Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Chelsea have only played top 5 opposition twice in the epl this season - won one (Arsenal) and lost one (Man City). However I think players like Drogba and Anelka rise to the big occasion. My hunch 1-2 or 1-1.

Prefer a point sapping drawer of course and with that rider, the more the merrier.

Chelsea have only played top 5 opposition twice in the epl this season - won one (Arsenal) and lost one (Man City). However I think players like Drogba and Anelka rise to the big occasion. My hunch 1-2 or 1-1.

Prefer a point sapping drawer of course and with that rider, the more the merrier.

Aye that there is our worry.....Drogba mainly......give him an inch and its a goal.....I'll only relax if we're 3-0 up.....which I admit with Cech in goal is unlikely.

Lampard - We can win league :)

Frank Lampard has 'no doubt' Chelsea can retain their Premier League title if they can repeat their performance at Spurs.

Lampard made a welcome return to action for Chelsea after three-and-a-half months out during the final 12 minutes of Sunday's 1-1 draw at Tottenham.

The 32-year-old believes that if Chelsea can maintain the level of performance they showed at White Hart Lane they will retain their crown.

The talismanic midfielder has returned in the middle of Chelsea's worst run of form for a decade, with just one win in their last seven in all competitions.

Yet despite results not going their way, Lampard is confident Chelsea will be in pole position at the end of the season.

"If we play with the spirit we played, I have no doubt we'll win the league because we've got quality in our team," Lampard told Chelsea TV.

"Injuries have been tough on us, but if we play like that, I've got all the confidence that we can do it.

"It's very tough. We have to fight on a few fronts. Man City are there now; Man United, Arsenalas we know; teams like Tottenham are pushing behind.

"So we have got to be at our best. But I think if we are at our best then I think we can go and win it."

• 2 weeks later...

Haha thanks smokie, I'm touched.....and yes very good day! :D

Chelsea squad weaker than previous seasons - John Terry

Chelsea captain John Terry does not believe the club's squad is as strong as in previous campaigns.

The Blues have gone five league games without a win in a season when Terry, Frank Lampard and Michael Essien have each had spells out injured.

"In the past, we had a big squad and could rotate and put other players in," Terry, 30, told the Chelsea website.

"We don't have that now, we have quite a young squad and it's a time for us all to stay together like we will."

Chelsea's last game against Manchester United was called off because of the adverse weather conditions and their next fixture will be a trip to the Emirates to face Arsenal on Monday.

Centre-back Terry is expected to play in the match along with midfielders Lampard and Essien as the Stamford Bridge side try to get their Premier League title defence back on track.

The club's recent poor run has left them trailing league leaders Manchester United by three points and they are a point behind Arsenal and Manchester City.

However, manager Carlo Ancelotti's side showed signs of improvement in their last outing as they drew 1-1 at Tottenham on 12 December and Terry is confident Chelsea can start to make up ground with continued progress.

"Once we've turned that corner, we can move on from there and wait for other teams to slip up, which they will do," he said.

This season has been marked by the top-flight's leading teams continually dropping points but Terry has cited last term's league title victory as evidence his side can still turn their season, which started so promisingly, back around.

"Recent form isn't something you can pinpoint, but we know it hasn't been good enough and we'll improve," he added.

"Teams go through bad spells throughout the season.

"Arsenal have dropped points at home, and we've done the same, games we should have won.

"Sunderland at home [losing 3-0] was a poor performance but I don't think, overall, too much has gone wrong; we've had some tough games.

"We dropped points against Everton last year, we lost at Tottenham last year and still came out champions."

Haha thanks smokie, I'm touched.....and yes very good day! :D

Chelsea squad weaker than previous seasons - John Terry

Chelsea captain John Terry does not believe the club's squad is as strong as in previous campaigns.

The Blues have gone five league games without a win in a season when Terry, Frank Lampard and Michael Essien have each had spells out injured.

"In the past, we had a big squad and could rotate and put other players in," Terry, 30, told the Chelsea website.

"We don't have that now, we have quite a young squad and it's a time for us all to stay together like we will."

Chelsea's last game against Manchester United was called off because of the adverse weather conditions and their next fixture will be a trip to the Emirates to face Arsenal on Monday.

Centre-back Terry is expected to play in the match along with midfielders Lampard and Essien as the Stamford Bridge side try to get their Premier League title defence back on track.

The club's recent poor run has left them trailing league leaders Manchester United by three points and they are a point behind Arsenal and Manchester City.

However, manager Carlo Ancelotti's side showed signs of improvement in their last outing as they drew 1-1 at Tottenham on 12 December and Terry is confident Chelsea can start to make up ground with continued progress.

"Once we've turned that corner, we can move on from there and wait for other teams to slip up, which they will do," he said.

This season has been marked by the top-flight's leading teams continually dropping points but Terry has cited last term's league title victory as evidence his side can still turn their season, which started so promisingly, back around.

"Recent form isn't something you can pinpoint, but we know it hasn't been good enough and we'll improve," he added.

"Teams go through bad spells throughout the season.

"Arsenal have dropped points at home, and we've done the same, games we should have won.

"Sunderland at home [losing 3-0] was a poor performance but I don't think, overall, too much has gone wrong; we've had some tough games.

"We dropped points against Everton last year, we lost at Tottenham last year and still came out champions."

not as big a squad as last year? oh I guess he means J.Cole who is lighting up the score sheet in LP.

Merry Xmas one and all :jap:

Cole issues Chelsea warning

Ashley Cole has warned that Chelsea could soon be back to their best as their big guns are set to return to the firing line.

The defending champions made a stunning start to the season, winning their first six games and scoring 25 goals in the process.

Injuries to key players such as John Terry,Frank Lampard and Michael Essien then hit them hard and the Blues have won just one of their last seven Premier League games.

That is Chelsea's worst run in the league for more than a decade and has seen them slump from top spot to fourth place.

But Carlo Ancelotti's side are expected to be at full strength for the first time in four months as they make the short trip to face title rivals Arsenal on Monday night.

And England left-back Cole is confident the Blues can reignite their title defence with a victory over his former club.

"We've been disappointing in our last six games and it's a big contrast to how we started the season, but we have a lot of big players back to fitness and it's going to give us a boost," he told Chelsea TV.

"Any team who has their top players out is going to be affected. The players who have come in have done a good job but you're always going to miss JT, Lamps and Essien. We seem to play better when they are all in the team; hopefully we can start to push on.

"They're major players for us and we have missed their personalities, desire, will to win and leadership."

Chelsea have done enough to deserve better in some recent games but Cole has urged them to leave nothing to chance and make up the lost ground as they head into a busy schedule over New Year.

"We have been unlucky in games, even though we haven't been playing well," he added. "We have still had a lot of shots and chances.

"It has not gone our way but, now the big guys are back, hopefully we can turn our season around because it is getting to the important part.

"We're fourth in the table; we have to get back on track and start winning again."

Why do some people call me James? not my name.

I can't explain it fully here I'm afraid. Go to the Crossbar on Soi 23 and ask for BigToe......he will be able to set us all straight.....James. :D

Smokes hasnt been the same since he celebrated his 21st b-day it seems. (note to self = stop drinking out of aluminum cans)

Come on Chels sort out this mess!, the way we are playing we would be lucky to finish in the top 4! :realangry:

Carlo delivers wake-up call

Carlo Ancelotti admits he and his Chelsea side must 'wake up' ahead of their midweek visit of Bolton.

The defending champions' recent slump in form continued on Monday night as they suffered a 3-1 defeat at Arsenal to leave them fourth in the Premier League.

Ancelotti's men are now without a win in six league games, and could be leapfrogged in the standings by the in-form Trotters if they triumph at Stamford Bridge.

Sixth-placed Bolton are likely to be brimming with confidence heading to the capital following a 2-0 Boxing Day triumph over West Brom, and Ancelotti knows his side need to pull together if they want to get their title defence back on track.

"We have to wake up," Ancelotti told Chelsea'sofficial website. "Now we are sleeping and maybe I have to be the first to wake up.

"We have to pay attention because Bolton had one more day of recovery.

"It is true they (Chelsea) are not playing well. I think the only way we can do is to work, have good sessions.

"We worked well the last two weeks and maybe we can show this in the next game against Bolton.

"It is not important that Bolton is doing a very good season but for us it is important to win, to improve our table and come back to win."

Ancelotti, who won the Premier League and FA Cup double with Chelsea last season, has shrugged off suggestions that his squad is lacking in team spirit, adding: "These rumours are not true.

"Everyone knows that the moment is difficult, everyone is unable to do what usually they are able to do.

"Everyone is close with their team-mates. We won the double six months ago, it is impossible that everything changed."

The Italian boss is keen to utilise some of the younger members of his squad, such as Gael Kakuta, to combat injuries to his more experienced players, but is reluctant to put them under too much pressure.

He said: "I think I can use some young players, I have confidence in them. Kakuta played very well (against Arsenal), and also if some players are not able to recover I have to change.

"I think that it is a good mix. Obviously we have young players and have to stay quiet with them, to give them more experience.

"We lost confidence, lost games, it was difficult to put in young players to give them total responsibility. It's hard to put them on the pitch in a difficult moment."

I can't explain it fully here I'm afraid. Go to the Crossbar on Soi 23 and ask for BigToe......he will be able to set us all straight.....James. :D

Whats BigToe is that a cocktail?

You could always pm me Smokie ;)

Whats BigToe is that a cocktail?

You could always pm me Smokie ;)

Go and meet BigToe3 for a beer...he's one of your own...have you bothered to read ANY of the red thread?

Ah never mind....I believe ya now anyway. ;)

Cech - Carlo can cope

Petr Cech is confident Carlo Ancelotti can guide Chelsea through a sticky patch and bounce back stronger.

The Blues currently find themselves in a serious slump, taking just six points from their last eight Premier League games.

That sorry run is the club's worst since 1998 and easily their poorest stretch since Roman Abramovich took charge at Stamford Bridge.

Taking that into account, it comes as no surprise to hear that pressure may be mounting on Ancelotti's shoulders.

The Italian can, however, draw on past experiences of life in the spotlight and his first-choice keeper is confident that a difficult period can be overcome.

"You have to ask him (how Ancelotti is coping), but I think he's coping well. He's got lots of experience," said Cech.

"There was a lot of pressure when he was manager of AC Milan.

"Last season there was a period where there was a lot of pressure here and yet we turned things round and won the double. We will try to do the same thing."

A 3-1 defeat to Arsenal on Monday saw Chelsea lose further ground in the title race, but Cech believes they can still turn their season around.

"We can't find the same rhythm and are making wrong choices so you can see that we are making lots of wrong passes," he added.

"Every time we attack we are offside and are making mistakes too in the defensive third. This is exactly the reason why we are not winning games.

"The results have been bad over the last month and we have found ourselves in a circle. We made a mistake, we get punished and we don't score goals.

"This is the kind of period that sometimes you get in sport and it's up to us to overcome it. We will try to find a solution and keep working.

"We are not throwing the towel in yet because we know everything can change fast.

"But we know as well that if we keep going like this then we will have a bigger disappointment in terms of chasing the title.

"We just need to have one game where you get a bit of luck to win a game and suddenly everything changes."

Thank God for offside goals being given!!! :whistling:

We all need a bit of luck from time to time mate, hopefully now we can get our season back on track, we need a bigger and better performance against the Villa on Sunday though.

We all need a bit of luck from time to time mate, hopefully now we can get our season back on track, we need a bigger and better performance against the Villa on Sunday though.

What Ancelotti came out with after the Spurs game, that you echoed, about it being a confidence boosting performance, has surely been exposed in the last two games for the BS that it was. Haven't seen Chelsea play with this little confidence in a very long time.

Malouda looks half the player he was at the beginning of the season. Drogba is flat. Defence goes missing. Just as well you've got Villa next.

What Ancelotti came out with after the Spurs game, that you echoed, about it being a confidence boosting performance, has surely been exposed in the last two games for the BS that it was. Haven't seen Chelsea play with this little confidence in a very long time.

Malouda looks half the player he was at the beginning of the season. Drogba is flat. Defence goes missing. Just as well you've got Villa next.

Haha its called trying to be positive.....everyone knows we are playing poorly and below our usual standards so its just trying to raise our game!

Ha ha beat you to it.....

iaran Clark's injury-time goal earned Aston Villa a point after a pulsating finish to their game against Chelsea. Chelsea went ahead when Florent Malouda was fouled and Frank Lampard struck from the spot, before Ashley Young's penalty got Villa back on level terms.

Emile Heskey headed in to make it 2-1 to Villa before Didier Drogba slammed in from an angle and then John Terry slotted in late on to make it 3-2.

But there was still time for Clark to head in Marc Albrighton's cross.

It was a quite extraordinary conclusion to the game, reminiscent of the 4-4 draw these two teams played out in the same fixture on Boxing Day in 2007.

/* -1 && userAgent.search("version/3.") > -1) && !(userAgent.search("windows") > -1 && userAgent.search("safari") > -1 && userAgent.search("version/4.") > -1) && userAgent.search("android") == -1) { bbc.fmtj.av.emp.loadProxyPlayer("emp_9333547"); }else{ bbc.fmtj.av.emp.loadEmp("emp_9333547"); } });/*]]>*/_50641859_ancelotti_av640.jpg Click to play

Click to play

Ancelotti disappointed after draw

Villa were on course for a famous victory but they were foiled by Drogba six minutes from time and the roof nearly came off Stamford Bridge when Terry side-footed home soon after.

However, Clark's goal 55 seconds into stoppage time - which owed much to some schoolboy defending from the hosts - may have irreparably damaged Chelsea's title hopes, leaving the Blues six points behind leaders Manchester United having played a game more

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9324969.stm

:D :D :D

I hear Benitez is looking fo a new club to destroy....that's if you feel Carlo aint doing a good enough job. :)

When you consider what he did to Inter in just six months :o i reckon, if he took over next week, Chelsea could be relegated. :) Rafa...Chelski...relegation....nice ring to it.