Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Looks like Lukaku is doing the business against City.

He was until the second half and then we had him neutralised and he was totally ineffective. The lads got a lot potential though and can be very dangerous.

Was that after your guys kicked lumps out of him?

What you talking about?

• Like 1

Just from reading the Beeb live text, shouldn't Lukaku have had a penalty and weren't 2 city players given yellows for tackles on Lukaku?

One of those Yellows on Lukaku was to Silva. He couldn't kick lumps out of a plate of Blamange. We had 5 yellows, Everton had 4. All in all, it wasn't a dirty match.

• Like 1

City sem to have the refs onside this season don't they whistling.gif if that was a penalty i am Howard Webb.biggrin.png

Please to meet you How-Red Webb

It was a soft one to give but the muppet should learn not to pull on someone's shirt in your own box. If you do that, you run the risk of giving a penalty away.

Just from reading the Beeb live text, shouldn't Lukaku have had a penalty and weren't 2 city players given yellows for tackles on Lukaku?

Silly call for a penalty. Nastasic bumped him out at the end line. You see that all the time.

I think Martinez was more upset about the PK given for Zabaleta's going down. A soft one that, but he was turned off the ball by the defender. As a City fan a good call. If I were Everton I doubt I would have thought so. Only football. Everton was clearly outplayed and a deserved loser.coffee1.gif

Flynn, an Arsenal fan:

"Chelsea Loan XI: Courtois, Hutchinson, van Aanholt, Chalobah, Wallace, Romeu, McEachran, Marin, Piazon, Moses, Lukaku. Thoughts?"

Next season, and the season after.

Jogo Bonito

I would have Courtois,Chalobah,Wallace,Romeu,Piazon,Moses and Lukaku back in the squad next season. Hutchinson is injury prone which is a pity because he's a good player. McEachran and Van Aanholt have looked the part early in their career,but have gone backwards.

• Like 1

Flynn, an Arsenal fan:

"Chelsea Loan XI: Courtois, Hutchinson, van Aanholt, Chalobah, Wallace, Romeu, McEachran, Marin, Piazon, Moses, Lukaku. Thoughts?"

Next season, and the season after.

Jogo Bonito

I would have Courtois,Chalobah,Wallace,Romeu,Piazon,Moses and Lukaku back in the squad next season. Hutchinson is injury prone which is a pity because he's a good player. McEachran and Van Aanholt have looked the part early in their career,but have gone backwards.

Couldn,t agree more Og.

• Like 1

A few thoughts regarding the Norwich game. Under orders from Mourinho or because of the technical superiority of the players we have,we started this game like a house on fire,scored the first goal and then took our foot off the gas. Norwich got a foothold in the game, and it was only after they levelled, that we upped the tempo to run out comfortable winners.

I've noticed the same gameplan,if it can be called that,with Liverpool, Man. City and,up until this Saturday,Spurs this season. Man. Utd. did the same last season. The only exception to the rule is Arsenal who,season upon season,and this one is no different,want to play a high tempo game for 90 mins. The problem is that you can be the best team on the planet,but it is impossible to keep the pressure up for that length of time,hence Wenger's lack of a Premier League title for the last ten years.

Will he ever learn in his dotage?

• Like 1

A very classy hat trick from Andre Schurrle in Germany's 5-3 win over Sweden yesterday. There was no doubting his work rate before, but he had his first really influential game for Chelsea against Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League. Now his confidence has returned,he will be a right handful for any full back in the Premier League.

• Like 2

A very classy hat trick from Andre Schurrle in Germany's 5-3 win over Sweden yesterday. There was no doubting his work rate before, but he had his first really influential game for Chelsea against Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League. Now his confidence has returned,he will be a right handful for any full back in the Premier League.

Excellent. Thanks for this update oldgit.

Got me ticket for the Cardiff game on saturday.......hopefully we can carry on where we left off before the international break..thumbsup.gif

It will be interesting to see how the Cardiff players react to the turmoil going on between Mackay and the owner. Let's hope they're in total disarray!

• Like 1

I just watched the highlights of the game and he was impressive with his finishing.

You have so many strikers now at Chelsea!

I just watched the highlights of the game and he was impressive with his finishing.

Not so much strikers as midfielders that are capable of scoring on a regular basis,Red.

Not so much strikers as midfielders that are capable of scoring on a regular basis,Red.

+5

( run out of likes today oldgit. Cheers)

• Like 1

BREAKING TEAM NEWS - Chelsea v Cardiff (1500 BST)

Samuel Eto'o and Willian start for Chelsea, while Ryan Bertrand fills in at left-back for Ashley Cole.

Chelsea XI: Cech; Ivanovic, D Luiz, Terry, Bertrand; Ramires, Lampard; Willian, Mata, Hazard; Eto'o

THE SPECIAL ONE

Right.

1 each after a cock-up by Luis, and Hazard has equalised.

59 mins. Oscar replaces Mata (straight midfield swop).

64 mins. Torres replaces Bertrand (striker replaces defender).

66 mins. Eto'o scores.

69 mins. Azpuliceta replaces Eto'o (defender replaces striker)

78 mins. Oscar scores.

82 mins. Hazard scores his second.

4-1.

Does Moyes have any idea what Mourhino is talking about?

Class.

Jose and The Special Ones

THE SPECIAL ONE

Right.

1 each after a cock-up by Luis, and Hazard has equalised.

59 mins. Oscar replaces Mata (straight midfield swop).

64 mins. Torres replaces Bertrand (striker replaces defender).

66 mins. Eto'o scores.

69 mins. Azpuliceta replaces Eto'o (defender replaces striker)

78 mins. Oscar scores.

82 mins. Hazard scores his second.

4-1.

Does Moyes have any idea what Mourhino is talking about?

Class.

Jose and The Special Ones

First Hazard goal should not have stood, don't think the final result would be different though. Looking good!

• Like 1

Yes.

Watch this space.

Hope Mr Simmonds enjoyed it.

SP

I enjoyed the second half a bit more than i did the 1st. Ramires looked out of sorts which is not like him. William had a good game as did Hazard, and Oscar when he came on,Bertrand was ok too. I did feel as though the International break did have an effect on the overall performance.

Still onwards and upwards smile.png

• Like 1

Yes.

Watch this space.

SP

I enjoyed the second half a bit more than i did the 1st. Ramires looked out of sorts which is not like him. William had a good game as did Hazard, and Oscar when he came on,Bertrand was ok too. I did feel as though the International break did have an effect on the overall performance.

When I looked at the starting line up,I thought that if this lot hit the ground running,it will be master class. Well,it was anything but, with some of the players looking off the pace and lethargic. It was a good job that Terry was at the races because Luiz played like he couldn't care a <deleted>. I agree about Ramires,Keith. He was very one paced and was slow to react to any counter attacks. Bertrand played great, considering this was his first start for a long time. How refreshing to see a full back actually able to go past a player. Eto'o was sharp which was good to see. Hazard looked lively and looks to be approaching his best form

What Mourinho has to address is this lack of concentration,especially when we play the lesser teams. It seems like it needs a goal from the opposition to wake us up.

All in all,a very frustrating first half with Cardiff looking like they weren't effected by the off field crap. Much better second half by us,when the game got stretched, but I'm still not completely at peace with the way we are playing. Cardiff must feel hard done by,as the scoreline didn't reflect what went on in the game.

Very pleased to see that Bertrand, Eto'o, Hazard, Willian and Oscar seem to get the thumbs up.

Looks like a lot of teams in the Prem had a bit of international tiredness.

Any comments from the ringside on Mata, Keith?

Yes.

Watch this space.

SP

When I looked at the starting line up,I thought that if this lot hit the ground running,it will be master class. Well,it was anything but, with some of the players looking off the pace and lethargic. It was a good job that Terry was at the races because Luiz played like he couldn't care a <deleted>. I agree about Ramires,Keith. He was very one paced and was slow to react to any counter attacks. Bertrand played great, considering this was his first start for a long time. How refreshing to see a full back actually able to go past a player. Eto'o was sharp which was good to see. Hazard looked lively and looks to be approaching his best form

What Mourinho has to address is this lack of concentration,especially when we play the lesser teams. It seems like it needs a goal from the opposition to wake us up.

All in all,a very frustrating first half with Cardiff looking like they weren't effected by the off field crap. Much better second half by us,when the game got stretched, but I'm still not completely at peace with the way we are playing. Cardiff must feel hard done by,as the scoreline didn't reflect what went on in the game.

I had to smile to myself knowing your opinion on Cole (which i agree with),when Bertrand ..second half i think..pushed the ball past there right winger and ran onto it ...something i don,t think i have ever seen Cole do....great stuff