Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I have been thinking long and hard about the points that JellyDog and SantiSuk make.

Is Jose getting more eccentric .......or is he older and wiser after his spells in Italy and Spain?

I like the way he has unsettled United WRT Rooney. I reckon he knows full well the art of mind games and it wouldn't surprise me if he had absolutely no intention of getting Rooney so put in offers that he knew United would refuse.

Remember stevie saying something similar and i think you are both right.

Just looking to get into Moyes' head early on and lets face it Rooney, bright as a button and loyal to a fault was the perfect pawn in the game.

I'll second that, Keith.

Sturridge was and always will be out for himself only. No teamwork as he only wants to be the star.

seems to have grown up then doesn't he? been a team player ever since he signed for us in january. or perhaps he was just poorly-managed?

Oh, that's a barb! Maybe he's just looking like the good boy for now. Will you feel frustrated when he hogs the ball on a clear opportunity instead of passing?

He has done that already and I'm alright with it because 16 goals in 17 appearances says he can.

I doubt any of you blues would care mentioning anything on here about DS if it wasn't for the fact we bought him for a good price and now he's scored 16 goals in 17 appearances.

Meanwhile you've got an overrated donkey who is being kept on a life support because you paid over the odds to us, another striker whose career was on fire until he turned up at Stamford Bridge and a 32 year old mercenary who has been fannying about in Russia for 2 years. Your best potential future striker has been loaned out.

All the while you let go of the guy who has scored more goals than Torres & Ba combined 15 goals in 46 appearances biggrin.png Sturridge with 16 goals in 17 appearances, for 12 Million facepalm.gif Keep up the selfish work kid, be a star clap2.gif

• Like 2

BangrakBob makes some fair points.

Lukaku will do well at Everton I reckon.

Maybe Mourhino knows something we don't.

I think Lukaku will too.

I'd love to know what Jose is thinking but the man is no fool. You've got some super attacking midfield players and it looks like they are going to be the key.

BangrakBob makes some fair points.

Lukaku will do well at Everton I reckon.

Maybe Mourhino knows something we don't.

I think Lukaku will too.

I'd love to know what Jose is thinking but the man is no fool. You've got some super attacking midfield players and it looks like they are going to be the key.

Fair does Bob. interesting to see what pans out.

I'll second that, Keith.

Sturridge was and always will be out for himself only. No teamwork as he only wants to be the star.

seems to have grown up then doesn't he? been a team player ever since he signed for us in january. or perhaps he was just poorly-managed?

Oh, that's a barb! Maybe he's just looking like the good boy for now. Will you feel frustrated when he hogs the ball on a clear opportunity instead of passing?

He has done that already and I'm alright with it because 16 goals in 17 appearances says he can.

I doubt any of you blues would care mentioning anything on here about DS if it wasn't for the fact we bought him for a good price and now he's scored 16 goals in 17 appearances.

Meanwhile you've got an overrated donkey who is being kept on a life support because you paid over the odds to us, another striker whose career was on fire until he turned up at Stamford Bridge and a 32 year old mercenary who has been fannying about in Russia for 2 years. Your best potential future striker has been loaned out.

All the while you let go of the guy who has scored more goals than Torres & Ba combined 15 goals in 46 appearances biggrin.png Sturridge with 16 goals in 17 appearances, for 12 Million facepalm.gif Keep up the selfish work kid, be a star clap2.gif

BangrakBob,

You don't have to come on here acting like a Spurs fan, with all your FACTS. Some of us haven't been derogatory to Sturridge. In fact if you look at the Liverpool thread, I said he was cheap and will score you goals.

Wiki Chelsea

Torres 134 apps 35 goals

Sturridge 55 apps 15 goals.

Not too dissimilar stats.

And before you bang on about mismanagement, maybe Chelsea are not set up the same way as Liverpool. We have heavy scoring midfielders.

As for Eto'o being a mercenary, well how many mercenaries take a pay cut to move jobs?

On the Lukaku front, from what I've read it seemed we wanted Ba to go to Arsenal and keep Lukaku. But it wasn't to be and for Lukaku and the team it was agreed that he should go on loan to get more game time. I'm not going to suggest I'm not disappointed, but Lukaku is still our player and if Everyon can develop him further, that would be just fine and dandy.

BangrakBob,

You don't have to come on here acting like a Spurs fan, with all your FACTS. Some of us haven't been derogatory to Sturridge. In fact if you look at the Liverpool thread, I said he was cheap and will score you goals.

Wiki Chelsea

Torres 134 apps 35 goals

And before you bang on about mismanagement, maybe Chelsea are not set up the same way as Liverpool. We have heavy scoring midfielders.

As for Eto'o being a mercenary, well how many mercenaries take a pay cut to move jobs?

On the Lukaku front, from what I've read it seemed we wanted Ba to go to Arsenal and keep Lukaku. But it wasn't to be and for Lukaku and the team it was agreed that he should go on loan to get more game time. I'm not going to suggest I'm not disappointed, but Lukaku is still our player and if Everyon can develop him further, that would be just fine and dandy.

What was the difference in his salaries then mjj ?

I'll second that, Keith.

Your right mate.........i certainly wouldn,t and haven,t mentioned or talked about him once he left Chelsea,but.....an opinion was asked for and i gave it...so don,t come on to this thread as Mjj has pointed out and try to be a Smart arse.

Edited by keithsimmonds

Mjj. Story I read was Mourhino STOPPED the sale of Ba to arsenal.

If Mourhino wanted Lukaku to be at the bridge this season he would not have let him go out on loan to Everton.

Either Mourhino thinks Lukaku ain't ready, or he has other reservations.

Seems to play well with KDB as you have said before. but that is clearly not where Mourhino is coming from this season.

Don't know.

Maybe he just wants the sheer physical presence of Eto'o.

I'll second that, Keith.

Your right mate.........i certainly wouldn,t and haven,t mentioned or talked about him once he left Chelsea,but.....an opinion was asked for and i gave it...so don,t come on to this thread as Mjj has pointed out and try to be a Smart arse.

Sorry guys. it was my fault raising the Sturridge thing.

Sturridge wil do fine at Liverpool. already is. Lukaku is good for Everton.

Mjj. Story I read was Mourhino STOPPED the sale of Ba to arsenal.

If Mourhino wanted Lukaku to be at the bridge this season he would not have let him go out on loan to Everton.

Either Mourhino thinks Lukaku ain't ready, or he has other reservations.

Seems to play well with KDB as you have said before. but that is clearly not where Mourhino is coming from this season.

Don't know.

Maybe he just wants the sheer physical presence of Eto'o.

Yes, Singlepot, it seems Mourinho did block Ba's move. Reports yesterday were that we wanted £3m and they were only willing to pay £1.5.

I dunno about your assumption with regard to Lukaku. You may be right, or it may be better for his development as 4 into 1 is a tight fit. I was under the impression that the Ba transfer was the original one and after that was stopped, Lukaku's loan was looked at. Dunno. We might know more in a few days.

"With Samuel Etoo now competing with Fernando Torres to be the clubs first-choice senior striker, manager Jose Mourinho was happy to allow either Ba or Lukaku to go on loan."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10282462/Romelu-Lukaku-loan-to-Everton-clears-way-for-Samuel-Etoo-at-Chelsea.html

"With Samuel Etoo now competing with Fernando Torres to be the clubs first-choice senior striker, manager Jose Mourinho was happy to allow either Ba or Lukaku to go on loan."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10282462/Romelu-Lukaku-loan-to-Everton-clears-way-for-Samuel-Etoo-at-Chelsea.html

C'mon mate, a quote from Jeremy Wilson is hardly a fact is it.

Jose Mourinho

'Of course there are always in the last day things to do and people to leave because we have to think about us, as a team, as a group, as a club, but we have also to think about the players individually, what is the best for them and what is the best for us in terms of the future.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/chelsea-article/article/3447451

• Like 1

I'll second that, Keith.

Sturridge was and always will be out for himself only. No teamwork as he only wants to be the sta

well when you call one of our players a bast*rd and a c*unt you should expect some sort of retort

• Like 1

Slow down guys. I should never have mentioned Sturridge in the first place.

Seems like the boy is moving on well after a succession of managers. Brendan could be the man to get the best out of him.

( Cos I don't think Roy of the Rovers has got a clue, if you know what I mean!)

BangrakBob,

Wiki Chelsea

Torres 134 apps 35 goals

Like a Spurs fan, crickey moses.

I was going off stats since Sturridge joined LFC comparative to Ba and Torres for the purpose of showing what he is doing for us as apposed to what they are doing for you.

I'm not going to mention anything about mismanagement, and agree as (I mentioned before) it looks like Jose is going to get his goals from your quality midfield. I just don't think Sturridge was given a chance or his true potential valued enough at the time, that doesn't necessarily mean he was mismanaged.

Going to Russia for 17M a year in your prime is not for footballing reasons is it? I don't think he could do anything else but take a pay cut, no other club on the planet would/could pay that.

As I said I'll defend our player on any thread within the rules of this forum when he gets called what he did by Keef

I wonder what Jose's thinking about Mata mjj?

TBH, I can see where all the rumours of Jose not wanting Mata come from, but I just can see it from a reality perspective. Maybe I am looking through rose tinted pecs, but Mata has played virtually non-stop for 2 years and needed a rest. Then it was said he had an injury, so wasn't picked.

It just seems inconceivable that our POTY for 2 years running could be out of favour when virtually every time he didn't play we were lacking in spark. Add to the fact he is supposed to be Mr Nice Guy, it doesn't add up that Mourinho wouldn't want him. On that basis, I am inclined to believe it is just a combination of rest after the Confed Cup, then an injury, then lacking match fitness.

It's also not as though there weren't any teams willing to buy him if we wanted to sell, is there?

How's Mata on the counter ?

I heard a story Jelly that Mata is exceptional at calculated incisive destruction of the opposition but isn't very pacey going forward. So for the quick counter Jose has got other preferred options.

Surely, if he didn't want him he would have been sold.

Jelly, better than he is on the table!?!

You joker.wink.png

My thinking is that Mourinho is looking to play counter attack and maybe Mata doesn't fit. He has already remarked that Torres' strength is the open field. I wasn't aware he still had any strengths, but...

Personally I think he's off his rocker, but it fits his defense first profile.

Edited by jellydog