Off to the motor Show

Will be at the motorshow today, specifically to see the new Mercedes E-Class. If anyone wants any specs or price lists for anything I'll pap some pics and post them here.

Hoping there'll be some deals to be had since Jan and Feb were pretty rubbish for most dealers after the December rush.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would like to know the Thai price for the new BMW M2 and if any deals on the AMG A45 ? I believe the AMG's price has been reduced to around 4 million now. Something to do with new rates of tax based on emmisions.

please keep us updated about the BMW X1 CKD version in terms of specs and possible deals offered at the show

Thanks

First two X1 batch allocation all dealers are getting are sold out, so no discounting being offered. Haven't asked each dealer as there are 12 different bkk dealerships represented here. Specs I've shared in the X1 thread and still the most current available. They have said there could be one or two changes before the CKD lands in dealerships.

Would like to know the Thai price for the new BMW M2 and if any deals on the AMG A45 ? I believe the AMG's price has been reduced to around 4 million now. Something to do with new rates of tax based on emmisions.

They just said 4.4m for the A45 after waiting an eternity for the rep to find out the price. Apparently big issue at Merc booth as they are charging 6k per rep at the event. Seems like all the rubbish staff are here as they don't speak English or know anything about their cars!

It's really quite ...feel sorry for those trying to sell. Am tempted to buy just to make them happy.

The Focus parks itself both

ways ...parallel and end on.

That's a plus for us older ones.

The E-Class looks very tempting..CH you didn't order one then.

Mrs Jas likes the Mazda 3 ....back here Wed for a test drive ...am worried that 'money gone' as they say .....

is it normal for dealers to offer better/attractive offers/discounts during motor shows? still undecided between the 3 choices of minor change mazda cx-5 2.0S petro, x-trail hybrid 2.0E 2WD and x-trail petro 2.0V 4WD. All in similar price bracket from 1.33, 1.379 and 1.392 million. Heard from grapevine that Nissan dealers gave discounts from 5.5k - 100k depending on variant.

M2 3.99m

This price just made me spit out my cuppa, put a deposit on for me please..!!!

I suspect it's 5.9M though :(

linguini, on 21 Mar 2016 - 19:31, said:

is it normal for dealers to offer better/attractive offers/discounts during motor shows? still undecided between the 3 choices of minor change mazda cx-5 2.0S petro, x-trail hybrid 2.0E 2WD and x-trail petro 2.0V 4WD. All in similar price bracket from 1.33, 1.379 and 1.392 million. Heard from grapevine that Nissan dealers gave discounts from 5.5k - 100k depending on variant.

Maybe ... wait until the last day of the show, or the last day the guy who you are chatting to is there. Or try the last day of the month/quarter. I'm wondering if sales will be high this show ... many bought before the tax rise I guess.

The CX-5 minor change was covered ... guess it will be uncovered tomorrow.

M2 3.99m

I suspect it's 5.9M though :(

No idea, other than what the rep said. That said, all stock for this year has already been sold.

Tough to get discounts on new models. There's some manoeuvring available in terms of financing so you'll usually see offers related to that. I think the 2.09% on the new Civic is very reasonable.

linguini, on 21 Mar 2016 - 19:31, said:

Maybe ... wait until the last day of the show, or the last day the guy who you are chatting to is there. Or try the last day of the month/quarter. I'm wondering if sales will be high this show ... many bought before the tax rise I guess.

The CX-5 minor change was covered ... guess it will be uncovered tomorrow.

Problem is even if the price is good it's normally only valid for the month of the event. If they don't have stock you're out of luck.

so Chesney you maintain your order for the X1? what deal did you get?

Yeah, kept it as first two lots have all been booked already. 2.69% on 25% deposit over 4 years, but I saw some dealers offering higher rates. No discounts on the car as there is no stock and a long queue, they don't need to offer any incentives right now. I reckon you're looking at least the next motorshow before any price lowing happens.

OTOH 3 and 5 series with plenty of deals to be had. 5 years interest free for starters.

Yeah, kept it as first two lots have all been booked already. 2.69% on 25% deposit over 4 years, but I saw some dealers offering higher rates. No discounts on the car as there is no stock and a long queue, they don't need to offer any incentives right now. I reckon you're looking at least the next motorshow before any price lowing happens.

OTOH 3 and 5 series with plenty of deals to be had. 5 years interest free for starters.

They still have the 3 Series ActiveHybrid ?

M2 3.99m

I suspect it's 5.9M though sad.png

Shows how much more you know than the reps, price just popped up at 5.99m officially. You should offer to replace them.

They still have the 3 Series ActiveHybrid ?

Nope, only the 330i plug-in hybrid now, that'll be 3.1m please

M2 3.99m

I suspect it's 5.9M though sad.png

Shows how much more you know than the reps, price just popped up at 5.99m officially. You should offer to replace them.

Ha yep! i'd heard on the radio and another thread on here it was gonna be around 5.9.

I was still hoping your price was right though ...!

The 330i had a short run too, now replaced with the 330e - 110 litres less boot space, and an extra 175kgs of batteries to cart around. Not really interested in hybrids myself.

Motorshow opens to the public tomorrow right? Will it be packed?? Thursday a better option?

Cheers

Get there by 11am ... park the car ... go and eat either at Easy Peasy or in Challenger. Buy your ticket or exchange your freebee 'not for sale' ticket and be ready to dive in at midday... easy...