Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Oh,so it's 'nearly every weekend' now is it?. What about when we beat Spurs 4-0 as well? There have been seven occasions where we've played this way this season. Man Utd.,Arsenal,Liverpool and Man. City away, Man City at home and,in the Champions League,PSG and Athletico Madrid.

Every weekend? Even at home? 22nd. March 2014 Chelsea 6 Arsenal 0.......real 'backs against the wall stuff' that was.

Constructive as ever.....no hint of bitterness............jog on

No Keith no bitterness but i do feel Smokes should show you a little sympathy for what you have to go through for ninety minutes every weekendwink.png

OK, nearly every weekend!

I don't find Chelsea an attractive side to watch and it appears the majority of posters on here agree with me. If you think otherwise then thats fine but personally i find the Mourinho brand of football dull and frankly tedious.

Apart from the fact he comes across as a true vulgarian of an individual its also Mourinho's brand of anti football that was responsible for him not even being approached for the Man Utd position. I know you won't like to hear it but its quite probably true.

Like i say thats my opinion and whilst i know you don't like other peoples opinions if they differ from yours it is an open forum. I have praised Chelsea for a very professional, disciplined performance but you won't make me pretend to enjoy it just to please you.

Not much point railing against him in this his first year, when he has to work with what resources he has. Let's see what next year brings then lambast him for negativity if appropriate.

Let's not forget they have beaten Liverpool and Manchester City twice and Arsenal once. Not drawn 0-0, beaten.

But maybe I'm wierd - I enjoy watching skilled defence .... for a change. If every team was always just going at attack hell for leather with both teams demonstrating poor defensive work I could eventually find that equally dull

If you look at Chelsea's record against the other top clubs you'd think they should have had the title done and dusted a while ago.

yeah santi, i found it good to watch and yeah carms if cheseas attacking unit were as ruthless and effective as there defence, they wouldnt have struggled against the smaller teams who, sort of, tried to do 2 them what they did to liverpool. probaby explains what murry boys been on about when he's been on one, moaning bout his strike force. lets hope murry boy.aint quite so shit hot when it comes.to.pickin strikers!! cos.if he is, god <deleted> help us !!!!!!!!
  • Like 2

Not much point railing against him in this his first year, when he has to work with what resources he has. Let's see what next year brings then lambast him for negativity if appropriate.

Let's not forget they have beaten Liverpool and Manchester City twice and Arsenal once. Not drawn 0-0, beaten.

But maybe I'm wierd - I enjoy watching skilled defence .... for a change. If every team was always just going at attack hell for leather with both teams demonstrating poor defensive work I could eventually find that equally dull

If you look at Chelsea's record against the other top clubs you'd think they should have had the title done and dusted a while ago.

yeah santi, i found it good to watch and yeah carms if cheseas attacking unit were as ruthless and effective as there defence, they wouldnt have struggled against the smaller teams who, sort of, tried to do 2 them what they did to liverpool. probaby explains what murry boys been on about when he's been on one, moaning bout his strike force. lets hope murry boy.aint quite so shit hot when it comes.to.pickin strikers!! cos.if he is, god <deleted> help us !!!!!!!!

Well if rumours come to fruition then they will be sorting the strikers situation out this summer unfortunately.

I wonder how bad that injury to Costa is because it looked nasty.

Well if rumours come to fruition then they will be sorting the strikers situation out this summer unfortunately.

I wonder how bad that injury to Costa is because it looked nasty.

Hes OK.

Played last night and will be ready against Chelsea midweek

Mourinho was unrepentant about his tactics, but still refused to accept Chelsea can win the title and could not explain why he ran up the tunnel at the final whistle shouting "they wanted the clowns."

Asked what he meant he said: "I don't know. I was speaking with somebody that was speaking about the circus."

blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Well at least I know where P45 gets it from!!

It's called 'implicit' communication as opposed to 'explicit' communication, Jack.

Many people were expecting Liverpool to win 3, 4, or 5 nil.

Brendan Rodgers' style works fine when Liverpool are up against lesser competition. They blow mid/lower table teams away with their attacking style.

Against high quality competition, like he will be up against in the CL next season, he will have to apply some finesse too.

He will have a better squad to do it I guess.

Man City lost to Liverpool at Anfield cos they allowed the Liverpool steamroller to roll in the first half.

Mourinho did another tactical masterclass yesterday.

You may not lot like him or his style, but he certainly isn't a clown.

Turd football then....any of the above.....

I'm struggling going to sleep.

Chelsea have beaten City and Liverpool home and away this season.

No other team in the prem has done that.

We put 6 past the @rse at The Bridge.

Mourinho is Special but he ain't Jesus H Christ.

May I suggest with respect that You are the turd.

Not with any respect you won't.

Ok Smokie, we don't need to fall out over this.

How many goals have Spurs scored in the prem and what's their goal diff?

Chelsea supporters like me have been sweating cobs over the Liverpool game for the past week.

We win, the final whistle goes and somebody comes on with severe criticism in our moment of victory.

It was a deserved victory.

We are the 3rd highest goalscorers in the epl with the best defensive record by a country mile.

Just like Atletico Madrid in La Liga.

Very well done for a disciplined performance. Worthy winners you were but thank heavens i don't have to watch Mourinho football every week. Its ghastly to watch but i'm even more confident now he can bore us, torture us infact, all the way to another CL win.biggrin.png

I am actually amazed that on the second goal, that Torres didnt take the ball straight to the corner flag!!

You have to applaud the 'professional' manner in which Chelsea played, but I am glad I dont have to watch that every week. It would do my head in.

Yes its clinical disciplined stuff, no doubt about it. Its just dreadful to have to watch, and i can't help thinking that with the massive resources available to him, with the flair and talent at his disposal, Mourinho couldn't at least try to offer something that borders on entertainment.

Personally I find it highly entertaining.

When we score with a swift counter against top teams, the brief moment is very very sweet.

My concern next season would that with a world class striker like Cavani or Costa, we lose our shape!

BTW. PSG frightened me much more than Atletico Madrid frontline.

Not convinced Costa would cut it in the prem.

Mourinho was unrepentant about his tactics, but still refused to accept Chelsea can win the title and could not explain why he ran up the tunnel at the final whistle shouting "they wanted the clowns."

Asked what he meant he said: "I don't know. I was speaking with somebody that was speaking about the circus."

blink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Well at least I know where P45 gets it from!!

It's called 'implicit' communication as opposed to 'explicit' communication, Jack.

Many people were expecting Liverpool to win 3, 4, or 5 nil.

Brendan Rodgers' style works fine when Liverpool are up against lesser competition. They blow mid/lower table teams away with their attacking style.

Against high quality competition, like he will be up against in the CL next season, he will have to apply some finesse too.

He will have a better squad to do it I guess.

Man City lost to Liverpool at Anfield cos they allowed the Liverpool steamroller to roll in the first half.

Mourinho did another tactical masterclass yesterday.

You may not lot like him or his style, but he certainly isn't a clown.

I don't know who expected us to win by 3 or more but whoever they are they know &lt;deleted&gt; all about football.

Brendan Rodgers style has worked fine against ever club in the league, only the Murderer of football got the better of us on the day after an 11 run win streak which had to end sooner or later and the game was only won by a very lucky gift.

You also need to remember this is a team you should beat, this is a team that came 7th last season, this a team whose marque summer signing was iago Aspas for 5 quid. This is a team that will still finish above you in the league.

• Like 1

Very well done for a disciplined performance. Worthy winners you were but thank heavens i don't have to watch Mourinho football every week. Its ghastly to watch but i'm even more confident now he can bore us, torture us infact, all the way to another CL win.biggrin.png

I am actually amazed that on the second goal, that Torres didnt take the ball straight to the corner flag!!

You have to applaud the 'professional' manner in which Chelsea played, but I am glad I dont have to watch that every week. It would do my head in.

Yes its clinical disciplined stuff, no doubt about it. Its just dreadful to have to watch, and i can't help thinking that with the massive resources available to him, with the flair and talent at his disposal, Mourinho couldn't at least try to offer something that borders on entertainment.

Personally I find it highly entertaining.

When we score with a swift counter against top teams, the brief moment is very very sweet.

My concern next season would that with a world class striker like Cavani or Costa, we lose our shape!

BTW. PSG frightened me much more than Atletico Madrid frontline.

Not convinced Costa would cut it in the prem.

And i respect your opion mate, if you find it entertaining then good on you and i like the fact that you don't become unpleasant just because you opinion differs from others.biggrin.png

• Like 1

I do me best carmine. Sometimes I lose it.

facepalm.gif

Bob speaks TRUTH.

Chelsea problem this season: not beating some mid table/lower table teams.

Culminating in the Sunderland debacle when the title is getting seriously tense.

Gus Poyet done very well. Looks like he can save Sunderland.

Good manager.

thumbsup.gif

facepalm.gif

Bob speaks TRUTH.

Culminating in the Sunderland debacle when the title is getting seriously tense.

Good manager.

thumbsup.gif

Yes, like i said, look at your record against the other top sides and you would have thought Chelsea would have the title sown up already.

facepalm.gif

Bob speaks TRUTH.

Good manager.

thumbsup.gif

Sunderland will hopefully survive at the expense of Norwich.

• Like 1

Yep. Ain't that the truth.

And Luis Suarez and Eden Hazard need to be congratulated.

Especially Suarez, after he got booed at the PFA awards last year.

Credit to him and Rodgers.

thumbsup.gif

I like Triumph in Adversity.

'Soak up the pressure, catch 'em on the counter.'

Did I mention that I love Jose biggrin.png

How do you feel about Roberto, mrbojangles?

I'm talking about Martinez, not Mancini.

biggrin.png

In your hands now, as you say.

We done our best against Liverpool.

thumbsup.gif

I like Martinez anyway. But I am hoping to love him also next week!!

• Like 2

Oh,so it's 'nearly every weekend' now is it?. What about when we beat Spurs 4-0 as well? There have been seven occasions where we've played this way this season. Man Utd.,Arsenal,Liverpool and Man. City away, Man City at home and,in the Champions League,PSG and Athletico Madrid.

Every weekend? Even at home? 22nd. March 2014 Chelsea 6 Arsenal 0.......real 'backs against the wall stuff' that was.

No Keith no bitterness but i do feel Smokes should show you a little sympathy for what you have to go through for ninety minutes every weekendwink.png

OK, nearly every weekend!

I don't find Chelsea an attractive side to watch and it appears the majority of posters on here agree with me. If you think otherwise then thats fine but personally i find the Mourinho brand of football dull and frankly tedious.

Apart from the fact he comes across as a true vulgarian of an individual its also Mourinho's brand of anti football that was responsible for him not even being approached for the Man Utd position. I know you won't like to hear it but its quite probably true.

Like i say thats my opinion and whilst i know you don't like other peoples opinions if they differ from yours it is an open forum. I have praised Chelsea for a very professional, disciplined performance but you won't make me pretend to enjoy it just to please you.

Of course you can voice your opinion. You don't like Chelsea, Mourinho and his "brand of football". But when I take issue with you,and others here,that make statements that are palpably wrong,and I've given you a few scorelines to prove that you are wrong, don't gloss it over by saying it's "your opinion".

Well I don't know.

We all have different views about this. Attack v Defence.

Brazil used to win World Cups without any sort of defence.biggrin.png

Guardiola at Bayern seems to blending Barca ticky tacky with rugged German physical.

The game's evolving. What turns you on?

I'm not convinced that the traditional UNITED way will work in the modern game.

Brendan will need to be cuter next season in the CL.

Mourinho needs strikers. So long as he can blend them with current strengths.

Arsenal, Tottenham? Wot they gonna do?

Martinez at Everton looks on the ball.

Fascinating.

But at the end of the day we are all passionate football supporters who want our team to win.

Me. Happy with the way things are moving forward at Chelski.

Would this team need a manager?

Premier League Team of the Year: Petr Cech (Chelsea), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Vincent Kompany (Man City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Seamus Coleman (Everton), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Yaya Toure (Man City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Luis Suarez (Liverpool), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool).

Here's the ball, go and play Guardiola's Bayern.

I'd pay good money to see that one.

Who would win?

facepalm.gif

Bob speaks TRUTH.

Good manager.

thumbsup.gif

Yes, like i said, look at your record against the other top sides and you would have thought Chelsea would have the title sown up already.

True. Yet, if you look at our strikers you wonder how we are challenging.

At times I find Chelsea's football boring, but a typical counter attacking team we are not. Against the top sides we may be, but against the rest we are mostly dominant. In fact yesterday, Liverpool looked like Chelsea do most of the time.

Fair point mjj.

But if you are up against poor competition you don't have to be too cute.

You just go out and beat 'em.

Liverpool faced quality competition yesterday....and they lost.

Main difference between Lpool and Chelski is, they have better strikers, we have a very solid defence.

smile.png

Edited by P45Mustang

Turd football then....any of the above.....

wink.png Yeah thats a nice touch. coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

In all the excitement I forgot to mention how well Kalas played. Only 20 years old and didn't look out of place at all........and he came close to scoring. I hope he is used more often next season.

With Zouma coming in (or will he be loaned) we seem to be spoilt for choice at CB.

• Like 1

Chelsea. 69 goals, 26 against.

Arsenal. 62 goals, 41 against.

Spurs. 52 goals, 49 against.

Who's more entertaining?

We can dispatch the inadequacy of Spurs quite easily.

What is more interesting is the comparison with Arsenal.

ive no issue with the defensive tactics that murry used at liverpool, but what i've issues with is hypocracy, ok for him to use them but quick enuf to slate west ham, for succefully using against him. how did he call it? 'taking football bac to the 19 th century' as i said hypocracy

• Like 2

I hear you rijit. I've had this debate on another thread.

Point is this:

You can play defensively to preserve a draw. i.e.. not lose. OK fine.

You can play defensively to stop the other side scoring and hope to win by counterattack.

It may sound like semantics, but there is a difference. It is a state of mind.

Chelsea went to Liverpool knowing the ONLY WAY to beat them was with a defensive set up.

Chelsea didn't play for a draw.

They wanted to win. The only way Mourinho could do it was exactly what we saw happen.

Tactical masterclass. Win. Job done.

• Like 2