Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Any of the Chelsea faithful got a reason why we let Sturridge go?

I wanted spurs to buy him.coffee1.gif But mate, barring drogba, you aint exactly got a great record with strikers. grave yard comes to mind, slight exaggeration , but not by much.

Yeah, one that got away. TBH I never understood why we didnt give him more of a chance. He was good for Bolton, but when he came back AVB thought he should play on the right, not Sturridges favoured CF position.

Sturridge was quite successful but then a combination of dip in form, too selfish and injuries,ended it. For ages we were plodding on with Torres when many of us were screaming for Sturridge to be given a shot.

Good luck to him I say.

• Like 1

Yeah, one that got away. TBH I never understood why we didnt give him more of a chance. He was good for Bolton, but when he came back AVB thought he should play on the right, not Sturridges favoured CF position.

Sturridge was quite successful but then a combination of dip in form, too selfish and injuries,ended it. For ages we were plodding on with Torres when many of us were screaming for Sturridge to be given a shot.

Good luck to him I say.

In his earlier days he was big headed and greedy, that's why we let him go. Maybe he has grown up and Liverpool will get the best out of him. He's definitely a better player now but I still see traits of greed in him.

• Like 1

Good luck to him I say.

In his earlier days he was big headed and greedy, that's why we let him go. Maybe he has grown up and Liverpool will get the best out of him. He's definitely a better player now but I still see traits of greed in him.

you 'let him go'clap2.gif yeah right ,he walked if i remember rightly, and your club wasnt to happy about it, and as for 'big headed and greedy' cheesy.gif if that was a reason for transferring a striker then half the strikers in the prem would be gone.

Good luck to him I say.

you 'let him go'clap2.gif yeah right ,he walked if i remember rightly, and your club wasnt to happy about it, and as for 'big headed and greedy' cheesy.gif if that was a reason for transferring a striker then half the strikers in the prem would be gone.

Why do you have to turn every post into a muppet show rijit

Edit. To answer your post. He wanted a new contract but wanted 60 grand a week, even though he was unproven and so we told him to naff off with his wage demands. Chelsea then came in for him and we said yeah no worries, have him. The argument that then pursued was about our compensation package, which went to a hearing. I think we got 10mil in the end

Edited by mrbojangles
Additional text added

Why do you have to turn every post into a muppet show rijit

Edit. To answer your post. He wanted a new contract but wanted 60 grand a week, even though he was unproven and so we told him to naff off with his wage demands. Chelsea then came in for him and we said yeah no worries, have him. The argument that then pursued was about our compensation package, which went to a hearing. I think we got 10mil in the end

probably because im dealing with muppets bo!! his deal was run down and new ones were offered, but he walked, as opposed to you telling him to 'naff off' and `10 mil yeah rightcheesy.gif 3 was the starting fee i believe. plus add on's so 5 may be 6 ish max

Sturridge was a greedy selfish c**t .It was all about him,never a team player when he played for us. I won,t deny the blokes got talent but i,d rather we played with 10 men than have that selfish bast.ard on the pitch.

I'll second that, Keith.

Sturridge was and always will be out for himself only. No teamwork as he only wants to be the star.

seems to have grown up then doesn't he? been a team player ever since he signed for us in january. or perhaps he was just poorly-managed?

• Like 2

I'll second that, Keith.

Sturridge was and always will be out for himself only. No teamwork as he only wants to be the star.

seems to have grown up then doesn't he? been a team player ever since he signed for us in january. or perhaps he was just poorly-managed?

Oh, that's a barb! Maybe he's just looking like the good boy for now. Will you feel frustrated when he hogs the ball on a clear opportunity instead of passing?

I'll second that, Keith.

Oh, that's a barb! Maybe he's just looking like the good boy for now. Will you feel frustrated when he hogs the ball on a clear opportunity instead of passing?

He still looks a little selfish to me at times, but you can't deny the immense talent. I expect Rodgers will be good for Sturridge, with a boot up his arse when needed.

• Like 1

I'll second that, Keith.

not if he scores, no.

I'll second that, Keith.

Poorly-managed by who....M.Hughes Mancini Ancellotti AVB Rdm R.Benetiz ?

Even though I was highly critical of Lukaku after the super cup, this loan seems daft to me. Torres, Ba and Eto'o are going to share the duties upfront...................I hope our midfield have their shooting boots on.

Lukaku can be forgiven for making mistakes as he should improve after every game. I have seen nothing to suggest that Torres or Ba will. Eto'o.......who knows, used to be a force, but 2 years in Russia makes him a bit of an unknown.........

• Like 2

Even though I was highly critical of Lukaku after the super cup, this loan seems daft to me. Torres, Ba and Eto'o are going to share the duties upfront...................I hope our midfield have their shooting boots on.

Lukaku can be forgiven for making mistakes as he should improve after every game. I have seen nothing to suggest that Torres or Ba will. Eto'o.......who knows, used to be a force, but 2 years in Russia makes him a bit of an unknown.........

Was it Single Pot who said Mourinho was going to do a Barcelona ? Hard to imagine...and where's Messi ?

Honestly, I think Mourinho is becoming more eccentric with age.

Jury is out. Mourinho is a great manager, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything he does or that I know what he is thinking.

During his first stint at Chelsea we would steamroller teams and then shut up shop. It wasn't pretty but it was effective and our team was set up that way. This time around I don't think we have a team that will excel in that style and it would be a shame with the creativity we have to play that way.

With out striker situation we had a has been (Torres) a wannabe (Lukaku) a never gonna be (Ba) and an unknown (Eto'o). I can't really comment on Eto'o until we see how he plays. Torres is dreadful in the league but there is no denying in Europe he steps up and I have no idea why apart from it because neither side is happy with a draw. He seems to become stronger (falls over less) and has fighting spirit. In the league he is as weak as a butterfly.

If Eto'o fails to deliver I would have much rather see Lukaku come on and improve bit by bit, than Ba who I don't think is a top 4 player.

Judgements are too early, but it has got me perplexed.

I have been thinking long and hard about the points that JellyDog and SantiSuk make.

Is Jose getting more eccentric .......or is he older and wiser after his spells in Italy and Spain?

He competed with Guardiola and Barca in their pomp. How many times did Jose play against Barca? My guess is, he learnt a lot.

What happened to Barca and RM in the semi finals of the Champions League last time round? Barca were annihilated by Bayern. RM were bundled out by Borussia.

The Barca method was even exposed by Celtic.

Maybe we will see very different set ups from Jose depending on whether it's Swindon, Sunderland or Schalke. Looks like we have a squad for all seasons?

No striker against United. No Mata.....?

Not sure what you guys think, but creative midfielders seem to be central to Jose's game. Maybe he thinks Mata just isn't pacey enough on the counter?

I think we will see some very sophisticated footie from Jose and Pep this season. And by sophisticated I mean tactically, more than the intricate 'walk it in the net' style. We might see a bit of that too?

Cloughy used to say: "we play our game, bug*** the opposition." But that was a long time ago.

I feel confident that Jose knows what he is doing.

Guardiola. Blending Barca and Bayern? Could be a dog's breakfast.

Any thoughts from you guys appreciated.

I have been thinking long and hard about the points that JellyDog and SantiSuk make.

Is Jose getting more eccentric .......or is he older and wiser after his spells in Italy and Spain?

I like the way he has unsettled United WRT Rooney. I reckon he knows full well the art of mind games and it wouldn't surprise me if he had absolutely no intention of getting Rooney so put in offers that he knew United would refuse.

I like the way he has unsettled United WRT Rooney. I reckon he knows full well the art of mind games and it wouldn't surprise me if he had absolutely no intention of getting Rooney so put in offers that he knew United would refuse.

That's what I wrote when I heard how low the bids were. Rooney wonders whether to go, or Rooney wonders, is that all I'm worth, all the while giving the impression he is his biggest fan.