THE England thread

rijit

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Piers Morgan leading the charge. I hate that horrible git

he's a prime example of why would anybody listen to that tit and give his opinion any credence whatsoever. would imagine any sensible arsenal fan is just embarrassed by him.

3 hours ago, StevieH said:

he's a prime example of why would anybody listen to that tit and give his opinion any credence whatsoever. would imagine any sensible arsenal fan is just embarrassed by him.

He's much loved at the Lane. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Beginning to wonder if a bit of optimism isn't called for: The players look fresh, organised, and well motivated, and most importantly they are playing as a team.  I'm hoping for a half decent tournament this time.

I think you're in the wrong thread, this ones England. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Beginning to wonder if a bit of optimism isn't called for: The players look fresh, organised, and well motivated, and most importantly they are playing as a team.  I'm hoping for a half decent tournament this time.

Depends what your optimism is hoping for?  Granted we should get out of our group and we could well get lucky first round of the knockouts but thats as far as it should go.  Sorry.

I'm Norwegian and we did not qualify so I hope England will do well , and any Spurs player in the WC. 

Also Denmark will be one of my favorites , with Norwegian coach and of course Christian Eriksen  :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Depends what your optimism is hoping for?  Granted we should get out of our group and we could well get lucky first round of the knockouts but thats as far as it should go.  Sorry.

That's a tad optimistic from you dear chap! 

On 6/5/2018 at 7:56 AM, carmine said:

Yeah, just a good group stage and maybe a game or two beyond. It would be a bit foolish to hope for latter stages imo.

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Yeah, just a good group stage and maybe a game or two beyond. It would be a bit foolish to hope for latter stages imo.

It's a chance for some to step up their game.

Will they though?

16 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It's a chance for some to step up their game.

Will they though?

I think they will. A lot of players in this team capable and hungry. Kane, alli, sterling, wellbeck (in an England shirt) vardy and lingard and my pick of the bunch for this tournament is rashford. I reckon the lad is gonna explode on the WC. A lot of lads there with goals in them and most are so young. Exciting team. 

47 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I think they will. A lot of players in this team capable and hungry. Kane, alli, sterling, wellbeck (in an England shirt) vardy and lingard and my pick of the bunch for this tournament is rashford. I reckon the lad is gonna explode on the WC. A lot of lads there with goals in them and most are so young. Exciting team. 

Rashford will be lucky to get much game time but England have a decent chance if the players are given a free chance to express themselves.

30 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Rashford will be lucky to get much game time but England have a decent chance if the players are given a free chance to express themselves.

I reckon he will play in every game but maybe not start. 

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

This has the look of a very capable team for four years time.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A good way to judge the quality of this England team. Consider how many of them you'd actually want playing for your own team. Not that many I reckon.

Its well known you don't rate anyone with a British passport lol.

29 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Its well known you don't rate anyone with a British passport lol.

36 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

A good way to judge the quality of this England team. Consider how many of them you'd actually want playing for your own team. Not that many I reckon.

In fairness you seem to have a very different opinion of players than anyone else.  

33 minutes ago, carmine said:

In fairness you seem to have a very different opinion of players than anyone else.  

That's  a grossly incorrect statement  from you.

A correct statement  might be "In fairness you and i seem to have a very different opinion of players."

So then of the squad players which ones would  you  want at Tottenham ?

17 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

For me, obviously  apart from the 4 players already at City, the only player from the squad I'd  like at City would be Nick Pope who looks a great prospect.

LMAO yes of course you wouldn't want Alli or Kane.

Sure thing. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

That's  a grossly incorrect statement  from you.

A correct statement  might be "In fairness you and i seem to have a very different opinion of players."

So then of the squad players which ones would  you  want at Tottenham ?

I haven't given it any thought.  Its the sort of discussion i'd have had when i was a ten year old. ?

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

I haven't given it any thought.  Its the sort of discussion i'd have had when i was a ten year old. ?

To be fair he has probably been having the discussion with his 10 year old and his wife !?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair he has probably been having the discussion with his 10 year old and his wife !?

Next we'll be asked to discuss who our favorite player is in the City team!!?

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

My favourite England player is Harry Kane.

I have a pullout of him from Shoot on my bedroom wall too! ?

Theres no English player that would get in the City side because they're the best team ever in the history of football.  ?

• Haha 1