Deadline given to Pattaya Police to clear massive backlog of cases

rooster59

Deadline given to Pattaya Police to clear massive backlog of cases

meeting-3.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: A meeting was held at Pattaya Police Station on Friday by a Deputy Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police, who has been given orders to assist in clearing a massive backlog of criminal cases which have either yet to be investigated or have not been sent to Court.

Police Colonel Sakrapee, led the meeting of 37 Pattaya Police Officers who were told that orders have been given to him by the Region 2 Police Commissioner to assist in clearing a massive backlog of cases. He will also ensure that criminal complaints will be followed up in the correct manor from now on.

A deadline of 28th February has been imposed to ensure a backlog of 600 cases, which have yet to even be investigated, will be given the correct attention by Police Officers and a total of 135 cases which are waiting for case papers to be sent to the Court will be processed.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221157/deadline-given-to-pattaya-police-to-clear-massive-backlog-of-cases/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-30

Unfortunate circumstances has of late, brought me to be a regular visitor of the Thonglor police

station and become friendly with some of the file and rank personal there owing to a compliant

I have lodged several months ago,

to cut a long story short, once you file a compliant, it could take months, if at all, that your case will

be attended to, unless you call them, go to visit bearing gifts, and get friendly with them, by them

I mean the ranking offices there, otherwise, forget it, they're clearly overwhelmed and understaffed

there with many people coming to lodge complaints or grievances every day, so one can see why

in Pattaya with so many people and so many vices going on, that backlog has been mounting......

A huge backlog of cases ? You don't say ...

Last time I went to Pattaya Police Station, I saw officers running around like busy bees, being incredibly efficient, smiling to everyone, answering several questions at a time, being nice to people who had committed minor offences, handling serious cases with the utmost seriousness ...

... and then I woke up.

Unfortunate circumstances has of late, brought me to be a regular visitor of the Thonglor police

station and become friendly with some of the file and rank personal there owing to a compliant

I have lodged several months ago,

to cut a long story short, once you file a compliant, it could take months, if at all, that your case will

be attended to, unless you call them, go to visit bearing gifts, and get friendly with them, by them

I mean the ranking offices there, otherwise, forget it, they're clearly overwhelmed and understaffed

there with many people coming to lodge complaints or grievances every day, so one can see why

in Pattaya with so many people and so many vices going on, that backlog has been mounting......

"It was not made clear at the meeting at the level of punishment which will be imposed should the deadline not be met but we understand that officer reassignment is one option which may be used."

And moving the "non-performers" to inactive posts, will surely help with the backlog. coffee1.gif

Police Colonel Sarape says: I am really sorry guys, but you need to do some police work. I know it comes as a surprise. But, we are getting some pressure, as virtually everyone is seeing right through our charade, and we at least need to appear to be doing actual police work. OK? Are you guys OK with that? Can you do it? Will you do it? Please, please, please. I know I have never asked this of your before, but lets make an exception, and try to solve just a few cases, OK? Please.

Pattaya may be an extreme, but a similar scenario plays out across the country,

Should all cases be dealt with thoroughly and efficiently as proposed, then the court processes will need to be overhauled and streamlined.

Do that and then more jails and remand centres etc will be needed,

The solution, of course, is better policing and stronger deterrents to lessen the number of crimes that require investigating. So round we go again.

The police man nearest the camera don't looks too happy about that, LOL.

It good somebody kick their asses to get thing moving.

And the officer behind him holding the pen is thinking "here we go again, never mind, who cares anyway, it'll all be forgotten in a couple of days".

On a per capita basis, here are the numbers of police (per 100,000 capita) in a few countries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_number_of_police_officers

Australia 217

Norway 222

England 227

New Zealand 247

Germany 296

Austria 326

Netherlands 328

Thailand 344

USA 348

Singapore 752

You would think that with 344 coppers per 100,000 people (about the same as the USA), the BIB could at least solve a few crimes.

I mean Jesus, that's 230,000 of the buggers. It just goes to show how thoroughly inept and corrupt they are.

All the Burmese and Cambodians in Chonburi province must be quaking in their flip-flops.

Maybe they need another cash injection to clean up these lagging cases. Worked miracles during the Bangkok bombing. They could always do the reverse if the cases are not cleared a cut in the size of the brown envelopes would be more of a wake up incentive. Looking at some of these guy sitting at the table they could surely use one.

Rofl.

Ban social media as Line, Whatsapp, Skype, Kik, Messenger, Fb etc and we will perhaps see some progress. Oh wait. Ill take that back. If they do, the cops will be back on streets for some teamoney. And since i already paid my share of bribes and fines last year i think its better to. I lost myself there. I actually dont have an solution. Its like going from ashes into fire.

Any grammatical errors are a gift from me to you.

And i see Tallguy had same thoughts as me:)

Edited by sead

On a per capita basis, here are the numbers of police (per 100,000 capita) in a few countries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_number_of_police_officers

Australia 217

Norway 222

England 227

New Zealand 247

Germany 296

Austria 326

Netherlands 328

Thailand 344

USA 348

Singapore 752

You would think that with 344 coppers per 100,000 people (about the same as the USA), the BIB could at least solve a few crimes.

I mean Jesus, that's 230,000 of the buggers. It just goes to show how thoroughly inept and corrupt they are.

Are Generals and other ranking officers included?. Reminds me of my trip to the local hospital. There was a high ranking cop sitting there waiting for service and he had 2 aides fluttering around him. I imagine the higher the rank the more flutterers you get assigned to you. As there is a preponderance of ranking officers here who have aide de ??s one wonders who is left to do the actual work. I so seldom see a cop here its like spotting a vanishing species. Oh sorry I saw one in the gold shop two days ago. Collections? Spotting a cop these days is like bird watching no not the girls.

Edited by elgordo38