Got blacklisted and need help.

Hi - I got blacklisted for one year for overstaying my visa .

I was a teacher in the Rayong province for three years teaching in the same school . My school failed to extend my visa because of some mistakes on their part. In an effort to rectify this, the school paid for the overstay so I could go get a new "non B " but instead I got blacklisted.

What can I do to return to Thailand?

I really want to reunite with my Thai fiancé.Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From previous posts it appears a school obtained a fake visa/entry so a bit more than a normal overstay.

yes, there was also the problem of a fake visa . The school handled that their own way by destroying my passport and getting an emergency travel document.

Where did you try to clear your overstay?

You should contact the school to see if they can do anything about it since it was clearly their fault since you ended up with a fake extesnion stamp according to your posts in another topic.

• Like 2

Did you get blacklisted after the 20th March deadline?

yes, I got blacklisted just about 3 weeks ago .

Have you thought about teaching in Laos for a while until you can come back?

So did you get blacklisted for overstay or having a fake visa?

• Like 1

You should contact the school to see if they can do anything about it since it was clearly their fault since you ended up with a fake extesnion stamp according to your posts in another topic.

The school tried to clear the overstay but couldn't find an agency that could handle the case and also because I have no embassy in Thailand. I tried reporting to the police but my school stopped me. They told me reporting the situation to the police would have led me to jail. So I let them have it their way. I've been thinking about it now and I've just found out that they were trying to save their own heads . They also cautioned me not to tell the immigration there at Suvarnabhumi the truth - I will like to know if it's possible to get a lawyer and sort things out ? Thanks.
  • Like 1

Did you get blacklisted after the 20th March deadline?

yes, I got blacklisted just about 3 weeks ago .

Have you thought about teaching in Laos for a while until you can come back?

So did you get blacklisted for overstay or having a fake visa?
I got blacklisted for overstay . About teaching in Laos, that can be a good option but I don't know how to go about it. Also, getting a visa in a virgin passport from my country is an uphill task. Im going to work on that if I can't return to Thailand. Thank you very much for being so helpful.
  • Like 1

The school tried to clear the overstay but couldn't find an agency that could handle the case and also because I have no embassy in Thailand. I tried reporting to the police but my school stopped me. They told me reporting the situation to the police would have led me to jail. So I let them have it their way. I've been thinking about it now and I've just found out that they were trying to save their own heads . They also cautioned me not to tell the immigration there at Suvarnabhumi the truth - I will like to know if it's possible to get a lawyer and sort things out ? Thanks.

You could try with a lawyer but it could be costly.

How long of an overstay did you have that is shown on the overstay stamp? I would be interested in seeing the blacklist stamp if you could scan it or take picture of it.

• Like 1

"What can I do to return to Thailand?"

Change of name and new passport. Illegal entry.

Otherwise find a job in Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos?

I have a new passport with a new passport number but same name . Can that help?

You could try with a lawyer but it could be costly.

How long of an overstay did you have that is shown on the overstay stamp? I would be interested in seeing the blacklist stamp if you could scan it or take picture of it.

The overstay is 9months. For the stamp pic, I can send it tmr since I don't have the document carrying the stamp with me at the moment.
  • Like 1

The new passport is linked to the old passport.

How did the school get away with destroying your passport?

• Like 2

The new passport is linked to the old passport.

How did the school get away with destroying your passport?

Easy the OP allowed the passport to be destroyed.

• Like 2

You decided to accept the school's advice to become an accessory to immigration fraud. That, I am pretty sure was why you were blacklisted. If you had followed my advice at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906754-i-am-about-to-clear-8-years-overstay-do-i-need-a-lawyer-just-in-case/?p=10598208

Understand this: the school's interests and your own do not coincide at this point. Also, to date, you have done nothing criminal, and (after investigation) immigration will probably believe you. If at all possible, get your passport. In any event, contact an immigration lawyer, tell him all the facts, and have him advise you on the best course of action. My instinct is that you should report the school for what they have done. This will not help your future employment prospects, but you do not want to be an accessory to immigration fraud.

I think immigration would have been sympathetic and (after a lot of to and fro) you would likely have been fined but not blacklisted.

As things stand now, I think you are lucky to have got away with a one-year blacklisting.

• Like 2

You decided to accept the school's advice to become an accessory to immigration fraud. That, I am pretty sure was why you were blacklisted. If you had followed my advice at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906754-i-am-about-to-clear-8-years-overstay-do-i-need-a-lawyer-just-in-case/?p=10598208

Understand this: the school's interests and your own do not coincide at this point. Also, to date, you have done nothing criminal, and (after investigation) immigration will probably believe you. If at all possible, get your passport. In any event, contact an immigration lawyer, tell him all the facts, and have him advise you on the best course of action. My instinct is that you should report the school for what they have done. This will not help your future employment prospects, but you do not want to be an accessory to immigration fraud.

I think immigration would have been sympathetic and (after a lot of to and fro) you would likely have been fined but not blacklisted.

As things stand now, I think you are lucky to have got away with a one-year blacklisting.

I don't think immigration was aware of the fake stamp. All they saw was a new empty temporary passport and according to their database he was on XXX number of days overstay.

• Like 1

No. Your name is on a blacklist. The computer will recognize your name, then officials will open the file and your picture and other details will spring out. You will be detained if you try entering the country.

Change the name and the computer will not "see" you.

• Like 1

Your story has the ring of truth, and I feel sorry for you. There are some strange aspects though.

First, the school was acting illegally in holding your passport. Under Thai law, you are required to have it on your person at all times.

Second, the role of Rayong immigration is very puzzling. If they had no role in the original fraud, why would they involve themselves by recommending illegal activities?

I strongly suspect that there are aspects that the school has not shared with you. It is good that they have tried to prevent you suffering financial hardship as a result, but I think that is motivated more by self preservation than any moral sense.

Good luck

!

Thank you for your contribution. I know it is a very complicated story. I do not understand why the immigration supported illegal measures either. I strongly believe there are aspects the school has not shared with me. That's why I'm here. I need advice on what to do. I took some footages on every step they took that also covers some of the conversation they had. Maybe I can use that against the school.

Edited by ubonjoe
fixed quoting error by removing the excess and uneeded quotes only 4 are allowed
  • Like 1