Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Squad rotation is overrated. In our 2 winning seasons you could pick the starting 11 it was so obvious and they more often than not started. I'm pretty sure Leicester and Chelsea winning teams rarely rotated. Best 11 for Premier, squad players to fill in for injuries and play domestic cups.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Squad rotation is overrated. In our 2 winning seasons you could pick the starting 11 it was so obvious and they more often than not started. I'm pretty sure Leicester and Chelsea winning teams rarely rotated. Best 11 for Premier, squad players to fill in for injuries and play domestic cups.

Certainly a very good point about Leicester.  Ranieri suffered very few injuries, kept the side and the rest is history. 

Ofcourse, that said, they didn't have much in the way of fixtures aside of the league.  They also were not playing a high intensity pressing style which saps players preferring to sit back cede possession and rapid counter attacking

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

In our last 2 games we have given the opposition more chances than in the previous 5 games.........Hazard looked a liitle jaded to me,whether that was due to  a knock he picked up on international duty ,dont know. Yep its great we have only been playing 1 game a week,but that,s about to change.........and the sight of IvanTT coming on freaks me out,because that bloke is absolutely pants. I just dont want us to be relying on the same 11 week in week out .....i want to see more game time for Aina Chalobah Batshuayi even Oscar can put in a challenge and do a job for a set period of time. Look at Wilian when he came on....bloody headless chicken....speedboat with no driver......that is lack of proper game time imho, or he is just a <deleted>. Zouma will hopefully figure soon.

K/S,   are you suffering from dizzy spells, being perched on top of the table, under Conte???

cobber, let Conte The Great One continue with his  work , sit back and enjoy, we would have never dreamt in a million years,that we would be in Pole Position

E/S  was hoping for a top four at best, feels great to be in the firing line( at this point of time) for another E.P.L  title  but our biggest test is this saturday , see how we go

a nice late evening to all

In our last 2 games we have given the opposition more chances than in the previous 5 games.........Hazard looked a liitle jaded to me,whether that was due to  a knock he picked up on international duty ,dont know. Yep its great we have only been playing 1 game a week,but that,s about to change.........and the sight of IvanTT coming on freaks me out,because that bloke is absolutely pants. I just dont want us to be relying on the same 11 week in week out .....i want to see more game time for Aina Chalobah Batshuayi even Oscar can put in a challenge and do a job for a set period of time. Look at Wilian when he came on....bloody headless chicken....speedboat with no driver......that is lack of proper game time imho, or he is just a <deleted>. Zouma will hopefully figure soon. 

Pretty much agree with all of that especially the Ivan the terrible comment. I nearly exploded when he came on is Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

In our last 2 games we have given the opposition more chances than in the previous 5 games.........Hazard looked a liitle jaded to me,whether that was due to  a knock he picked up on international duty ,dont know. Yep its great we have only been playing 1 game a week,but that,s about to change.........and the sight of IvanTT coming on freaks me out,because that bloke is absolutely pants. I just dont want us to be relying on the same 11 week in week out .....i want to see more game time for Aina Chalobah Batshuayi even Oscar can put in a challenge and do a job for a set period of time. Look at Wilian when he came on....bloody headless chicken....speedboat with no driver......that is lack of proper game time imho, or he is just a &lt;deleted&gt;. Zouma will hopefully figure soon. 

Squad rotation depends on the players you have at your disposal. With Ivan the sloth coming on, albeit for the last ten minutes, that put into context the quality of replacements we have. If Zouma returns as good as he was, then he's a more than adequate substitute. Terry's still capable of coming on and doing a job while Oscar can run around a bit. I agree that Hazard, by his own high standards looked slightly off, even against Middlesboro Keith. And I think it's definitely down to the injury he picked up in the international break. 

The younger players, when they do come on, need to be aware of the job they have to do which is why , I think, Conte prefers Chalobah over the less reliable but equally talented Loftus -Cheek. It struck me while watching the Spurs game that, unlike them, we've no midfield maestro (Eriksen) with the deft pass and, excluding Hazard, no one capable of the scything runs that is Dembele's trademark. But we still won because we have players that are confident, work hard and buy into a system that works for them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldgit said:

Squad rotation depends on the players you have at your disposal. With Ivan the sloth coming on, albeit for the last ten minutes, that put into context the quality of replacements we have. If Zouma returns as good as he was, then he's a more than adequate substitute. Terry's still capable of coming on and doing a job while Oscar can run around a bit. I agree that Hazard, by his own high standards looked slightly off, even against Middlesboro Keith. And I think it's definitely down to the injury he picked up in the international break. 

The younger players, when they do come on, need to be aware of the job they have to do which is why , I think, Conte prefers Chalobah over the less reliable but equally talented Loftus -Cheek. It struck me while watching the Spurs game that, unlike them, we've no midfield maestro (Eriksen) with the deft pass and, excluding Hazard, no one capable of the scything runs that is Dembele's trademark. But we still won because we have players that are confident, work hard and buy into a system that works for them.

Crikey OG. With your ability to write, if you were a bunch more stupid than you are you might have made a fine pundit.:biggrin:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, evenstevens said:

my two cobbers, O/G and K/S ,

both of you.s have lost the script,

fluffin hell on top of the heap, and u are pointing  bones???

my call is

drop out of the top four,at the end of the season, then go for your life,

and E/S will join you,s

a nice evening to all

Strewth cobber, we're getting edgy because, after the masterclass against Everton,  Middlesboro gave us a few scares then Spurs ran us ragged for the first 20 mins (Dembele left Matic and Kante toiling a couple of times) . and, even when we went 2-1 up, they were still the better side for most of the second half.

Yes, we haven't got Champions League football but, with the amount of energy the team exudes during the course of the game, we've got to look at a few replacements at least. 9 untouchables and two floaters sounds about right to me. K/S is a 'trite' concerned with Willian but, given another run out, I reckon he'll be fit and focussed enough to step in for Pedro, when the need arises. I'm always concerned with Alonso's lack of pace. He's like a newly born foal galloping down the wing and takes ages to get back defensively. I would stick Aina in for some games. Have you seen Nathan Ake at Bournmouth recently? Stand on me, if he's not back in the squad at Chelsea next season, I'll go to work.

• Like 1

Strewth cobber, we're getting edgy because, after the masterclass against Everton,  Middlesboro gave us a few scares then Spurs ran us ragged for the first 20 mins (Dembele left Matic and Kante toiling a couple of times) . and, even when we went 2-1 up, they were still the better side for most of the second half.
 Yes, we haven't got Champions League football but, with the amount of energy the team exudes during the course of the game, we've got to look at a few replacements at least. 9 untouchables and two floaters sounds about right to me. K/S is a 'trite' concerned with Willian but, given another run out, I reckon he'll be fit and focussed enough to step in for Pedro, when the need arises. I'm always concerned with Alonso's lack of pace. He's like a newly born foal galloping down the wing and takes ages to get back defensively. I would stick Aina in for some games. Have you seen Nathan Ake at Bournmouth recently? Stand on me, if he's not back in the squad at Chelsea next season, I'll go to work.

Ake has been very good recently with a lot of praise coming from many a pundit. Not sure he's made the grade yet though?

10 minutes ago, MrTrip said:

Ake has been very good recently with a lot of praise coming from many a pundit. Not sure he's made the grade yet though?

He's got loads of natural ability Mr. T. He's quick which is another reason I like him plus he can play centre back or wing back. Maybe he loses concentration occasionally but that can be addressed as Conte has proved with Luiz.

• Like 1

Alonso not so good today, same can be said of Kante to a lesser extent. Bad luck on Cahill for there goal. Costa, at times unbelievable skills on the ball and still very disciplined. That was wilian all over,breathtaking I minute,knob head the next. Never looked under pressure throughout that game despite the chances city had and the possion they had a times. Thought cesc perlo fabregas played well....pass to Costa was perfection. Clinical Chelsea. Well done boys.

• Like 1