Lost Tm.6 Card?

Opened my passport today, only to find out that there is no TM.6 (arrival) card in it... :blink:

I last re-entered late september. Did something change or should I contact Suan Plu on how to get a new one? I think I remember filling it out (it was quite early), but I don't remember seeing it in my PP after being stamped (back) in.

Anyone know what the procedure is?

thx

BB

It has been many years since I had that sinking feeling (at airport immigration check leaving) but only had to fill out a blank form. However have heard people looking through stacks of forms at Immigration to find original so you might want to be prepared for a search and hope for the best.

As you know the date and approximate time it can probably be found - and it may be linked on the computer these days. Anyone else experience this loss recently?

In the meantime I would check your tickets/boarding pass and any other papers you may have had open at that time in case it got put with something else.

According to the person that answered the phone at Suan Plu, we'll have to stop by a police station (any police station will do) and get them to make a report about the loss of a TM.6 card. "No need to rush, just have it done before the next visa extension", is what we were told.

Glad we got an extra TM. 6 form on our way in. Can't imagine how long it would have been before the local boys in brown would have been able to understand "Lost Arrival card in passport" without seeing the actual form.

In Sep 2005 I lost my card when my passport was stolen immediately after coming back from a biz trip to Sri Lanka.

I had to go to Suan Phlu, where they had a computer record of the card number from flight arrivals for the day I had most recently arrived.

So they took a new card, crossed out the number and hand-wrote the number from the computer above the space on the card and stapled it into my new passport.

I thought that would be the end of it but three weeks ago I flew to Luang Prabang - my first time to leave Thailand since Sep 05 - and when they searched the immigration computers at passport check at Chiang Mai International, the handwritten number keyed to an arrival on the same day, same flight from Sep 05, with someone else's name, photo and passport number. It was an Indian national named Mohammed something and Thai immigration was very suspicious. Immigration at CM airport had no access to Suan Phlu (it was nighttime) and I was detained for awhile till I was able to convince them that it was an error.

If I were to go through a lost card again I would ask for a direct printout from the computer as a backup. Had I done that I believe it would have shown that both myself and this Mohammed were on the same flight and the office at Suan Phlu wrote down the wrong number.

Following the trip to Luang Prabang I now have a fresh card with a new number.

Glad we got an extra TM. 6 form on our way in.

It will be the departure portion of the card you are missing from your passport.............not quite sure if it will be as simply as filling in the spare one you picked up at the airport on the way in as the reverse of the card has your arrival date stamped on it by Immigration when you land...........obviously your spare one won't have this.

Glad we got an extra TM. 6 form on our way in.

It will be the departure portion of the card you are missing from your passport.............not quite sure if it will be as simply as filling in the spare one you picked up at the airport on the way in as the reverse of the card has your arrival date stamped on it by Immigration when you land...........obviously your spare one won't have this.

I believe he means he will use the spare card to show police what he is missing. Not that he is going to fill it out.

In Sep 2005 I lost my card when my passport was stolen immediately after coming back from a biz trip to Sri Lanka.

I had to go to Suan Phlu, where they had a computer record of the card number from flight arrivals for the day I had most recently arrived.

So they took a new card, crossed out the number and hand-wrote the number from the computer above the space on the card and stapled it into my new passport.

I thought that would be the end of it but three weeks ago I flew to Luang Prabang - my first time to leave Thailand since Sep 05 - and when they searched the immigration computers at passport check at Chiang Mai International, the handwritten number keyed to an arrival on the same day, same flight from Sep 05, with someone else's name, photo and passport number. It was an Indian national named Mohammed something and Thai immigration was very suspicious. Immigration at CM airport had no access to Suan Phlu (it was nighttime) and I was detained for awhile till I was able to convince them that it was an error.

If I were to go through a lost card again I would ask for a direct printout from the computer as a backup. Had I done that I believe it would have shown that both myself and this Mohammed were on the same flight and the office at Suan Phlu wrote down the wrong number.

Following the trip to Luang Prabang I now have a fresh card with a new number.

Thanks for the tip! On my next trip out, I'll make certain to bring a copy of the police report if they manually adjust my new TM.6.

JC

• 4 months later...

Had forgotten about this post. In case anyone wonders:

Went to the police station next door to immigration in Soi Suan Plu and explained to a very love lady in brown that I lost the card. She did not seem to know the document, but that didn't stop her from making a report about it and asking for a 20 baht fee before handing over our copy... Went over to immigration where another friendly and helpful women at a special counter (no queue) looked up the original number (I do believe she used computer somewhere in the back) and wrote that on another, old model, TM card, stamped it and gave it back.

I was done within 30 minutes or so.

PS: Found the original TM card just last week and it turns out that she was right about the number.

• 8 months later...

I had the same problem last week. Filing a police report: 5 min and a fee of 20 Bt.

When I came back to Immigration, counter 519, they checked my entry date in their computer, but could not find a record of my entry in September 2006.

Because I could show them a copy of my old TM6 they gave me the replacement card, but I wonder what will happen when I want to leave Thailand in 3 weeks, as my arrival has not been recorded.

...a colleague has just had the same experience.. get to Suna Plu ASAP once you realised that you lost it. Get it sorted as he had a work permit and the permit was not extended as Immigration could not extend without the TM6 card. he ended up going back to the entry point and having a new card issued plus needing a police reoprt...

Somewhat related.........

The wife departed Suvarnahbumi on her Thai passport last month -- the first time she has done this. She had filled out the TM6 departure part, which Immigration took. But they kept the arrival part...? I thought they were supposed to staple it to her passport...........

Is this the normal procedure? If not, will she experience problems when she next arrives in Thailand, entering on her Thai passport?

I always do a couple of photo copies of all relevant information after arriving back and then dito when i get a change in visa renewal or similarcahnges.

Cost,s me 1 baht for a couple of copies of each item, very cheap at the price especially when you consider the problems of loosing a passport or the T.M card ect.

Keep a copy of all relevant information in a safe place at home or a place you can leave it for future access should you need it.

You can usually get the more important info on 1 A4 using both sides :o

Keep one copy of each piece of photo copied info folded in a small poly packet to back up my 5 year Thai driving licence and take it with me when i,m going walk about to another locality.

I,ve also done a couple of coloured copies of the main page of my passport via my printer at home.

marshbags :D

Edited by marshbags

...The wife departed Suvarnahbumi on her Thai passport last month -- the first time she has done this. She had filled out the TM6 departure part, which Immigration took. But they kept the arrival part...? I thought they were supposed to staple it to her passport...

Something has gone wrong in your wife’s case. The arrival part of TM.6, with immigration’s departure stamp on it, should have been stapled to her passport. At least, this is always the case with my wife’s Thai passport.

post-21260-1197344760_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro