TM30 Experience

CMBob

1 hour ago, hougourou said:

I was at Airport Immigration yeserday picking up my marriage visa and stopped in at the office at the back and asked if I need to report back to them if I travel within Thailand and was told yes, but only if my passport details were taken when I checked into a hotel, since that would update my status on the computer. 

Today different officer, different answer, TIT.

2 hours ago, davehowden said:

Today different officer, different answer, TIT.

So for the many 1,000's of CM people who have stayed revently overnight in a hotel, outside CM the province, booked into a hotel/resort with their passport and didnt report,will they get a vist from Imm or a fine. If you use the new Thai pink ID card to book in ,which I have done,is that in the system too ?

Hopefully these questions will be addressed this Friday.

• Like 1

The pink ID card is NOT linked, its only in the local Amphur database

When you look at the TM 30 form page 2, the page itself looks as if it is to be used in connection with an overseas visit, it asks for arrival point, TM6 number (arrival card)

Who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technically you've moved your address, so it should be a TM28

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sparkles said:

So for the many 1,000's of CM people who have stayed revently overnight in a hotel, outside CM the province, booked into a hotel/resort with their passport and didnt report,will they get a vist from Imm or a fine. If you use the new Thai pink ID card to book in ,which I have done,is that in the system too ?

What's happening Friday?

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Meeting with Lampang Governor to discuss long term stays at Empress Hotel.On another thread.

No, it's not a meeting with the Lampang Governor.  It was organized by the Lampang Governor, but the Minister of Tourist and Chief of Immigration for the entire country will be the featured speakers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

No, it's not a meeting with the Lampang Governor.  It was organized by the Lampang Governor, but the Minister of Tourist and Chief of Immigration for the entire country will be the featured speakers.  

Ok stand corrected,bit confused Governor of Lampang organising a Seminar ??

On 10/19/2016 at 3:15 PM, Sparkles said:

Based on past experiences I think it is highly likely that even more confusion will be the result after the seminar.

Hope I am wrong.   1503456.GIF

To add more juice...

:P

Today postman delivered my 90 day report receipt.

Paperwork mailed one week ago to Immigration Airport Office without TM30 receipt (or whatever related to TM30) and all came back to me as usual for 90 days more...

Great, simple and easy!

:thumbsup:

Note: similar post in another relevant thread

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NancyL said:

Damn I'd really like to hear what they have to say but overloaded Friday.

Any chance anyone will be video recording and sticking on Youtube?

Specific answers from IMM chief and general attitudes of Tourism Minister on a variety of subjects would be interesting.

A friend is registered at a condo and has a TM30 Receipt of Notification tucked in his passport.

He's going on a short trip.

On return does he have to go to IMM (at CM) and let them do something or is sending in same address through condo office enough?

(Did I hear right they stamp the Receipt each time you go but once you have the receipt you can use it multiple times?)

thanks

1 hour ago, cheeryble said:

A friend is registered at a condo and has a TM30 Receipt of Notification tucked in his passport.

He's going on a short trip.

On return does he have to go to IMM (at CM) and let them do something or is sending in same address through condo office enough?

(Did I hear right they stamp the Receipt each time you go but once you have the receipt you can use it multiple times?)

thanks

If his condo office will do the online thing for him (and hopefully provide him with some receipt or screen print) when he returns, then he doesn't need to do anything himself; alternatively, he could do it himself by going out to Immigration (back office at old Immigration site.....and all he needs to take is himself and his passport with the TM30 Receipt he already has) and they'll put another circular stamp on the same Receipt of Notice.  Technically, I understand, he's supposed to do that within 24 hours of returning to the country but they've told me "within 7 days." 

If his short trip is out of the country, he's required to get this done; however, if in country, god/Buddha only knows (people are apparently being told different things about whether they do or don't need to re-register when you're doing in-country holidays away from home).

• Like 1

My owner is scared to pay 1,600thb , so she wants me to sign a new rental contract (same place), as today, then go immigration to register me. Do you this this will work ? I have also to go oversea for a week-end soon .. do you think it is better to make this new contract when I come back ? New arrival stamp, new rental contract ... but same address for the last 2 years !

Exactly, when do you get the fine ? When owner did not register you after 24h of a new rental contract ? Or is there a link to your arrival stamp. Imagine I stay house A for 3 months (owner did not care to register me), then I move to house B, and owner register me in 24h ... so nobody is paying the fine ?

Well for those who want to give an answer ;-) Thanks

acting like you are starting fresh isn't a bad idea, especially for the LL, if she didn't pay taxes, but I think they will look at your 90 day reports.  In my case, I went after returning from America, and they looked at my yellowbook...indicating I had been there for a few years.  I think there will be many LL looking for new leases..not just to recoup the 1600 but to recoup taxes and penalties....so guess who is going to pay for this in the long run?

For everyone's information, in the hope that it may be of some help:

I renewed my annual visa extension today - something like the 27th time - and the charming lady at TM Airport told me I needed to complete a TM 30 first. I had one with me, just in case, but no landlord/landlady = wife in my case. I was pleased and surprised to learn from the immigration staff in the TM 30 Building that I could register myself as a house owner (not a condo) as my name appears on the Chanouat Ti Din as "seti gep gin talot chiwit' or 'right of usufruct for life'. The TM 30 staff told me that this made me the equivalent of the "chao kawng baan" or owner - an unexpectedly pleasing reply.

Otherwise there seems to be no escape from the TM 30....

• Like 1

Dru, I'm sure that was of some help to those appearing on the chanote.  So, did they nail you for the standard 1,600 baht fine?  And did they say anything about when you had to re-register it (i.e., if simply away in-country or only when re-entering the country)?

Yes, I was fined THB1600.

They said to register when re-entering the country AND when returning home after staying elsewhere in Thailand. And they gave me stickers saying that if I neglected to re-register within 24 hours I could be fined up to THB10,000 - yes, ten thousand!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dru2 said:

Yes, I was fined THB1600.

They said to register when re-entering the country AND when returning home after staying elsewhere in Thailand. And they gave me stickers saying that if I neglected to re-register within 24 hours I could be fined up to THB10,000 - yes, ten thousand!

Hi Dru2!

May I ask if you reckon they were fining you for not registering after external travel or had you stayed in a hotel here since which means they would know it was internal.

Naturally being a ZEF Side fan I take you as a man of integrity and believe you on what they said about must register after internal travel, it's just that we were told exactly the opposite a week or two ago, only external matters (seems they had changed tack and we repeated the question for certainty), and interested if you know what they actually acted on.

This really does need clearing up for a lot of people. I personally will stay at a hotel shortly......to register or not to register that is the question.....don't want no slings or arrows or a fine either.

Edited by cheeryble
  • Like 1

Hi Cheeryble -

They were quite frank about it being an old requirement that had been resurrected. They didn't apportion blame, only said that it should have been done, but had not been, and therefore everyone was going to have to pay a fine.

As far as internal travel goes, I have been given to understand that this only applies if a hotel takes your passport details, otherwise - or if staying elsewhere, eg with friends or family - don't bother.

The question arises, can we circumvent this by using a Thai driving licence (which actually carries the holder's passport number)? Or perhaps the pink non-Thai citizen identity card, which is said to replace a passport in most instances for internal purposes, and which apparently links to the issuing amphur office and not to immigration....

I was recently at hotels in Doi Mae Salong (details of passport taken) and in Chiang Khong (I can't remember).

So you are quite correct, this is a matter that needs clearing up for a lot of people, myself included!

• Like 1

Many hotels will require to see your passport, to check visa number, departure card number, stamp, etc ... So I think passport will be often mandatory ... now if you go with your Thai wife, maybe she can register by herself ...

We will see how far this one goes, but I cannot imagine stopping 2 h every week or 2 to Immigration, after each trip to Bangkok, just for a stamp. They should have a fast service somewhere to do it ... or maybe a computer software to help ;-)

No, suppose it doesn't.  But I don't believe you weren't fined because of your entry on Friday* but because you had 50-60 other times that you didn't report.  Once you have your TM30 Receipt of Notification, all you need is show up and they'll re-stamp the same form in your passport.  Given you're back and forth so much, it'll be a pain for you and I would think they'd put in a new Receipt of Notification form in your passport once they plaster the original with a load of stamps.

*They've made it very clear to me that I can show up for the re-stamping within 7 days of coming back into the country (in spite of the law supposedly saying 24 hours).  I re-entered the country again on September 10th and went to get my "re-stamping" when I got around to it 5 days later (and they were perfectly happy with that).

Fined me yday, owned my condo for 12 years, never submitted TM30, arrived in CM last Friday they said that's not the issue, it's that I have never registered the address.

Forgot to mention I questioned the fine saying Promenade office never asked for it, I had to laugh when she replied "They know nothing about this ".

:lol:

I am interested in the TM30 saga from a systems point of view.

When doing a 90 Day Report in person or an Annual Extension does the officer actually use the computer to check that the TM30 receipt stapled in your passport corresponds to an entry in some database, or is the presence of a paper TM30 receipt in your passport all that they are looking for? Also the TM30 receipt does not have my name or passport number on it so how is it linked back to me?

Say for instance I take a holiday in Hua Hin and a TM30 is generated by the house/ hotel owner. This entry then eventually goes into a database which needs to be a "National Database" (available to all immigration Departments around the country) or how else would Chiang Mai ever know that I have been in Hua Hin?

Just wondering!

Edited by davehowden
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, khunphil said:

Many hotels will require to see your passport, to check visa number, departure card number, stamp, etc ... So I think passport will be often mandatory ... now if you go with your Thai wife, maybe she can register by herself ...

We will see how far this one goes, but I cannot imagine stopping 2 h every week or 2 to Immigration, after each trip to Bangkok, just for a stamp. They should have a fast service somewhere to do it ... or maybe a computer software to help ;-)

The majority of low level dives I stay in normally take a photocopy or even a photo of the passport picture page only which suggests that visa number, departure card number etc. are often not entered into the TM30 database by "owners".

Edited by davehowden

Looks like this is kind of getting to be a pain for folks that like to move about

without feeling like their under house arrest

We left  Thailand  after 4+ nice years in August to move back to our other home. But are now back in Thailand due to MIL being

in a bad state of final stage of cancer.

I am back on a single entry "Non Imm O"...so 90 days with possibility to extend for 60 more easily.

I tend to think for many the multi entry version of this visa might be the better alternative these days.

Seems like less hassle

Although I have read some places in UK & Europe ( I think) has cancelled giving them out.

I see they are still available in US where we came from

4 hours ago, davehowden said:

The majority of low level dives I stay in normally take a photocopy or even a photo of the passport picture page only which suggests that visa number, departure card number etc. are often not entered into the TM30 database by "owners".

Was just looking at the TM30 screen printout of a friend yesterday and his departure card number is indeed listed in the form [and there's a slot for it....although it says "Arrival Card No (บัตรขาเข้าเลขที่).....which is the same].  As to whether everyone who does the online deal includes it, heck if I know.  My old departure card number was clearly listed in the original TM30 filed for me but I have no Idea if the officer updated that on the computer when I re-registered upon re-entry with a new departure card and number.

Evidently different than yours, my TM30 receipt has my full name on it but, other than that, nothing I can identify that clearly "links" it to me....but I'm sure it's in their computer system (because they verified that in front of me when I went to re-register upon re-entry) and I'm guessing that must involve a national Immigration database.  When I re-registered, the guy also put a 8-digit number (it's not my new departure card number, my passport number, or anything to do with my retirement extension) in pencil on the upper left-hand corner and that surely relates to something in their system.