Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Oh,so it's 'nearly every weekend' now is it?. What about when we beat Spurs 4-0 as well? There have been seven occasions where we've played this way this season. Man Utd.,Arsenal,Liverpool and Man. City away, Man City at home and,in the Champions League,PSG and Athletico Madrid.

Every weekend? Even at home? 22nd. March 2014 Chelsea 6 Arsenal 0.......real 'backs against the wall stuff' that was.

Constructive as ever.....no hint of bitterness............jog on

No Keith no bitterness but i do feel Smokes should show you a little sympathy for what you have to go through for ninety minutes every weekendwink.png

OK, nearly every weekend!

I don't find Chelsea an attractive side to watch and it appears the majority of posters on here agree with me. If you think otherwise then thats fine but personally i find the Mourinho brand of football dull and frankly tedious.

Apart from the fact he comes across as a true vulgarian of an individual its also Mourinho's brand of anti football that was responsible for him not even being approached for the Man Utd position. I know you won't like to hear it but its quite probably true.

Like i say thats my opinion and whilst i know you don't like other peoples opinions if they differ from yours it is an open forum. I have praised Chelsea for a very professional, disciplined performance but you won't make me pretend to enjoy it just to please you.

Of course you can voice your opinion. You don't like Chelsea, Mourinho and his "brand of football". But when I take issue with you,and others here,that make statements that are palpably wrong,and I've given you a few scorelines to prove that you are wrong, don't gloss it over by saying it's "your opinion".

You really need to lighten up and chill outwink.png

Tbh though carmine I know exactly how oldgit feels.

Whenever there is Chelsea success, people (with their own agenda) make EXCUSES.

Like. Chelsea play defensively and are boring and didn't deserve to win.

Like. Chelsea have shed loads of money, so winning is guaranteed.

Somewhat ironic since Mourinho is criticised as master of excuse.

So when excellent victories like against Liverpool, or excellent performances like away to Atletico Madrid get the full brunt of negativity from people with their own agenda, we get somewhat deflated.

Especially when it comes to big games like the SEMIFINAL OF THE CL.

Our performance against top quality opposition is OUTSTANDING:

Chelsea's league record against top-four rivals this season

• v Liverpool won 2-0 and 2-1
  • v Man City won 1-0 and 2-1
  • v Arsenal won 6-0 and drew 0-0

13 GOALS SCORED. 2 GOALS CONCEDED.

OUTSTANDING.

Mourhino and his players are to be congratulated.

Edited by P45Mustang

Of course one of the things I have forgotten to mention:

Game plan against Liverpool was executed impeccably by a team of players not used to playing together against highest high quality competition, least of all at the inferno of Anfield, and including the rookie Kalas, and the old and wise Schwarzer.thumbsup.gif

OUTSTANDING.

We move from the cauldron of Madrid, to the fire of Anfield and back to our home at Stamford Bridge.

thumbsup.gif

Classless mocking of a vanquished enemy.

"vanquished enemy" laugh.png It was a lucky goal that won the match, hilarious how it is being distorted on here like the greatest win ever clap2.gif

Just realised that was you Santi. I thought you were an Arsenal fan, when did you switch?tongue.png

"vanquished enemy" laugh.pngIt was a lucky goal that won the match, hilarious how it is being distorted on here like the greatest win ever clap2.gif

Just realised that was you Santi. I thought you were an Arsenal fan, when did you switch?tongue.png

I disagree Bob.

It was a goal waiting to happen.

Second goal was icing on the cake.

That also was pretty inevitable too mind.

smile.png

"vanquished enemy" laugh.pngIt was a lucky goal that won the match, hilarious how it is being distorted on here like the greatest win ever clap2.gif

I disagree Bob.

smile.png

Of course you would, subjectively is your choice.

The amount of memes and "mocking" videos and pics would suggest otherwise. It was a goal that had <deleted> all to do with "tactical genius" The second goal is totally irrelevant had the first gift not been given.

Parallels here with the United Liverpool game. United admittedly hadn't dominated the game like Liverpool were doing against Chelsea, but we were controlling things well and Liverpool hadn't created any real openings. Then Jones inexplicably puts his arm out to block a ball in the box, a penalty is given, and we are down a goal and chasing the game. I felt there was an element of luck involved in Liverpool's win, because without being gifted that first goal, they didn't look like they would have created it. Was told by Liverpool fans, who celebrated "a great win" much like Chelsea fans are now doing, that they hadn't created anything because they hadn't needed to, and that the result wasn't the result of luck, but rather the result of great tactics. Guess Chelsea fans can now argue the same thing.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Its quite hilarious that Chelski with all the money spent and depth of players have to resort to these tactics....personally I disagree with Santi....to win the league you should go out and attack and beat the opposition...more than simply parking the bus and hoping to snatch a goal.

Both can be effective though as we've seen....Drogba pulled them out of many a hole even at their chav palace.

Parking the bus does indeed seem a sad way for a team that has all the resources Chelsea does, to play, but, at the end of the day, if the fans are happy enough with it, and if they get the right results, up to them I guess. My only real objection concerns the time wasting business, that has been a hallmark of Mourinho's teams right from the Porto days. Drives me absolutely crazy. Wish the refs stamped down on it more.

Its quite hilarious that Chelski with all the money spent and depth of players have to resort to these tactics....personally I disagree with Santi....to win the league you should go out and attack and beat the opposition...more than simply parking the bus and hoping to snatch a goal.

Maybe that explains why you haven't won it since 1961 then, doesn't it?

Nah, it's just cos you're crap.

biggrin.png

I disagree Bob.

smile.png

Of course you would, subjectively is your choice.

The amount of memes and "mocking" videos and pics would suggest otherwise. It was a goal that had <deleted> all to do with "tactical genius" The second goal is totally irrelevant had the first gift not been given.

"Let the power of the enemy destroy itself.'

Especially if they are ignorant.

Kill Bill.

10 onto 1 don't necessarily win.

biggrin.png

( Fair chance Torres and Willian will beat Mignolet though after the main battle was won.)

Both can be effective though as we've seen....Drogba pulled them out of many a hole even at their chav palace.

Parking the bus does indeed seem a sad way for a team that has all the resources Chelsea does, to play, but, at the end of the day, if the fans are happy enough with it, and if they get the right results, up to them I guess. My only real objection concerns the time wasting business, that has been a hallmark of Mourinho's teams right from the Porto days. Drives me absolutely crazy. Wish the refs stamped down on it more.

yep, and exeters manager paul tisdale reckons its now called 'game manegement ' exeter, he doesnt adhere to it.

but if your up against a better team away from home u can probably reduce your 'losing 'time by 10%? u can c why its being done

biggrin.png

Might change though if they listen to paul titsdale at exeter.

Think Big I always say.

biggrin.png

If you hadn't come into a billion quid you'd be wallowing in the second division playing in front of 6000 every week.

Funny old game right enough.

biggrin.png

If you hadn't come into a billion quid you'd be wallowing in the second division playing in front of 6000 every week.

If you hadn't got 85mil for Bale you might have a better goal diff.

Get your own house in order before you start pontificating on SW6.

smile.png

Edited by P45Mustang

Chelsea: Petr Cech & John Terry return to training. http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27206179 Not sure what to make of this.

Lampard and Mikel suspended so can't play.

Is Ivanovic out through suspension?

Think Ivan is ok to play..............thought schwarzer has had a good couple of games,can,t really blame him for the opening goal against Sunderland (that was down to piss poor marking at the corner) so not a problem for me if Cech is out. If Oscar plays he owes us a big big performance.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

biggrin.png

Sorry, who are you talking about?

We've paid our own way mate.

And we've never been relegated unlike other clubs I know.

biggrin.png

Head banging torture.

Spurs have got a chip on their shoulder the size of a brick.

Real Madrid are the most successful club in Europe over the past 20 years.

It's a business.

Levy does his power play.cheesy.gif

Arsenal fiddle on the fringe of greatness.smile.png