Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Bit of both.

I've never suggested United would lucky to finish in the top six, if you look at the predictions thread I put them in third. With Mata on board you would no doubt be a stronger team. Maybe suggesting walking the title was a bit strong, but I would definitely see united as a much more serious threat.

They'd be a hell of a lot stronger team than they are now, and they're not chopped liver now.

Who knows what Mourinho is up to ? I get the impression that he may not rate Mata, or Mata just doesn't fit into some sort of scheme Mourinho is hatching. IMHO Chelsea's best player last season.

All said and done, if Rooney doesn't want to play for United, and they can't find a buyer for him outside the EPL, they could do a lot worse than a deal involving Mata.

Mata aint going anywhere.....certainly not in the Premiership!

eerrr, i think you find he probably will be smokes,murry boy has already come out and said he see;s mata as a lhs winger ish player , sounded a bit like the role cole used to play esp 4 england, and , IIMO he aint the ]greatest at that position, and i could be wrong on this, maybe not even the best at Chelsea so it dont take a rocket scientist to work out whats gonna happen, maybe this window or certainly by the next he'll be surplus to requirements , and if he's had half a season of not scoring

like he has been, i wouldnt rule a move to another prem club out, but we'll see. Wages could be an issue though.

eerrr, i think you find he probably will be smokes,murry boy has already come out and said he see;s mata as a lhs winger ish player , sounded a bit like the role cole used to play esp 4 england, and , IIMO he aint the ]greatest at that position, and i could be wrong on this, maybe not even the best at Chelsea so it dont take a rocket scientist to work out whats gonna happen, maybe this window or certainly by the next he'll be surplus to requirements , and if he's had half a season of not scoring

like he has been, i wouldnt rule a move to another prem club out, but we'll see. Wages could be an issue though.

I think your rocket scientist is under qualified!

Also, why would wages be an issue? Mata is worth far more than the £60k a week we pay him.

Also, why would wages be an issue? Mata is worth far more than the £60k a week we pay him.

fair enuf i must admit to thinking he was on alot more.still, makes him even more signable,why do u reckon he's gone stay ? even more a cert 2 leave now chelaea have signed willy boy,presumaby, 4 that lhs ?

A straight swop between of Mata and Rooney would,in my opinion,be the only way you will see either players leaving their respective clubs. United and Chelsea do not want to be seen strengthening the hand of either club.

I don't see Mata as a wide right midfielder at all. For one thing,he's not quick enough. First signs this season are that Mourinho prefers Oscar in the centre.I don't think he's a more creative player than Mata and Mata is the more skilful but, Oscar is by far the better at closing the opposition down and is easily the better tackler. When Mata played against Villa,he didn't look comfortable on the wing,because of his lack of pace, and also didn't look fit.

So have they signed Willian instead of Rooney ?

Romans still on FM right now but his internet connection is a bit slow on his floating palace in the middle of the ocean.

But one playmaker Mourinho insisted would be going nowhere is Juan Mata. Reports in Friday's newspapers said the Spain midfielder, 25, could be offered to Manchester United as part of a bid to sign striker Wayne Rooney.

"No, [it is] speculation. He's a player we all like, he's a player we all want to keep and we want more quality in the team, we don't want less quality," he said.

"We want to add quality. Juan is not a player we want to lose."

Bbc today

fair enuf i must admit to thinking he was on alot more.still, makes him even more signable,why do u reckon he's gone stay ? even more a cert 2 leave now chelaea have signed willy boy,presumaby, 4 that lhs ?

Because Jose said he will play Mata on the right if not centre. TBH I think Willian is cover for Hazard, Moses may now be surplus.

Nice to see Mourinho's still the sneering gloating pig eyed gobshite he was last time he managed in the premier league.

C'mon Carmine, Mourinho has "changed". Get with the program !rolleyes.gif

You two aren't keen on Jose are you tongue.png

Even though he didn't come to us, I still like him and we need characters like him. It's all just part of the show.

• Like 1

Nice to see Mourinho's still the sneering gloating pig eyed gobshite he was last time he managed in the premier league.

Even though he didn't come to us, I still like him and we need characters like him. It's all just part of the show.

I can't dislike someone i've never met but i dislike intensely the character that Mourinho seems to want to portray himself as. Its quite horrid actually. However i have never denied him to be anything other than a very fine manager and although i do find his football reasonably dull, theres no doubting its effective.

I can't dislike someone i've never met but i dislike intensely the character that Mourinho seems to want to portray himself as. Its quite horrid actually. However i have never denied him to be anything other than a very fine manager and although i do find his football reasonably dull, theres no doubting its effective.

I'd like to see him "inquisitioned" by Michael Palin.smile.png

But one playmaker Mourinho insisted would be going nowhere is Juan Mata. Reports in Friday's newspapers said the Spain midfielder, 25, could be offered to Manchester United as part of a bid to sign striker Wayne Rooney.

"No, [it is] speculation. He's a player we all like, he's a player we all want to keep and we want more quality in the team, we don't want less quality," he said.

"We want to add quality. Juan is not a player we want to lose."

Bbc today

Replace the "want to" with "will" a couple of times and I would be convinced.

Rooney would improve us, but a pairing of Mata and RVP, United would walk the title.

The addition of one player (no not Messi), and you have United walking to the title?! Either Mata is the best player on the planet and them some, or all this stuff about United being nothing without SAF and a team lucky to finish in the top six has been a load of dribble. Which is it?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You will find there are no wild predictions like that from me. Too many people were speaking from the heart and not using their head. How can a team that walked away with the League last year finish outside the top six with virtually the same squad? On the evidence of last weeks matches,I saw nothing to tell me that they are on the wane.

• Like 2

I think Mourhino thinks he can dominate the EPL by playing a Barca method.

Suitably modified when playing against donkeys and teams who will shut up shop at home.

He needs a Rooney or an Eto'o to complete the picture.

Never lost in the EPL at Stamford Bridge.

City are the biggest threat.

Rooney would improve us, but a pairing of Mata and RVP, United would walk the title.

The addition of one player (no not Messi), and you have United walking to the title?! Either Mata is the best player on the planet and them some, or all this stuff about United being nothing without SAF and a team lucky to finish in the top six has been a load of dribble. Which is it?

You will find there are no wild predictions like that from me. Too many people were speaking from the heart and not using their head. How can a team that walked away with the League last year finish outside the top six with virtually the same squad? On the evidence of last weeks matches,I saw nothing to tell me that they are on the wane.

What are you predicting Monday night?

I think United are big odds on favourites,SP. I hope I'm badly wrong on my idea of the result in the Predictions Competition.

Bit of both.

I've never suggested United would lucky to finish in the top six, if you look at the predictions thread I put them in third. With Mata on board you would no doubt be a stronger team. Maybe suggesting walking the title was a bit strong, but I would definitely see united as a much more serious threat.

OK, fair enough.

And yeah, I agree, Mata and RVP could be quite formidable. Whether it happens of course, another thing.

If Mourinho starts Lampard and he plays the full 90 minutes then we will get beat.

If Mourinho starts Lampard and he plays the full 90 minutes then we will get beat.

As we were against RM preseason.

Alan Birchinall was before my time but I remember games in the old Second Division well. Catching the National Express up to places like Grimsby for a mid week match and getting home after midnight for a good wallop for bunking off school and worrying the hell out of my mum.

Stamford Bridge, the Shed End had the worst toilets I've ever seen or smelled.

I remember Mickey Thomas always looking like he was suffering the worst hangover but he always played well and came to thank the Chelsea fans after the game.

I didn,t see that team selection coming...apart from Lampard that is...............just goes to show Jose doesn,t fancy Torres Lukaku Ba Mata or Moses...that team selection has just eased us out to 3.45 on betfair...i think i,ll have some of that thumbsup.gif