New scam at Suvarnabhumi

Brer Fox

Happened to us in Shanghai last year. We had some RMB left, so figured we'd spend as much as we could at the shop right next to the boarding gates. After checking in as the flight was called, we went on to the actual mobile ramp, and around the corner where you couldn't see it from outside, there was the table with 2 cops. They were confiscating all liquids, and they had a ton.

• Like 1

Good morning, I travel regularly from Australia (Brisbane) to Thailand (Bangkok) and return. When departing Brisbane after security and immigration I go to the duty free and buy a bottle of spirits which I put in my unsealed duty free bag and there is no further check, however, on my last trip I purchased 2 mini bottles at the Brisbane duty free and they put them in a sealed bag telling me it was a new requirement.

Every time I fly from Savanabhumi back to Brisbane all passengers get checked when entering the departure lounge, been happening for years.

• Like 2

This is problem is usually eliminated when duty free is delivered in the jet way leading to the plane, Don't know why it is not done here

When Thai used to fly to LAX via Seoul, many people got banged when they had to go through security again in Inchon. Lesson learned was to leave your duty free on the plane in the overhead.

This is really an Asian thing, transit Seoul, Hong Kong, Tokyo or Taipei (don't know about Singapore) and even if you are staying on the same plane you will have to go through security screening again

In the US and most European airports once you have been through initial screening at your departure point , transits are handled plane side and you are not required to go through security again since you are considered in a "controlled, secure " area

• Like 2