Man killed in Phuket defending shoes

snoop1130

Man killed in Phuket defending shoes
Kritsada Mueanhawong

post-249866-0-21591700-1458216942_thumb.

PHUKET: -- A man was killed after allegedly attempting to defend his shoes from a thief in Phuket this morning.

“Neighbors told us that Niwat Linooi, 24, caught someone trying to take his shoes from in front of his home and allegedly punched the thief,” said Lt Col Suchart Meelampong of the Phuket City Police.

The man then supposedly called out to his friends who stabbed Mr Niwat before fleeing the scene. Mr Niwat had already been taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital by the time police arrived.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Man-killed-Phuket-defending-shoes/63453?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-03-17

Shows you how much respect for life some people in Phuket have.

Kill someone because he punched your friend? Totally adequate reaction!

I personally experienced it way too many times already what barbaric loose cannons some locals are. Most are not of course but the few that are make for a really dangerous place.

Another story that will not be forgotten by anyone other than Thais.

Only shoelaces could have been 'better' as a story to describe the current state of Thailand. I predict this will get referenced again over the coming weeks.

"Killed for their shoes."

Sad fact is Thailand is merely catching up with the levels of violence found elsewhere.

Another story that will not be forgotten by anyone other than Thais.

Only shoelaces could have been 'better' as a story to describe the current state of Thailand. I predict this will get referenced again over the coming weeks.

"Killed for their shoes."

Sad fact is Thailand is merely catching up with the levels of violence found elsewhere.

Some may argue that Thailand is now exceeding the levels of violence found elsewhere.

I bet there is more to this than just stealing shoes. How do they come up with the news title? The guy attacked was already at the hospital when the cops arrived at the scene of the attack, maybe he died before they got to the hospital, so a neighbour was cited as saying it was about the shoes..............hmmm young guy, Phuket, drugs maybe................? It is about time the mafia in all these islands are taken care of but T.I.T it will never happen and this is the main reason I will never go anywhere near these places, especially the islands!!

Good example of life is cheap here.

Pick up and read any Western newspaper and learn how "cheap" life is in the West..............................

But this is a forum about thailand not the west or a comparison website.

After everything I read, nearly every day, it makes me think Phuket and Pattaya are totally lawless areas, where violent behavior is as normal as breathing.

I bet there is more to this than just stealing shoes. How do they come up with the news title? The guy attacked was already at the hospital when the cops arrived at the scene of the attack, maybe he died before they got to the hospital, so a neighbour was cited as saying it was about the shoes..............hmmm young guy, Phuket, drugs maybe................? It is about time the mafia in all these islands are taken care of but T.I.T it will never happen and this is the main reason I will never go anywhere near these places, especially the islands!!

This sort of mindless violence happens all over Thailand.

In a recent case in Bangkok, a student who was cut off by a taxi driver, went home, collected his friends and a sword, found the taxi driver and chopped him up. Not the first murder there involving swords and taxi drivers. Also, there have been several stories about school gangs in the same city who hunt down and kill rivals for little reason. A look at any Thai news channel graphically illustrates that this type of crime occurs all over Thailand

Some posters, exhibiting a kind of strange obsession, like to only highlight cases in large tourist areas like Pattaya and Phuket and follow it up with evangelical like calls for the places to be cleaned up or even removed from the landscape..

These people are displaying the same kind of mindless bigotry that drives people to commit crime all over this country for the huge insult of "lost face".

I think there are possibly deeper psychological (or financial) reasons for their hatred of certain parts of Thailand.

Edited by Old Croc

After everything I read, nearly every day, it makes me think Phuket and Pattaya are totally lawless areas, where violent behavior is as normal as breathing.

They are lawless areas no question about it. I used to live outside of Pattaya for a number of years and the increasing crime was the main reason I left

Over the hill tourist hotspots attract scum of the earth.

Pattaya: The only international city in Thailand . The most interesting city in Thailand. Pattaya possibly the most criticised city in the world by people who have never visited the place. Having spent 50 years visiting other cities all round the globe Pattaya is the only place I can relax in with lakes - parks- mountains - temples- beaches - cheap food- top restaurants- nightlife - A senses of warmth and shared fun amongst the expats...All these things - the real Pattaya never make headlines.

The man was killed not because he was defending his shoes but because he hit out at the robber and caused him to lose face. It is so often the case that people in Thailand will not lose face no matter what. My wife is Thai so I know this only too well!

If you are caught stealing from someone and suffer a punch, just take your lumps and run.

Calling for help and your friend stabbing and killing someone is beyond belief. Life may

be cheap here but all I can say is I hope they are caught, prosecuted, found guilty and

sentenced to 30 years so they have adequate time to reflect on their actions. blink.png

Pattaya: The only international city in Thailand . The most interesting city in Thailand. Pattaya possibly the most criticised city in the world by people who have never visited the place. Having spent 50 years visiting other cities all round the globe Pattaya is the only place I can relax in with lakes - parks- mountains - temples- beaches - cheap food- top restaurants- nightlife - A senses of warmth and shared fun amongst the expats...All these things - the real Pattaya never make headlines.

The story's about Phuket.