Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I think too much time and energy has been spent already on getting Torres to perform,lads. He

I think you should be patient and stick with him. I think United, Arsenal and Spurs fans would also agree tongue.png

He could turn out to be one of those last day desperate signings for someone, that happen so often.

I think too much time and energy has been spent already on getting Torres to perform,lads. He

I think you should be patient and stick with him. I think United, Arsenal and Spurs fans would also agree tongue.png

Well lets just say, if he had played for us last season the way he playing for Chelsea he would have been a huge bonus for us.

I've just read on the net that Chelsea are paying 49mil for Cavani. They couldn't agree a part exchange with Torres so are having to pay the full monty.

Any truth in this report?

Cavani is useful. Goals per game for Napoli stunning. Even better than Maradona.

Same source as the transfer says: 'Cavani finished last season as the top scorer in Serie A and has scored an astonishing 104 goals in 138 appearances for Napoli since moving to the San Paolo in July 2010.'

I think you should be patient and stick with him. I think United, Arsenal and Spurs fans would also agree :P

He could turn out to be one of those last day desperate signings for someone, that happen so often.

I've got a funny feeling that if Torres went to a PL team outside the top 6 he could be devastating, knocking goals in like crazy.

Might happen, might not. Just a hunch. When he's free in his mind he scores, when he's tight he doesn't.

I've got a funny feeling that if Torres went to a PL team outside the top 6 he could be devastating, knocking goals in like crazy.

Might happen, might not. Just a hunch. When he's free in his mind he scores, when he's tight he doesn't.

Torres strikes me as a guy who just isn't thrilled to be playing football. Concentration lapses, inane arguments with refs, goofy ass look on his face much of the time. Maybe being a big fish in a smaller pond might suit him... but I have my doubts. Maybe he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer as well.

The problem was Torres was 'damaged goods' when we bought him as he hadn't done a fig for Liverpool in a year. The club bought him in the hope that he would regain the old brilliance and,after two and a half years,we're still waiting. If he stays at the Bridge,he's got to come to terms with the fact that he is not the number one striker any more. Lukaku and Piazon are just two names at the club who will be pushing hard for that top spot.

It's interesting that,according to reports,Mourinho has given the go ahead for Courtois to stay another season at Atletico Madrid. That leaves us very light in the goalkeeping department so expect a signing soon.

• Like 1

I think that Mourinho will be looking for a top draw defensive midfield, number one on his shopping list. He needs only to tweek this squad to have a title winning team and he knows exactly how to do that. Couple of other incomings and he has what he needs.

Rumours are that KDB is coming back to Chelsea and Schurrle won't be coming. Good to see Jose trusting the youngsters in Lukaku and KDB. Chelsea are also trying to get 19 year old Nigerian central defender Omerou a work permit after his loan in the Dutch league.

Also Galatasaray are interested in Mikel.

Oh, and some kids in their bedrooms are reporting on twitter that Cavani is a done deal.

All of that is good news in my book. The truth in above is up for debate though.

Rumours are that KDB is coming back to Chelsea and Schurrle won't be coming. Good to see Jose trusting the youngsters in Lukaku and KDB. Chelsea are also trying to get 19 year old Nigerian central defender Omerou a work permit after his loan in the Dutch league.

Also Galatasaray are interested in Mikel.

Oh, and some kids in their bedrooms are reporting on twitter that Cavani is a done deal.

All of that is good news in my book. The truth in above is up for debate though.

Today:

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is preparing a staggering £90million transfer splash on top strikers Edinson Cavani and Hulk. http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/406124/Jose-Mourinho-plans-90m-double-swoop-for-Edinson-Cavani-and-Hulk

Edited by uptheos

Towards the end of the season Didnt mourinho play essien in the holding position for real madrid?, maybe he's finally got his fitness bac or not as the case maybe, and/ or adapted his game? if he's good enuf 4 real madrid , he should be allright for you ?. As for cavana, the article that was in the sunday times , and tbh , it seemed really well informed and sounded believable said that jose wouldnt meet the release figure for him and had other targets, cant give you a link cos its subscription only.

Towards the end of the season Didnt mourinho play essien in the holding position for real madrid?, maybe he's finally got his fitness bac or not as the case maybe, and/ or adapted his game? if he's good enuf 4 real madrid , he should be allright for you ?. As for cavana, the article that was in the sunday times , and tbh , it seemed really well informed and sounded believable said that jose wouldnt meet the release figure for him and had other targets, cant give you a link cos its subscription only.

Essien can play there but its not his natural position.

Chelsea shouldn't have loaned him out in the first place and would have been a better side last season with him playing a box to box role

Essien is way too slow now, after the operations on his knees. Shame really as he lived up to his nickname of the Bison. Before he went to Madrid I would wince when he played as he just seemed to get injured too much. I don't want him to end his career with an injury playing for Chelsea - or any club for that matter.

Would it be fair to say the Spanish league is not so fast and physical as the epl which would suit him better now?

Fantastic player a few years ago though.

yeah carmine but if i recall correctly the worry with essienwas whether his injury affect ed his boxto box which is so fitness intensive .him not getting games for the chavs pointed towards it doing so. so maybe we're gonna see a new phase of him.but i agree an old style essian was a big miss for them

yeah carmine but if i recall correctly the worry with essienwas whether his injury affect ed his boxto box which is so fitness intensive .him not getting games for the chavs pointed towards it doing so. so maybe we're gonna see a new phase of him.but i agree an old style essian was a big miss for them

Yeh i think MJJ has posted something similar saying he's too slow for his old role. As you say the knees went. I'll always remember him man to man marking Gerard and totally taking him out of the game. He really was a fantastic player three or four years ago.

Chelsea shouldn't have loaned him out in the first place and would have been a better side last season with him playing a box to box role

Essien played at right back as well as midfield at Real Madrid but I'm afraid the Essien of old will never return. He's had too many injuries for that to happen.He could,however be a fine holding midfield player when fit. Oriel Romeu is a young lad who has shown real class when he's played in the holding role. His season was curtailed early on by injury. Then,ofcourse,there is Mikel who has great technical skill but is as slow as I am.

Essien played at right back as well as midfield at Real Madrid but I'm afraid the Essien of old will never return. He's had too many injuries for that to happen.He could,however be a fine holding midfield player when fit. Oriel Romeu is a young lad who has shown real class when he's played in the holding role. His season was curtailed early on by injury. Then,ofcourse,there is Mikel who has great technical skill but is as slow as I am.

Little rumors floating around that you are looking at Paulinho from Corinthians. I would presume as a replacement for Mikel.

Beeb report that Mourinho has committed to keep John Terry as club captain.

Yes, yes, yes (major mistake IMObiggrin.png ).

Or clever. He's appeasing the chav faithful for the short term. In the meantime i think he'll focus now on their defensive midfield. he'll make them a hard nut to crack as they were before and reduce goals conceded

Beeb report that Mourinho has committed to keep John Terry as club captain.

Yes, yes, yes (major mistake IMO:D ).

Or clever. He's appeasing the chav faithful for the short term. In the meantime i think he'll focus now on their defensive midfield. he'll make them a hard nut to crack as they were before and reduce goals conceded

Jose will do what he thinks is right. Appeasing the guys in the stands (or the boss) is not his style.

That is why he is respected by players and why he is a winner.

Jose Mourinho's major trophies

Champions League: 2004, 2010

Uefa Cup: 2003

Primeira Liga (Portugal): 2003, 2004

Premier League (England): 2005, 2006

Serie A (Italy): 2009, 2010

La Liga (Spain): 2012

Taca de Portugal: 2003

FA Cup (England): 2007

Coppa Italia (Italy): 2010

Copa del Rey (Spain): 2011

2013?

What do the chavs think about the Sneijder rumors ? I could see Mourinho shipping Hazard and bringing in Sneijder. But, some of the rumors have Mata leaving.

I don't know about Chelsea fans, but I'd be pretty peeved if Mata left, I like watching him and think he's been great for the EPL. If he leaves will it be because of something personal or Mourinho simply doesn't rate him......which I would find hard to believe.

What do the chavs think about the Sneijder rumors ? I could see Mourinho shipping Hazard and bringing in Sneijder. But, some of the rumors have Mata leaving.

I don't know about Chelsea fans, but I'd be pretty peeved if Mata left, I like watching him and think he's been great for the EPL. If he leaves will it be because of something personal or Mourinho simply doesn't rate him......which I would find hard to believe.

Totally agreed with that. Why get rid of arguably their best player this past season to bring in oft injured and short fused Sneijder ?

Totally agreed with that. Why get rid of arguably their best player this past season to bring in oft injured and short fused Sneijder ?

Holland coach Louis van Gaal wants Wesley Sneijder to sign for Chelsea.

Turkish side Galatasaray are willing to sell the 29-year-old Dutch international - who scored a superb goal on Tuesday as they beat China in a friendly - just six months after signing him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-transfers-wesley-sneijder-move-1946734