Thailand Post - problems sending to U.K.?

dlm5star

Mommysboy - don't defend the UK PO. My grandson went to collect his monthly parcel since he was out when the post man called. They won't give it to him until he produces ID. <deleted>, he is 6 years old and the address label even has his picture on it. I am not happy.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything I posted to USA on 19th and 20th has Disappeared now, stuff sent after and before delivered. Checked about a Dozen Tracking numbers all just Dept Suvarnabhumi.....then nothing

Absolutely Pathetic <deleted> are they up too 1zgarz5.gif

Got a DHL account opened now, had enough of this incompetence

Everything I posted to USA on 19th and 20th has Disappeared now, stuff sent after and before delivered. Checked about a Dozen Tracking numbers all just Dept Suvarnabhumi.....then nothing

Absolutely Pathetic <deleted> are they up too 1zgarz5.gif

Got a DHL account opened now, had enough of this incompetence

Yeah, same here with USA around that time...although the east coast has had some massive weather issues.

Packages to the U.K. from the last 2 weeks of January arrived on 8th February...except a couple of days seem to be missing (21st and 26th). Missed off the plane? Probably.

Packages now seem to be leaving Thailand to the U.K. every second weekend. So stuff sent over the last 2 weeks is leaving now. That means it will get there on roughly Monday 22 Feb...if they've bothered to put it on the plane that is.

Also means the first weeks worth of stuff will take over 3 weeks.

I'd never defend Royal Mail and all their faults, but Thailand Post makes them look like members of MENSA in comparison.

Also, this is a classic....got a message from a guy in France saying he hadn't received the item. Checked the tracking number...guess what, it ended up in the U.K. 22 days after sending!!!

Receipt says FR so i know i put the correct address was on it.

When questioned at the postoffice with the manager why a package to France ended up in the U.K., his one word response was............"Impossible".

Plus they are still maintaining that packages leave the airport every couple of days and it's the U.K. going slow.

br12stol, how is the pricing for DHL? expensive?

Cheers

Edited by dlm5star

Hello,

Could you please forward me the DHL rates to send small parcels ?

I sent you a PM.

And do you think that we will have problems with customs ? Sending with Thaipost means that 99% of parcels are not checked when arrived in USA and Eu, but DHL being customs grass (the reason why they can clear parcels faster is that they collect tax for customs), what will happen to our customers ?

Thank you so much.

Hi

Yes I thought about the Snow storms, but the Stuff I sent on Monday and Friday all was delivered in Normal time, just the Wednesday stuff gone Missing

Dim5star if you PM me your email I can Forward DHL rates to you

Thank you so much again, I have created a post to get people feedback. Someone in Thailand must be using dhl ecommerce global mail ?

Maybe someone can post there how was the registration process easy and if DHL pickup parcels at home/office everyday for free ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/894931-dhl-ecommerce-global-mail-shipping-packet-and-parcels-what-do-you-send-any-customs-check/

FWIW my mother complains that none of the airmail-letters I've sent her recently (three or four since Christmas) have arrived yet, so perhaps it's not just packages being affected.

I did wonder whether the strong jetstream-winds West-to-East in early-January might have resulted in some lower-priority mail being offloaded in-favour-of extra fuel , remembering the story about Malaysian refusing to take any hold-luggage on a few flights ?

It's over 20 years ago, but I recall someone at British Rail unlocking a guards-van one February, and finding it to be full of sacks of Christmas-mail, I wonder if those affected ever got a refund from Santa's little helpers ? whistling.gif

But for me this thread does highlight just how reliable the Thailand-to-UK postal-service normally is !

You guys considered consolidation? Seems to me that if there are a number of you, all sending items to the UK regularly, send them all together in one box, then get then re-posted individually on arrival in the UK.

Feaseable ?

For those selling online I think it would be a good idea. Use a fulfillment centre in the UK, it's a pound or so extra I'd think, but you can raise your price on eBay since it's a UK seller listing as far as anyone knows. Send a huge box full of stock and let them deal with it. People will always pay more for the quicker/non-abroad delivery, I know I always did on eBay. I'm not too sure if it makes sense since I don't dabble online much, but if you're doing that then you'll also be legal (assuming you're not at the mo)? Since all you're doing is just sending stuff to the UK from your side, it sells in the UK, pays to your UK bank, gets delivered by a UK company and so on? You're not doing anything work related from Thailand, just incase.

I don't think many sellers know about fullfillment centres, which is a shame. Take a look at these guys on the link I post. Is their product better than anything I could buy (and sell) at a fraction of the price in LoS, I doubt it. But the story is good (ebay can't give you that) and more importantly the customer gets the goods in days not weeks. I know that if I'm looking to buy stuff on ebay then mostly I will tick the UK only box. OK I get it if you're just trying to tick over but then you will always be at the vagaries of the postal system.

https://www.shopify.ca/success-stories/one-tribe-apparel?utm_source=exacttarget&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=stories&ad_signup=true

Very true. Their story is bullshit, hand stitched in villages(?!), but that's what makes them successful. It's all about branding, then you can sell anything.

It's over 20 years ago, but I recall someone at British Rail unlocking a guards-van one February, and finding it to be full of sacks of Christmas-mail, I wonder if those affected ever got a refund from Santa's little helpers ? whistling.gif

But for me this thread does highlight just how reliable the Thailand-to-UK postal-service normally is !

you mean 'was' ?

Hi all i have sent some parcels to relatives and neice/nephews

2 on 16th jan just t-shirts and phone case and bits and pieces but with a tracking number it still shows as outgoing from bangkok.

This was airmail parcel nearly 2kg but both not arrived

Also sent a birthday present to uk with a registered mail also airmail still not arrived but before airmail would be maybe 10 days tops every time i ever sent a parcel .

Whats going on there? Was going to send Ems which was a bit more expensive in the past but now its gone crazy .

Anyone else still lost a parcel i have 3 this year still awol?

sent Jan 11th from BKK , arrived New York customs Feb 2 , then sat there to Feb 11th , released to USPS where it sat a couple days , then headed West to Oakland California and arrived Feb 12

So over 1 month , big part was being sent to New York , normally it is BKK to USA West coast , then an extra week in customs

SAL - SMALL PACKET AND REGISTERED

I also have to join in - I posted three things to the UK by registered post on 19, 21 and 25 January. Checking the tracking numbers, all three are showing as delivered to the UK a couple of days after I had posted them, and then....they just seem to be sitting somewhere.

Last year they were taking a maximum of 10 days to arrive, so something has definitely changed.

I also have to join in - I posted three things to the UK by registered post on 19, 21 and 25 January. Checking the tracking numbers, all three are showing as delivered to the UK a couple of days after I had posted them, and then....they just seem to be sitting somewhere.

Last year they were taking a maximum of 10 days to arrive, so something has definitely changed.

Im confused, have they been delivered or not ?

If you don't mean delivered but "arrived" in the UK a couple of days after posting then it sounds to me like customs have them.

Edited by samuisecret

now check your tracking number on Royal Mail website if you haven't already. I've had a few like that where the Thai system hasn't been updated but Royal Mail website shows delivered.

Well, everything from Feb 1st - Feb 10th is still showing as outward bound. Aswell as all things sent on 3x random days in Jan (20th, 26th, & 29th).

But stuff sent Feb 11th - Feb 13th got to the U.K. in just 2 days....yes, 2 days (delivered to the actual addresses on the 3rd day)!

How is that even possible?

The package i sent to France, which Thai post decided to send to the U.K. (and then denied it was their wrong doing lol) was actually forwarded by Royal Mail to France and arrived 2 days later. Which was also a shocker. I expected to get that returned to me......eventually, that is.

Im confused, have they been delivered or not ?

If you don't mean delivered but "arrived" in the UK a couple of days after posting then it sounds to me like customs have them.

I'm happy to let you languish in pedantic confusion as you don't seem to have anything useful to add.

now check your tracking number on Royal Mail website if you haven't already. I've had a few like that where the Thai system hasn't been updated but Royal Mail website shows delivered.

Well, everything from Feb 1st - Feb 10th is still showing as outward bound. Aswell as all things sent on 3x random days in Jan (20th, 26th, & 29th).

But stuff sent Feb 11th - Feb 13th got to the U.K. in just 2 days....yes, 2 days (delivered to the actual addresses on the 3rd day)!

How is that even possible?

The package i sent to France, which Thai post decided to send to the U.K. (and then denied it was their wrong doing lol) was actually forwarded by Royal Mail to France and arrived 2 days later. Which was also a shocker. I expected to get that returned to me......eventually, that is.

Good idea. I'll check on Royal Mail.

Thanks a lot.

I have phoned Thailand post and have been told to send a form with the tracking number/address etc via email to them which they can then check what has happened.

I am going to do this now as i remember years ago doing thia at the post office and magically within 2-3 days the item showed up with parcelforce

I just had a surprise message from my mum. The parcel with Xmas gifts we sent around the 18th of December at the main post office where I live has arrived. My mum said that the date stamped on the parcel was the 14/2/2016, so basically it seems it was either miss placed, lost or held back. We must have gone to the post office about 4 times and they kept saying it was the UK side that was where it was being held up. Obviously that was a complete lie and luckily it did not contain important documents that maybe someone needed. I am just happy it finally got there to be honest.

I join the forum just to reply to this. I posted 2 items (important documents) to UK on Feb 1 and they're both been saying outward oe since Feb 2 til now. Thai post call centre saids it's the UK side. I'm incredibly frustrated. If anyone posted around that period having their items starting to arrive, please let me know.