Thailand attack: British family 'vow never to return' after savage street attack

webfact

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

None of what you have written is even remotely credible Bender, for example:

"accident and crime against tourists happen in the western world but its mostly petty crime".

And your much jaded stats include Road Traffic Accident deaths and injuries which we all know are very high here.

If you just want to damn Thailand Bender then go ahead and rant and we'll all remain silent and sympathise that you had a hard time here during your holiday. But if you want to put up serious facts and comparisons about crime statistics, you need to do much much better in order to become just a little bit believable.

Edited by chiang mai

A post containing an inflammatory comment directed at other members has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Discuss the topic NOT the poster.

No real secret that the dominant Left Wing Media in the West (including Australia) has had Thailand in its sights ever since the 'Sheriff' ran Khun Taksin and his 'democratically' elected government out of dodge. They hate it.

Editing the video has been done to suit their agenda and to remove any blame or doubt whatsoever from these poor hard done-by, innocent farang tourists who were targeted in a premeditated attack by racist Thai thugs.

It suits their ongoing campaign of the demonisation of Thailand. Meanwhile the tourists just keep flooding in.

Whilst one can never condone what happened to the elderly lady. But in a drunken bar fight the Marquess of Queensberry rules are rarely, if ever, observed.

The elderly women assaulted the Thai first, in the belief she was safe from any form of retaliation as it would be totally out of character for a young Thai to respond with violence to a person of her age and gender. She was wrong.

If you wish to avoid trouble then don't put yourself in a place where you are likely to get it. Walk away. Get out.

Being 'frequent' visitors to the Kingdom they should have known better.

'Dominant Left Wing Media'. Are you serious? Murdoch a lefty? The Daily Mail - Left Wing?

No but banned here. So very anti Thai these days hardly a day goes by when they don't run a story knocking Thailand

You can say anything u like to me I will not hit you. I dont care. Insult my mum, my sister, my gf. I dont care. All the machos on this very forum, geriatrics, quite funny. And quite pathetic. 555

Might want to include: if a 65 year old woman slaps me, I will just laugh and walk away, no doubt muttering choice phrases, rather than beat the crap out of her.

Only low life scum would do that.

Edited by Bluespunk

You can say anything u like to me I will not hit you. I dont care. Insult my mum, my sister, my gf. I dont care. All the machos on this very forum, geriatrics, quite funny. And quite pathetic. 555

Might want to include: if a 65 year old woman slaps me, I will just laugh and walk away, no doubt muttering choice phrases, rather than beat the crap out of her.

True. But then we were not slabbed by a geriatric but some young Thai lowlives were. In other words: apples and oranges. I can not stress this enough. It's scum versus scum in this story. Old white trash hits young yellow trash and vice versa. Somnamnààààààààà. coffee1.gif

Edited by Mook23

True. But then we were not slabbed by a geriatric but some young Thai lowlives were. In other words: apples and oranges. I can not stress this enough. It's scum versus scum in this story. Old white trash hits young yellow trash and vice versa. Somnamnààààààààà. coffee1.gif

No, they're not the same. Anyone who assaults pensioners in this manner are the lowest form of scum.

Nothing can justify or explain away their vile behaviour.

Nothing.

Edited by Bluespunk

It is brutal but that the thai way, under the false smiles & wai's many are very violent & any fight is real serious.

I was involved in one at huay kwang which kicked off between drunk thai taxi-vs-tuk-tuk guys & then turned into me the gf & 2 thai friends being involved, knives off the food stalls came into play & smashed bottles, only thing that saved us injury was fact we not drunk & I had a heavy wood stool rather than plastic stool which took out the the guy with the knife. I don't drink, I not a bar stool guy & i'm generally calm & polite & this only agro I ever had here & actually had nothing to do with us besides being to close to bunch of drunk thais.

You got be careful here as when trouble comes it comes big . fights always end real nasty so avoid at all cost or be prepared hurt them bad & quickly or you'll be close to dead ...

Other problem here is police 100% useless, they get involved & in most cases will just cause you hassle & expense & no justice ...

Last problem is most of us farang don't have medical cover & a good beating or stabbing could cost you or family big financially ...

To my mind the last few seconds are the really troubling part. Up to then it is the family and the 2 original Thais and there is no question the Brits unnecessarily and very unwisely escalated the situation. But where did those other thugs come from? Looks like pure opportunistic, violent hatred to me and totally unjustified by what had gone before.

How much of this violence and hatred is lurking just below the surface all around us? We should all be very careful out there.

For me that is the worrying thing about this violence, mainly because I have seen at first hand here in Phuket. A harmless looking backpacker was being harassed by the ping-pong show touts and I believe he pushed one away, which resulted in a face-to-face argument between the two of them. Within a few seconds another one of the touts had come out of nowhere and smashed the guy in the face with a king hit, and this was immediately followed by about another half a dozen Thais wading in at the same time.

The guy covered his face the best he could and took shelter in the corner of convenience store wall but the attack still kept coming and it wasn't until a couple of farang girls pushed their way in front of the backpacker that the beating stopped.

He was cut and bleeding round the face and was very unsteady on his feet. He was helped away by a few people and the thugs (the touts) mingled in with the crowds again.

The reason why he wasn't helped was because there were too many Thai thugs attacking him and if it hadn't been for the bravery of the two young farang girls, I believe he would have been in a serious condition. For the record a Thai policeman arrived on the scene just a couple of minutes later and spoke to a few Thais and was also able to see the condition of the backpacker, but after speaking further to the surrounding Thais, he just walked away.

I saw the same thing a few years ago where a gang of young Thais attacked an Italian restaurant owner, six of them armed with lumps of wood and chains and just one of him.

Now more than ever I sense this "violence and hatred" lurking beneath the surface and I have mentioned it in other posts because there is a certain "edge/tension" to tourist places like Phuket (Hua Hin also?) which just wasn't there before.

I suggest if you stay away from the bar/red light areas and anywhere drinking is the main past time then you wont "sense this violence and hatred" as much.

Edited by Spaniel

No, they're not the same. Anyone who assaults pensioners in this manner are the lowest form of scum.

Nothing can justify or explain away their vile behaviour.

Nothing.

But, but,....... we were drunk/high on drugs your honour! Oh . that's OK then - you need help! B&**(((t!

Thank goodness the British media and others have well publicized this tragic and brutal attack.

Yes. Let this be a warning to tourists not to push, slap and punch Thai guys because they can be brutal when provoked.

Yep providing they outnumber you and are battling old pensioners. Brave heroes aren't they just.

When they're alone they can be brave too, as long they're in a car and you're on foot/bike/motorbike or if you're a puppy, they can be brave then too.

Lewis said he was not sure why they were attacked.

“I didn’t know them, it was just random,” he said.

It wasn't 'random', they were beaten up because the mother slapped one Thai man in the face and the father punched another one while the son held him from behind. The clip being shown in the UK edits out all this, but it can be seen clearly in the full clip that the Brits throw the first punches.

Well that throws the whole thing into a rather different light, doesn't it! What started it though, to escalate that far?

The beating of the British tourists recently was obviously a horrible and regretful occurrence, but some are judging an entire nation based on the actions of a few people. Don't overgeneralize! Those who know Thai people well know that most Thais are very kindhearted people. Also, don't act like this stuff doesn't happen in other countries including America and Great Britain. There are thugs everywhere!

Cr.Arjan Adam B.

To my mind the last few seconds are the really troubling part. Up to then it is the family and the 2 original Thais and there is no question the Brits unnecessarily and very unwisely escalated the situation. But where did those other thugs come from? Looks like pure opportunistic, violent hatred to me and totally unjustified by what had gone before.

How much of this violence and hatred is lurking just below the surface all around us? We should all be very careful out there.

For me that is the worrying thing about this violence, mainly because I have seen at first hand here in Phuket. A harmless looking backpacker was being harassed by the ping-pong show touts and I believe he pushed one away, which resulted in a face-to-face argument between the two of them. Within a few seconds another one of the touts had come out of nowhere and smashed the guy in the face with a king hit, and this was immediately followed by about another half a dozen Thais wading in at the same time.

The guy covered his face the best he could and took shelter in the corner of convenience store wall but the attack still kept coming and it wasn't until a couple of farang girls pushed their way in front of the backpacker that the beating stopped.

He was cut and bleeding round the face and was very unsteady on his feet. He was helped away by a few people and the thugs (the touts) mingled in with the crowds again.

The reason why he wasn't helped was because there were too many Thai thugs attacking him and if it hadn't been for the bravery of the two young farang girls, I believe he would have been in a serious condition. For the record a Thai policeman arrived on the scene just a couple of minutes later and spoke to a few Thais and was also able to see the condition of the backpacker, but after speaking further to the surrounding Thais, he just walked away.

I saw the same thing a few years ago where a gang of young Thais attacked an Italian restaurant owner, six of them armed with lumps of wood and chains and just one of him.

Now more than ever I sense this "violence and hatred" lurking beneath the surface and I have mentioned it in other posts because there is a certain "edge/tension" to tourist places like Phuket (Hua Hin also?) which just wasn't there before.

I suggest if you stay away from the bar/red light areas and anywhere drinking is the main past time then you wont "sense this violence and hatred" as much.

Good idea,let`s go on holiday and be tucked up in bed by 21.30.

The beating of the British tourists recently was obviously a horrible and regretful occurrence, but some are judging an entire nation based on the actions of a few people. Don't overgeneralize! Those who know Thai people well know that most Thais are very kindhearted people. Also, don't act like this stuff doesn't happen in other countries including America and Great Britain. There are thugs everywhere!

Cr.Arjan Adam B.

About 30% of the Thai men I know would be capable of that, or something similar.

Around 50% of all the Thai men I have met are carrying a loaded gun in their belly bags.

Wife/gf/child beating is incredibly common in Thailand, as is gang membership.

Probably more Thai men have been in a street gang than haven't.

Edited by BritManToo

Cr.Arjan Adam B.

About 30% of the Thai men I know would be capable of that, or something similar.

Around 50% of all the Thai men I have met are carrying a loaded gun in their belly bags.

I think you have to improve your circle of acquaintances, people with Intelligence and common sense stay away from this kind of environment.

Cr.Arjan Adam B.

For me just 1% of all the Thai men I have met are carrying a gun. They are the police. I think that Thai men you have met are depend on the place you go.

To all the ThaiVisa commentators advising that people stay away from Thailand, how many of you will follow your own advice and either leave Thailand, or if like most, you don't live here, will never come back to Thailand again ?

Thought so.

Leaving in August to get my MSc in the UK then emigrating to NZ where I can get on the property ladder and own land legally...

You may suggest anything you like, however you did put a proviso on your post in as much as you said that I won't "sense this this violence and hatred" as much If I stay away from certain areas.

I'm afraid to say it is widespread in Patong and well away from the aforementioned area, and IMO it is as a result of the falling spend by tourists which affects just about every Thai, and I've lost count of the times I have been glared at by the likes of a motorbike taxi driver, stating, "you farang, you have big money" with one of them actually asking for some money because he had only a few customers that day.

I've been coming here for 12 years and living here full-time for 10 years and without a doubt there has been a change.

Its a different issue altogether what happen to the Aussie in the news. According to the news you posted, Yes I have to agree it is very unfair to Aussie. I cringe alot of times at the thought of efficiency of RTP in many other separate cases.

The young Brit left becos he has to work in Singapore.

The British family has suffered enough as a consequences of their actions and I believe that is enough, even though I don't agree to their misbehaviour, I wouldn't want to see them prosecuted for starting the fight.

Even though the Law is just. I am glad the stupidity of the RTP has missed what the British family really did. Now the RTP only wants to catch n punish the Thai Thugs.

I wish to see RTP prosecuted the Thai Thugs that attack this British family to the full extent of the Thai law. Not just a fine. Jail them each for a few years.

Quote: "Even though the Law is just.........."

Where on earth did that come from.......the law here is nothing like "just", with corruption rife amongst the BIB and others, not to mention the judiciary system where power, status and money will buy you anything and I mean anything.

It will be interesting to see what the sentence is for these guys and even if the BIB were to view the video and see that the old girl slapped a much younger Thai man, just what do you think her sentence would be? I'm guessing just a telling off, whereas these thugs need to be put away. Trading punches and a kick in the head to an old-age pensioner, for a slap, says more about this country, its values and its youth than anything else (well perhaps it doesn't as the myriad of stories about wealthy brats getting away with murder, Red Bull heir, Exotic motorcar dealer's son, Koh Tao fiasco etc etc, say just as much).

Absolutely deplorable actions from a bunch of low life scum and no amount of, "well she started it with a slap" from the apologists here will detract from the fact that an old-age pensioner was punched to the ground and kicked in the head by someone less than half her age, and if you really want to carry on, then there is absolutely no reason on earth why the Thai scum should kick the woman in the head when she was already almost out of it.......cowardice prevails amongst Thai men and we see it time and time again.

the law is always just. Its up to the police n the justice system to uphold it. In thailand sadly, the police n courts here r not. N i never defend the thais read my comments properly. I condemn their actions. Its disgusting what they did. I sympathise with the plight of the old lady, but i cannot agree with their actions too before they got attacked. B4 u quote me, pls kindly read wat i post b4 u misquote me. Thank u. I only post what i did as a kind advice that behave yourself no matter where u r n chances of misfortune happening to u will be much less.

A bit of a dilemma there, because a law/the laws which are not enforced are of no use whatsoever, so cannot be seen as "just". This especially here when the law as it stands here can be manipulated, bought, bent and broken by anyone who has the money or power to do so, in which case the law is not just, but is meaningless and useless, as we have found out many, many times.

I actually quoted you fully, using a full sentence, so there was no intention to misquote and I'm sorry you saw it that way.

Thailand is a great place to live. I have been married here 7 years and have two children. I have a fantastic wife. I live in the countryside in the south a few hours north of the Malay border. The Thai family treat me well. I don't go to the tourist trap areas. I don't drink in those places especially not late at night. You risk meeting bad people who are looking for trouble.

I also have a home in the UK. It is a great place too. I don't drink in places where you get people looking for trouble. Also not late a night. My home is in the countryside.

I must say that I feel much much safer in Thailand. Especially away from the big cities. In the UK there is more aggression. People looking for trouble. More confrontation. Mostly bravado. Mostly bullshit.

In Thailand if you stay away from the tourist areas, if you are not drunk in public, if you treat people with respect; then you will be OK and have a good time.

In Thailand when Thais fight then they fight to kill. They carry guns. They carry a knife.

Never fight in Thailand unless your life absolutely depends on it.

If a Thai is looking for trouble (usually they are drunk or have mental health problems) then walk away. They rarely pursue you.

Get out of the cities in Thailand and see the real Thailand. Its beautiful !

Real Thailand? What is it? A market with blue plastic chairs? A village where according to many posters who live there all kind of demented sexual stuff happens?Are you saying I live in fake Thailand because I live in Bangkok? I am confused about this statement.

Yes, I would say that you live in fake Thailand. Once you get away from all the Westernisation, the fake advertising, the western malls, the hordes of people, the tourist ghettos and find yourself as a part of the local community where people, read strangers, welcome you with a smile and a Sawasdee and want nothing in return, you will find yourself in a different world altogether. Try it someday, you might like it.

True almost in every country I have been to. Rural folk are more friendly. But is New York less American than small town America? The poster who indicates that all of Thailand is not the real Thailand is wrong, in my opinion. London... Paris... Tokyo..

Bangkok- what country are they then?

Hello people this is my first post and probably my last I dont know if anybody apart from the moderators will ever see it

The reason for this will be revealed to all and sundry in the last line or two

It involves extreme violence I am offering this post up to you fellow members in the hope it will go some way to reduce future violence

Yes you are perfectly correct and I dont know either but I live and travel in hope

I feel I must tell you that I dont live in Thailand I actually live in Malaysia and have done so for approximately twenty years

I can hold my hand on my heart and say the only reason for that choice is because I can legally own the land our home stands on

I travel regularly and extensively all over S E Asia including Thailand as the rate of knots I go through UK passports will confirm

I do not have an axe to grind or a torch to hold for any country and that includes the UK

And so to the point of this post and who knows there might be members out there with a lot of patience and staying power if so I wont be talking to myself because you will still be here

This is to all those members who claim that these type of incidents happen all over the world

I personally dont disagree with that opinion because the violence in our world is way out of control

Where I do disagree my fellow members and disagree most strongly is when that opinion is used to justify or defend in any shape or form similar violent events which occur in your own back yard so to speak

As an englishman I have seen and been involved in more than my fair share of mindless violence

I am man enough to admit that I gave it up at an early age because I soon became tired of coming in second plus nights in cells and £5 fines which were more than a weeks wages for me when I was16/17 in the very early sixties

Not least my mother and father were at their wits end

I have had a very bad day today I did something I have not done for the last five years I bought a english language malaysian newspaper

This papers name is the Star on opening it the first thing that caught my eye was a report of a fatal road rage incident

I can only recall 2/3 such incidents over the period I have been here in Malaysia

My wife takes at least one chinese language newspaper per day and unfortunately keeps me up to date with daily events the report was also in there so no chance of me not hearing all about it

So members here are the facts that have been released by the Royal Malaysian Police up to press so to speak

At approximately 1 AM friday 29 april after a minor traffic accident a 39 year old Malaysian civil servant [ I have chosen to omit his name the police nor the tabloid did this ] was allegedly attacked

On receiving several emergency calls that claimed one person was being attacked by three people with two others watching police units were dispatched

On arrival at the scene the police found five people standing around who were obviously unaware that the sixth person involved in this incident

had died on the spot

These are claimed to be the words of a very senior police officer as reported by the Star newspaper

After a check of the body which showed the victim had suffered a stab wound to the back which the police believe was inflicted with a screwdriver plus injuries to the back of the head which they think were caused by a rock

The five alleged attackers were arrested they are being held on a seven day remand while the police investigate

The five are being investigated under Section 302 of the penal code for murder which carries the mandatory death penalty in Malaysia

The police are asking for eyewitnesses or anybody who has any information to come forward

The police said all the suspects are in their twenties

Two of the suspects are Malaysian males

One of the suspects is a Thai male

The other two suspects are Thai females

Dont be in any doubt fellow members about how sad this all is

Dont be in any doubt fellow members that this will all end in tears for more families than the deceased because this happened in Malaysia not Thailand

What I mean by that is that the penal code is far more severe in Malaysia than Thailand

Although the police released the deceased name there was no further details as in wife or children

Thailand is a great place to live. I have been married here 7 years and have two children. I have a fantastic wife. I live in the countryside in the south a few hours north of the Malay border. The Thai family treat me well. I don't go to the tourist trap areas. I don't drink in those places especially not late at night. You risk meeting bad people who are looking for trouble.

I also have a home in the UK. It is a great place too. I don't drink in places where you get people looking for trouble. Also not late a night. My home is in the countryside.

I must say that I feel much much safer in Thailand. Especially away from the big cities. In the UK there is more aggression. People looking for trouble. More confrontation. Mostly bravado. Mostly bullshit.

In Thailand if you stay away from the tourist areas, if you are not drunk in public, if you treat people with respect; then you will be OK and have a good time.

In Thailand when Thais fight then they fight to kill. They carry guns. They carry a knife.

Never fight in Thailand unless your life absolutely depends on it.

If a Thai is looking for trouble (usually they are drunk or have mental health problems) then walk away. They rarely pursue you.

Get out of the cities in Thailand and see the real Thailand. Its beautiful !

Real Thailand? What is it? A market with blue plastic chairs? A village where according to many posters who live there all kind of demented sexual stuff happens?Are you saying I live in fake Thailand because I live in Bangkok? I am confused about this statement.

Yes, I would say that you live in fake Thailand. Once you get away from all the Westernisation, the fake advertising, the western malls, the hordes of people, the tourist ghettos and find yourself as a part of the local community where people, read strangers, welcome you with a smile and a Sawasdee and want nothing in return, you will find yourself in a different world altogether. Try it someday, you might like it.

No such thing as a fake Thailand. It's all real, the good and the bad. You just choose to live in a rural area.

I personally enjoy a medium sized city like Chiang Mai, where violence does happen but it isn't as common as it is around Costal cities and BKK.

In addition to most violence happening around booze, it also seems to happen more in Costal cities which attract a lower class of Thai. Take Pattaya, for example. I've never seen such scumbaggery in my life, both Thai and foreigner alike. It is not by chance that where there are more scumbags, there is more violence.

Thailand is no country for old men......... These young Thai men

are like jackals who attack the weak, and run away from the

the strong. Well unless there are 10 jackals against one farang.

I guess incidents like this will not affect Chinese tourism, but

am fairly certain it will make a dent in Brit tourism given the

airplay it has received. At this point the best spin control

Thailand could do is have a quick trial and put the attackers

in jail for 20 years for attempted murder. But any long term

expat knows that will never happen.......

Its a different issue altogether what happen to the Aussie in the news. According to the news you posted, Yes I have to agree it is very unfair to Aussie. I cringe alot of times at the thought of efficiency of RTP in many other separate cases.

The young Brit left becos he has to work in Singapore.

The British family has suffered enough as a consequences of their actions and I believe that is enough, even though I don't agree to their misbehaviour, I wouldn't want to see them prosecuted for starting the fight.

Even though the Law is just. I am glad the stupidity of the RTP has missed what the British family really did. Now the RTP only wants to catch n punish the Thai Thugs.

I wish to see RTP prosecuted the Thai Thugs that attack this British family to the full extent of the Thai law. Not just a fine. Jail them each for a few years.

Quote: "Even though the Law is just.........."

Where on earth did that come from.......the law here is nothing like "just", with corruption rife amongst the BIB and others, not to mention the judiciary system where power, status and money will buy you anything and I mean anything.

It will be interesting to see what the sentence is for these guys and even if the BIB were to view the video and see that the old girl slapped a much younger Thai man, just what do you think her sentence would be? I'm guessing just a telling off, whereas these thugs need to be put away. Trading punches and a kick in the head to an old-age pensioner, for a slap, says more about this country, its values and its youth than anything else (well perhaps it doesn't as the myriad of stories about wealthy brats getting away with murder, Red Bull heir, Exotic motorcar dealer's son, Koh Tao fiasco etc etc, say just as much).

Absolutely deplorable actions from a bunch of low life scum and no amount of, "well she started it with a slap" from the apologists here will detract from the fact that an old-age pensioner was punched to the ground and kicked in the head by someone less than half her age, and if you really want to carry on, then there is absolutely no reason on earth why the Thai scum should kick the woman in the head when she was already almost out of it.......cowardice prevails amongst Thai men and we see it time and time again.

the law is always just. Its up to the police n the justice system to uphold it. In thailand sadly, the police n courts here r not. N i never defend the thais read my comments properly. I condemn their actions. Its disgusting what they did. I sympathise with the plight of the old lady, but i cannot agree with their actions too before they got attacked. B4 u quote me, pls kindly read wat i post b4 u misquote me. Thank u. I only post what i did as a kind advice that behave yourself no matter where u r n chances of misfortune happening to u will be much less.

A bit of a dilemma there, because a law/the laws which are not enforced are of no use whatsoever, so cannot be seen as "just". This especially here when the law as it stands here can be manipulated, bought, bent and broken by anyone who has the money or power to do so, in which case the law is not just, but is meaningless and useless, as we have found out many, many times.

I actually quoted you fully, using a full sentence, so there was no intention to misquote and I'm sorry you saw it that way.

we all have our different views but they r actually very much the same. Just a different perspective n presentation of it. Joob joob ☺

Edited by Moonmoon