Off to the motor Show

Would like to know the Thai price for the new BMW M2 and if any deals on the AMG A45 ? I believe the AMG's price has been reduced to around 4 million now. Something to do with new rates of tax based on emmisions.

M2 3.99m

This price just made me spit out my cuppa, put a deposit on for me please..!!!

I suspect it's 5.9M though sad.png

Shows how much more you know than the reps, price just popped up at 5.99m officially. You should offer to replace them.

the price of 5.99 has been on the website for while.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes shame about the 330 ActiveHybrid as that was the one i was looking at with the 3 litre Twin Turbo engine plus electric giving well over 300+ bhp for a reasonable price, not interested in the 2 litre 330e plug in either

I do feel that Benz and BMW seem to change their lineup in terms of engines quite a bit, at least on the more 'niche' engines part. Last Year Benz brought the Diesel Hybrid C300, now not anymore available and it is a petrol plug in instead.

If i am not mistaken BMW just updated the 328i with the 330i mentioned....now not available anymore and from what i see not available engine choice in other models too. Also, not to long ago I believe there was a 220i, now only 218i.

So it seems if you want some decent performance you need to go the Hybrid way....for both! kinda funny....

5.99 for the M2 seems very steep though....great car...but the price is hard to digest.

Really? I only saw the prices get updated yesterday. Prior to that they had the same pricelist from December.

Was discussing BMW prices with a friend last week, it was up then.

Yes shame about the 330 ActiveHybrid as that was the one i was looking at with the 3 litre Twin Turbo engine plus electric giving well over 300+ bhp for a reasonable price, not interested in the 2 litre 330e plug in either

I do feel that Benz and BMW seem to change their lineup in terms of engines quite a bit, at least on the more 'niche' engines part. Last Year Benz brought the Diesel Hybrid C300, now not anymore available and it is a petrol plug in instead.

If i am not mistaken BMW just updated the 328i with the 330i mentioned....now not available anymore and from what i see not available engine choice in other models too. Also, not to long ago I believe there was a 220i, now only 218i.

So it seems if you want some decent performance you need to go the Hybrid way....for both! kinda funny....

5.99 for the M2 seems very steep though....great car...but the price is hard to digest.

There's a lot of tweaking in this area just just drop under

certain tax thresholds, so things like E20 losing out and CO2 emissions kicking in are forcing a rejiggle. It will help some people in terms of pricing, and hinder those who want performance.

Also the government is pushing the whole alternative energy in motoring so expect to see a lot more PHEV stuff going forward.

Really? I only saw the prices get updated yesterday. Prior to that they had the same pricelist from December.

Maybe another place on the BMW website? I was standing next to the Thai head of BMW when we were checking the website. When he scrolled down we couldn't see the price, then saw it said December 2015 at the bottom. He made a call and three minutes later it changed to March 2016 with the M2 and i8 tagged at the bottom. When you've got the power........

They've just sent me the previous price list in case anyone wants to compare possible price changes between the two lists.

post-241826-0-94528300-1458701851_thumb.

post-241826-0-30769600-1458701853_thumb.

I'm over in Pak Kret and may head over today because I don't have to work. Anyone going today?

I'll be there again today amongst the day 1 chaos.

Likewise ... Yellow rice and chicken at 11:15 then 'divein at 12:00 for a couple of hours ... maybe it won't be that crowded or maybe it will Edited by JAS21

I notice Benz lost the A & B Class from their price list and web site early this year. The March price list now shows the AMG A 45 and AMG CLA 45 at 4.4 and 4.7M baht. Pretty good value compared to the M2.

If the AMG prices are true and the specs have not been stripped, that is a huge drop from the 5.8 and 6M prices last year. Pity about the resale for the existing owners.

I notice Benz lost the A & B Class from their price list and web site early this year. The March price list now shows the AMG A 45 and AMG CLA 45 at 4.4 and 4.7M baht. Pretty good value compared to the M2.

If the AMG prices are true and the specs have not been stripped, that is a huge drop from the 5.8 and 6M prices last year. Pity about the resale for the existing owners.

Isn't something to do with not being CBU. I have a friend who is not impressed with what his E-Class is now worth....

Isn't something to do with not being CBU. I have a friend who is not impressed with what his E-Class is now worth....

Could be but the price reduction is more dramatic in % terms than for the CBU - CKD lower models. The removal of the tax hike for >220hp also makes a difference.

Could be but the price reduction is more dramatic in % terms than for the CBU - CKD lower models. The removal of the tax hike for >220hp also makes a difference.

There's a 1.4m discount because of the CO2 changes for taxation, meaning it drops from 50% to 35%. Check the article on the website that we're not allowed to post links for.

There's a 1.4m discount because of the CO2 changes for taxation, meaning it drops from 50% to 35%. Check the article on the website that we're not allowed to post links for.

Dropping the 50% tax for > 220 hp is part of the new CO2 based tax structure.

However the old 3000 cc limit has not been removed so the M2 probably still suffers 50% duty.

Edit: Scratch that. Apparently the M2 is 2979 cc and 199 gm/km CO2 so maybe BMW are just greedy.

Edited by Jitar

However the old 3000 cc limit has not been removed so the M2 probably still suffers 50% duty.

Edit: Scratch that. Apparently the M2 is 2979 cc and 199 gm/km CO2 so maybe BMW are just greedy.

Well they've got no stock available to sell for the rest of this year so they are probably milking potential customers for every penny.

But the M2 is a CBU model, maybe the Merc's are assembled here further reducing duties?

Are the Merc's and the m2 similarly priced overseas?

Any discount on new Pajero Sport topmodel there? I was plan to check the "carsshow" promo in korat first.. I have visited some agents here but no discount until now..

Pink

Just a heads up. Yesterday was at the local dealer to look at the Pajero sport 4wd top model and they said that next month the price will increase with 70.000 THB. When I asked why, they said they did not know.

However the price for the Triton will stay the same.

Edited by MJCM

Would like to know the Thai price for the new BMW M2 and if any deals on the AMG A45 ? I believe the AMG's price has been reduced to around 4 million now. Something to do with new rates of tax based on emmisions.

M2 3.99m

Oho ! That's not bad at all...

Never thought I actually be considering a Merc over a BMW but 2mil Baht is a helluva difference. The A45 has become a performance bargain in Thai terms.. Grey Market Golf R is similar price, New Audi TTS can't match the performance and no TTRS in view. Porsche Cayman is 7 Mil for 2.7 entry model. Subaru WRX and Mitsu are past it. What else with around 300hp is available in this market ? 8ugger all ...

Meanwhile in The US you can buy an M2 for US52K or a GT4 for US64K...... Sickening :(

Never thought I actually be considering a Merc over a BMW but 2mil Baht is a helluva difference. The A45 has become a performance bargain in Thai terms.. Grey Market Golf R is similar price, New Audi TTS can't match the performance and no TTRS in view. Porsche Cayman is 7 Mil for 2.7 entry model. Subaru WRX and Mitsu are past it. What else with around 300hp is available in this market ? 8ugger all ...

Meanwhile in The US you can buy an M2 for US52K or a GT4 for US64K...... Sickening :(

Well, remove the pricing difference of imported cars and you would singlehandedly decimate the car industry here, create huge unemployment and the economy would tank.

Maybe another place on the BMW website? I was standing next to the Thai head of BMW when we were checking the website. When he scrolled down we couldn't see the price, then saw it said December 2015 at the bottom. He made a call and three minutes later it changed to March 2016 with the M2 and i8 tagged at the bottom. When you've got the power........

They've just sent me the previous price list in case anyone wants to compare possible price changes between the two lists.

The prices of the 4 series seem well over the top for me - are they 100% imported or something?

a 420dM Sport is the same price as a 528iM Sport - and it's less powerful..

One thing I noticed - MG offering a very good warranty deal - 4 years, 120k - plus roadside assistance.

I presume this is to allay rumors about the quality of their cars. They look nice enough.

Are there only stupidly priced German cars at the motorshow or do they have reasonable options too?

Well, looking at the BMW prices, it has to be said, the prices are getting silly. I think this is now more about what people are dumb enough to pay more than anything else.

And before anyone says I'm jealous etc etc I drive a Beemer here myself.

Mercedes seem to be much more reasonable but the interiors arent very inspiring, nor is the thought of the fact many models have a 1.8 liter engine.

Overall prices for all cars seem to be going up exponentially. The top end Fortuner is 1.6m which is $45k or 32k GBP and it's just a pickup truck with a cab.

The Mazdas too - insane prices for what you get.

The new Accord is nice and a couple if others took my fancy. Even the new Focus is pretty. Both seemed to be priced more reasonably to me.

Some of the financing terms are crazy too - 84 months payment on a car?

I guess the economy is growing but I do wonder if a correction in prices might be coming if people are holding onto cars that long.

Are there only stupidly priced German cars at the motorshow or do they have reasonable options too?

Well, looking at the BMW prices, it has to be said, the prices are getting silly. I think this is now more about what people are dumb enough to pay more than anything else.

And before anyone says I'm jealous etc etc I drive a Beemer here myself.

Mercedes seem to be much more reasonable but the interiors arent very inspiring, nor is the thought of the fact many models have a 1.8 liter engine.

Overall prices for all cars seem to be going up exponentially. The top end Fortuner is 1.6m which is $45k or 32k GBP and it's just a pickup truck with a cab.

The Mazdas too - insane prices for what you get.

The new Accord is nice and a couple if others took my fancy. Even the new Focus is pretty. Both seemed to be priced more reasonably to me.

Some of the financing terms are crazy too - 84 months payment on a car?

I guess the economy is growing but I do wonder if a correction in prices might be coming if people are holding onto cars that long.

Need to factor exchange rates, at least compared to USD Thai baht is way off from a couple of years ago.

M2 3.99m

M2 5.99m ...

M2 3.99m

M2 5.99m ...

Bargain! Two please...

I bought the 220i when they imported them last year, very capable car with reasonable performance. This year they have switched to the slightly cheaper but woefully underpowered 218i.