass road, starting from the Sam Kong Intersection, was reduced to one lane this afternoon.

Southbound traffic is now forced to either turn left toward Phuket Town or right toward Kathu.

Traffic lights will be installed as soon as possible, Phuket Highways Office Director Samak Luedwonghad told The Phuket News.
In the meantime, Phuket City Traffic Police are directing traffic at the busy intersection, he added.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/emergency-road-works-begin-at-phuket-underpass-site-55996.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-30

What a joke. coffee1.gif

And just how has this face been allowed to continue for such a long time?

Why haven't numerous government agencies spoken up / taken action at least 18 months ago?

Still a long way to go to getmany aspects of government to behave professionally, transparently and with appropriate speed.

Wind it up please.

Edited by scorecard

I took the kids to the cinema at Central Festival this morning. Or that was the plan. I left early because I knew the traffic would be bad at this construction site. It was beyond a joke and we missed the film completely....

Still, the Sizzlers that we had instead made up for our disappointment :)

I took the kids to the cinema at Central Festival this morning. Or that was the plan. I left early because I knew the traffic would be bad at this construction site. It was beyond a joke and we missed the film completely....

Still, the Sizzlers that we had instead made up for our disappointment smile.png

If you don't cut in front of people by using the lane turning the other way, you'll never get anywhere in Phuket. That's just how it is. People going in the correct lane, drive super slow when the light is green so everyone with half a brain cuts by the other side.

Like today, bkk road, going to weekend market. Im being nice, waiting in hte middle lane. With the ammount of traffic it should take 2 lights maximum from where i was, 3 lights later i moved 3 cars.. then people stopped cutting or blocking the way at the intersection. Things are finally moving, the guy in front of me(who has just waited 10mins without moving) leaves 20 meters after the car in front so about 10 people behind me missed the light, that could of passed. During that time 7 people cut in front of him(10 meters ahead of him, not blocking his speed). Always happens, at most intersection. When there's construction its even worse. If you value your time, just be an azz and do it.

Edited by bearpolar