Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Press trying desperately to make a mountain out of a molehill. They love chomping on a manager's bum when they smell blood. A good result tonight would put them back in their cages.

Mourinho has been confessing his undying love for the Blues again this week saying he has been the happiest he has ever been at the Bridge, it could well happen as Ancelotti would also love to manage his former club Roma.

I just want some consistancy, getting pretty bored of all the chopping and changing over the last few years.

Does Abramovich strike you as someone who would put his ego to one side & have Mourinho back then, cos he doesn't to me ??

Of course, it could happen if Abramovich was no long at the helm, in which case Mourinho's undying love would soon evaporate because he wouldn't have the Abramovich $$ to spend..:rolleyes:

Abramovich isn't a stupid man, he knows that with all the crap with Mourinho comes success, if he wanted nothing more to do with him once they parted company Roman wouldn't of bought Jose a £2million Ferrari :rolleyes:

Oh that old Chestnut aye, the old 2m Ferrari thing that you do in West London, yeah i forgot about that..

Such a <deleted> dreadful, shallow bunch of " shag my Pal's Wife " people & so horribly impressed by thinks like 2m Ferrari's, Mugs.. ..:D

Edit : PS : I'm gonna laugh my absolute t*ts off when your Club dies soon, good riddance to it to, always been sh*t, you just got lucky with a classless Russian who bought you success, that could have happened to anyone, special my arse..;)

You have a way with words Singh :lol:

"He was very disappointed with this, said sorry, made a mistake. It was an accident.

So he shot soemone then ??

But he said sorry so it's ok ??

What a pile of absolute w*nk...

Making a very big thing out of something very small, I'm sure a lot of the readers have had a play with an air rifle in the past, I have but luckily enough I didn't shoot anyone, accidents happen, thats it, end of story!

"He was very disappointed with this, said sorry, made a mistake. It was an accident.

So he shot soemone then ??

But he said sorry so it's ok ??

What a pile of absolute w*nk...

Making a very big thing out of something very small, I'm sure a lot of the readers have had a play with an air rifle in the past, I have but luckily enough I didn't shoot anyone, accidents happen, thats it, end of story!

Yeah of course, shooting someone is a minor..

Have you ever shagged the Mother of your best Pal's Child before though ??

Or ran over someone breaking their Leg & had your work thankfully cover it up ??

Edited by MSingh

Haha it was only a air rifle Singher, not like he has walked into the changing rooms with a desert eagle .50 and blew the kids head off is it.......who got ran over and broke their leg?

And no I haven't shagged any of my mates birds......have you head butted your junkie sister before?

Haha it was only a air rifle Singher, not like he has walked into the changing rooms with a desert eagle .50 and blew the kids head off is it.......who got ran over and broke their leg?

And no I haven't shagged any of my mates birds......have you head butted your junkie sister before?

He fired a gun.. end of story BUT with his record he should be Prosecuted for sure... He would be in Scotland

BT

:unsure:

Edit : Who do you reckon ?? Your <deleted> of a Captain of course, drove off too of course, Chelsea cover up again of course..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/17/john-terry-security-guard-car

Edited by MSingh

Edit : Who do you reckon ?? Your <deleted> of a Captain of course, drove off too of course, Chelsea cover up again of course..

http://www.guardian....urity-guard-car

God you're so prissy at times Singh :rolleyes:

http://www.guardian....urity-guard-car

God you're so prissy at times Singh :rolleyes:

But truthful..

Watching that gimp Gary Neville's reaction to the offside goal was priceless! haha

Chelsea 2 - 1 Man Utd

Frank Lampard rammed home a second-half penalty as Premier League champions Chelsea kept their title hopes alive by coming from behind to beat leaders Manchester United 2-1 in an absorbing encounter at Stamford Bridge.

England midfielder Lampard emphatically fired home from the spot 11 minutes from time to earn his team the points after substitute Yuri Zhirkov had fallen over Chris Smalling's outstretched leg.

The victory moves Chelsea to within 12 points of United, with a game in hand and a trip to Old Trafford to come later in the season, to leave the holders still dreaming of back-to-back crowns.

A high-octane contest in West London saw United head into half-time in front through a thumping low drive by Wayne Rooney, who had been cleared to play after escaping FA action for his elbow on James McCarthy in Saturday's win at Wigan Athletic.

United had largely been the better team in the first period, but Chelsea rallied after the interval and equalised on 54 minutes when January signing David Luiz volleyed home his first goal for the club.

Luiz was then fortunate not to pick up a second yellow card on 77 minutes for a trip on Rooney and, two minutes later, the Blues struck decisively when Zhirkov was felled by Smalling.

Zhirkov came close to a third goal as United struggled to respond and the visitors were reduced to 10 men in stoppage-time when Nemanja Vidic was shown a second yellow card for pulling back Ramires.

Vidic will now be suspended for Sunday's trip to arch-rivals Liverpool when United can ill-afford to lose in their quest for a record-breaking 19th top-flight title.

The annoyance for Sir Alex Ferguson would have been that Luiz appeared fortunate not to have been sent off for tripping Rooney moments before Lampard's winner, having already been booked.

Yet, that was only poetic justice given even the United boss felt his star striker was fortunate not to be banned for his elbow on McCarthy at the DW Stadium.

Until he found the net, the 25-year-old's notable involvement of a sustained purple patch for the visitors was to fluff a free header on the edge of the six-yard box.

Then he made the breakthrough. Allowed to creep away from the Chelsea defensive line by John Terry and the otherwise excellent Luiz, Rooney collected Nani's pass with his back to goal and spun round quickly.

Branislav Ivanovic recognised the danger but was powerless to do anything about it as Rooney took aim from 25 yards and beat Petr Cech with a ferocious shot that flew into the bottom corner.

Although Chelsea had plenty of possession and Ashley Cole was sarcastically urged to "shoot" by the visiting supporters, Florent Malouda had failed to capitalise on their one opening of note when he drilled a shot from Nicolas Anelka's cross straight at Van der Sar.

The Dutchman's moment of the season was still to come. And it will be talked about long after his retirement at the end of the season.

When he had only been able to push Lampard's long-range free-kick towards Ivanovic, the equaliser looked certain. In fairness to the Serb, the ball did not come towards him at the right height, so he could only bundle the ball rather than strike it.

Still, it was heading over the line until Van der Sar despairingly flung out an arm and somehow managed to push the ball upwards, changing its trajectory so it struck Vidic, who was scrambling back on the line.

Van der Sar then completed mission impossible by clawing the ball away from goal, and dangerous Chelsea feet, so Darren Fletcher could hammer it to safety.

Luiz has thus far proved to be the most astute signing of Chelsea's £75million January purchases, combining solid defensive work with typical South American ability on the ball.

Clearly, he can strike a ball pretty well too as he proved when lashing home a 10-yard volley, from Michael Essien's cross.

Chances came and went with breathtaking regularity at either end. Lampard and substitute Didier Drogba for Chelsea. Rooney for United, drawing frustrated cries from Gary Neville, who was wedged amongst the visiting supporters, cheering for the club he has always loved.

Neville would have presumably taken a pretty dim view of Luiz's blatant trip on Rooney, which would surely have brought a red card had it been spotted by referee Martin Atkinson.

The Yorkshireman missed it, but not Smalling blocking off Zhirkov at the other end moments later, allowing Lampard to smash home his penalty.

Zhirkov came agonisingly close to grabbing a third goal when his fierce shot struck Vidic and crashed against the post.

Vidic's evening was to end on a sour note though to leave United hoping Rio Ferdinand will be fit to return from injury for the trip to Anfield.

Well done Blues. Now just nick another couple of points from them next time (three would be too much to ask) and I'll be eternally grateful.

Hope you're not delusional enough to think you can overhaul both Man U and Arsenal to nick the crown; only Hotspurts could be so not-of-this-planet.

Well done Blues. Now just nick another couple of points from them next time (three would be too much to ask) and I'll be eternally grateful.

Hope you're not delusional enough to think you can overhaul both Man U and Arsenal to nick the crown; only Hotspurts could be so not-of-this-planet.

Nah I would be more than happy if we finished 3rd......and won the Champions League! :whistling:

Nah I would be more than happy if we finished 3rd......and won the Champions League! :whistling:

Hey.....you've seen the light! :lol:

Please someone take him off our hands, never thought he was good enough, would do well at a small club like West Ham maybe! :D

Kalou considering Blues future

Salomon Kalou has revealed he could consider leaving Chelsea in the summer after sliding down Carlo Ancelotti's pecking order.

The Ivorian striker has found himself warming the bench at Stamford Bridge since the £50million arrival of Fernando Torres from Liverpool in January, despite the Spaniard failing to score in four appearances.

Kalou, who arrived at the Premier League side in 2006, admits he is frustrated by the lack of regular first-team football, and is weighing up options over his future.

"It's been difficult watching from the sidelines these past few weeks," said Kalou.

"If an opportunity doesn't come, that's when you sit down at the end of the season and think about it.

"Every game it's possible to make the right decision and it has to be something you're doing for the good of your own career. You don't make any decisions by rushing them."

Despite his frustration, Kalou insists his main concern is winning back his place with the Blues and helping them push for Premier League and European success.

But the 25-year-old knows he faces some tough competition, with Torres, Nicolas Anelka, Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda all at manager Ancelotti's disposal.

Kalou added: "They are all top strikers. But I have to say that if you take the statistics I'm not far from them.

"I can reach their level, so I have to keep working hard and that's the only way I will get into the team.

"The manager knows I can bring something to the team as well. Right now he's making the choice of Torres and Anelka. It's working well and we're winning games. So I have to wait.

"Torres is a top striker and has changed teams in the middle of the season before, which is never easy. I think he is going to need time to adapt."

Chelsea visit Blackpool on Monday night, and Kalou is feeling confident after victory over leaders Manchester United on Tuesday evening revived the Blues' slender hopes of defending their Premier League title.

"Everything is possible now," he added. "We have to expect some teams to beat United. Beating United was a turning point for us."

"Everything is possible now," he added. "We have to expect some teams to beat United. Beating United was a turning point for us."

Errr - he should also have to expect some teams will beat Arsenal too. Clearly maths is not his strong point.

Agree with Seapok though - he's a mid/lower table forward at best. I see him doing passably well for a team like Stoke or Blackburn, but I don't think even their fans would be cracking open the bubbly if he was bought.

I'm trying to be as positive as I can.....but Torres is looking terrible, lacking confidence massively! :(

Blackpool 1 - 3 Chelsea

Frank Lampard bagged a brace as Chelsea closed the gap on Manchester United to nine points with a 3-1 win over Blackpool.

John Terry's header gave the visitors a half-time lead, although The Seasiders nearly levelled when Peter Cech parried Jason Puncheon's shot onto the post.

Chelsea were far from their best, but doubled their advantage just after the hour mark when substitute Salomon Kalou was brought down in the penalty area allowing Lampard to slot home.

The two combined again moments later when Lampard collected Kalou's through-ball and he slotted home past Richard Kingson with consummate ease to make sure of the points.

Blackpool did have the last laugh of the game when the lively on-loan Puncheon drilled a left-footed shot past Cech's outstretched arm following a poor giveaway by the visitors.

The win moves Carlo Ancelotti's team to within nine points of the slumping league leaders Manchester United with a game in hand on Sir Alex Ferguson's troops.

Australian David Carney tried to test Cech early on, cutting the ball back on to his right foot, but could only curl a shot straight at the Chelsea goalkeeper.

Minutes later he found himself clear in the area after Jose Bosingwa failed to win possession but opted not to shoot, mis-placed his pass and the opportunity was lost.

Blackpool looked far more the inventive team, with Chelsea's front two of Didier Drogba and Fernando Torres - still to open his account for his new club after 406 goalless minutes of action - again failing to impress as a partnership.

However, the hosts could not make their early possession tell and Seasiders manager Ian Holloway would have been fuming with the manner in which his side conceded the opening goal against the run of play.

When Lampard swung over a 20th-minute right-wing corner, Terry easily slipped his marker to head home the simplest of chances.

The visitors briefly threatened to press home the advantage, with Bosingwa forcing Richard Kingson into a fingertip save with a left-footed shot from the right angle of the penalty area, but it was not long before Blackpool resumed control.

They were almost gifted an equaliser in the 33rd minute when Puncheon found space in the inside-right channel to skip past David Luiz and shoot low at Cech, who let the ball slip through his fingers and was relieved to see it bounce off a post.

The Czech goalkeeper was only slightly more convincing when he just managed to get a fingertip on Ian Evatt's cross-shot to help it over the crossbar.

Chelsea finished the half as they had started it, under pressure, although Ramires' long-range effort had Kingson diving to his right to palm his shot behind in added time.

Drogba lasted less than 10 minutes of the second half before he fell under a challenge from James Beattie in the Chelsea penalty area and was replaced by Solomon Kalou.

More by luck than invention the substitution provided the visitors the spark which they had been missing for most of the game.

Within seven minutes of coming on, Kalou won a penalty when Evatt felled him in the box, allowing Lampard to put his side in the comfort zone from the spot.

Four minutes later the England midfielder slotted home his fourth goal in as many matches after Kalou again provided the through-ball.

As if things were not bad enough for Blackpool, Kingson then had to go off injured and be replaced by Mark Halstead.

With nine minutes to go, substitute Matt Phillips should have reduced the deficit when sent racing clear by Keith Southern, but he flashed a shot wide of Cech's far post.

Puncheon succeeded where his team-mate had failed from a similar position in the 86th minute, but it did nothing to ease Blackpool's growing worries.

They have won only once in the last nine matches and have been sucked into a relegation battle, just two points above the bottom three.

I'm trying to be as positive as I can.....but Torres is looking terrible, lacking confidence massively! :(

He's a born natural scorer so i don't think you've got any worries that he will come good. Needs time though. A lot of adjustments. I shan't of course be happy if he does start slotting them in, but hopefully the silver-lining might be Drogba leaving the Premiership - and i say that not because he's a great finisher - which he is - but cos he's an annoying <deleted>. Kalou's not much better either.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this game, hopefully Mr Torres will start to find some form with this game.

Chelsea's Alex is back in training after recovering from injury but will not feature in the last-16 Champions League tie against Copenhagen.

The defender has been out since November with a knee problem which required surgery.

Copenhagen boss Stale Solbakken has stated that defender Mikael Antonsson is struggling to be fit for the match having strained a right-buttock muscle.

They will also be without suspended defender Zdenek Pospech. Solbakken vowed that his team would attack the Blues.

"It is stupid to go into it defensive when you're behind 2-0," he said. "If we score they will be nervous. I can guarantee that. The key to the game is who scores the first goal.

"If we do, it will be the inverted psychology no matter how Chelsea has prepared for the game."

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres, who has yet to score for the club since making a £50m move from Liverpool in January, said his dream was for the Blues to do the Champions League and Premier League double this season.

"This club came within one missed penalty of winning the Champions League [in the 2008 final penalty shootout against Manchester United] and you can feel it's something which slipped through their hands," said the Spain international.

"Just like everybody at Chelsea I'd give anything for this to be another double season - that's the dream."

Tsk Seapok don't you read the papers? He's on the bench apparently....should work wonders for his confidence.

Happy days continues...:)

Thats weird, I thought I posted here last night after the game, obviously not. As I was saying it was a very lack lust performance, maybe we looked better in the highlights but for all the chances our finishing was woeful.

Come on Torres, lets be av'in ya.....show us what you can do against the City boys Sunday!

Thats weird, I thought I posted here last night after the game, obviously not. As I was saying it was a very lack lust performance, maybe we looked better in the highlights but for all the chances our finishing was woeful.

Come on Torres, lets be av'in ya.....show us what you can do against the City boys Sunday!

What's that? No lust in the team? Perhaps the cost of all that partner sharing / swapping going on?

Torres used to be absolutely superb..

Was very direct, had an excellent touch, always looked like he wanted to play Football & above all else looked like he actually enjoyed playing Football & enjoying Goals..

ALL of that seems to have dissapeared now & dissapeared at about the start of 2010.

If he does regain it all, he'll be the part as he was before, but his lack of interest & his body laguage, as it has been for about 18 Months now, would be a real concern for me if my Team had just paid 50m for him.

18 Months is a hell of a long time to be out of form though & being disinterested in something.

Liverpool got the best out of that deal by a million miles, it's irrelevent that they wasted the best part of 75% of it on an injury prone Striker who has only ever had a full Season playign in teh Championship, even though he's nearly 23 Years Old..

Was very direct, had an excellent touch, always looked like he wanted to play Football & above all else looked like he actually enjoyed playing Football & enjoying Goals..

ALL of that seems to have dissapeared now & dissapeared at about the start of 2010.

If he does regain it all, he'll be the part as he was before, but his lack of interest & his body laguage, as it has been for about 18 Months now, would be a real concern for me if my Team had just paid 50m for him.

18 Months is a hell of a long time to be out of form though & being disinterested in something.

Liverpool got the best out of that deal by a million miles, it's irrelevent that they wasted the best part of 75% of it on an injury prone Striker who has only ever had a full Season playign in teh Championship, even though he's nearly 23 Years Old..

Aye whatever the outcome with Torres thevscousers mugged ya.

Sell on value to Madrid in the summer half what you paid. B)

Aye whatever the outcome with Torres thevscousers mugged ya.

Sell on value to Madrid in the summer half what you paid. B)

Torres would never go to Madrid. Will he ever come good again, because as MSingh correctly pointed out :ermm::o he has been <deleted> for some considerable period of time now.

Whilst we are discussing teams who are trying to buy success, 35m for Andy Carrol looks an aweful lot more money now does'nt it....behold the Hand of Comolli......:whistling:

Sorry to whoever the Chelski fan is on here for going off topic a bit but its got to better than C&P stuff. :)

Here you go carmine, I know you love the C&P crap! :D

Chelsea and United to clash

Chelsea and Manchester United will clash in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals, while Tottenham Hotspur have been drawn against Real Madrid.

Holders Inter Milan will tackle Schalke, while 2009 winners and favourites for this season's tournament Barcelona have been paired with Shakhtar Donetsk.

In a repeat of the 2008 final between the Premier League giants, Chelsea and United will lock horns for the chance to reach the semi-finals of the Champions League.

Carlo Ancelotti, who has tasted European glory as AC Milan coach, must overcome a domestic rival if he is to maintain owner Roman Abramovich's dream of Champions League success for Chelsea.

The Blues beat United 2-1 at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League earlier this month and have not given up hope of reeling in the current leaders.

The first leg of the quarter-final tie at the start of April will be held in West London, with the return at Old Trafford a week later.

Whoever comes through that two-legged encounter will meet Inter or Schalke in the semi-finals for the right to secure a place at Wembley.

Tottenham have been handed a mammoth task to reach the final of the competition after being drawn with Real Madrid in the last eight.

Harry Redknapp's side have already knocked out one European heavyweight in the competition after edging past AC Milan in the last 16 of the competition.

The tie will also see a return to England for Real coach Jose Mourinho, who guided Inter past Chelsea en route to lifting the trophy last season.

Real will entertain Spurs at the Santiago Bernabeu in the first leg and there is certain to be a raucous atmosphere at White Hart Lane in the return meeting.

If Spurs overcome Real, then Barcelona could await in the semi-finals after Arsenal'sconquerors were paired with Shakhtar Donetsk.

Ukrainian side Shakhtar are in the quarter-finals for the first time and are the menacing dark horses in the competition due to their formidable home record.

Barcelona are at home in the first leg and will be hoping to build an advantage to take to Shakhtar for the second leg

Jose - Next stop England

Real Madrid chief Jose Mourinho has insisted his next job will be back in England.

The former Chelsea boss has never denied his love for the English game, which came through his three-year stint at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho fell out with Blues owner Roman Abramovich, which led to his departure in 2007.

He has since gone on to glory with Inter Milanand now Real Madrid - but despite his time in Italy and Spain, England remains his passion.

"I miss England and my next job will be in England," he told The Sun. "There is unfinished business.

"And I think England wants me back, no? It was the most enjoyable time of my

"My Chelsea time was amazing as a football manager and family man. My family and I enjoyed it so much. We made so many friends here. We still keep in touch, we still come back.

"In football there are a few victories here I would like to repeat. I will talk to my agent and get a project for my career.

"I still have three years at Real Madrid. It is the biggest club in the world but it is also the most difficult club in the world.

"They came to me for the third time and I could not say no to them for the third time - I had to go.

"And I had to go to Italy, that was important for me because I wanted to try there. Everyone said it was the home of tactics so I said let me try there.

"But it is not England, England is special. People in Italy, Spain and Portugal ask me why I love England so much and I can't explain - I just do.

"I want to be happy in my work. I want to be happy with my football."