Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

10 hours ago, sanemax said:

Chelsea though that Lukaku wasnt worth 90 Million and replacing the 29 year old Matic with the 23 year old Bakayoko , seems like a good move , considering that Matic hasnt been playing well for the past few years

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:..........Matic MOM in his last two games for United.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, petermik said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:..........Matic MOM in his last two games for United.

Yeah, hilarious milko. Out of interest, when Mourinho signed Matic, did you think that he was the missing piece to the puzzle, so an upgrade on your Player of the Year,  Ander Herrera?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Now that was more like it. Disciplined from start to finish. Victor Moses excellent along with Luiz,Christensen,Dave...well all of em really. Thought Morata was a little lightweight at times but its early days,and Bakayoko who I would have subbed early in the second half actually got a second wind and came into his own late on. Yep great win and well deserved...???hats of to Conte...a truly great coach.???

You had two shots on target and scored twice, one due to a horrendous mistake by Lloris.  You only had nine attempts at goal as opposed to 18 by Spurs, and whilst i believe possession to be an over rated stat you managed a mere 32%  Yes Chelsea showed a lot of character and were well organized but i do think you're getting rather carried away with the realities.  

However, the one reality that is undoubted is you took the three points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, carmine said:

You had two shots on target and scored twice, one due to a horrendous mistake by Lloris.  You only had nine attempts at goal as opposed to 18 by Spurs, and whilst i believe possession to be an over rated stat you managed a mere 32%  Yes Chelsea showed a lot of character and were well organized but i do think you're getting rather carried away with the realities.  

However, the one reality that is undoubted is you took the three points.

Back to our bloody minded, cantankerous best. Spurs threw everything at us,including the kitchen sink, but we did what we do best, sat back, organised ourselves, defended and countered when we could. Kante was immense and Alonso and Moses were in their element. However, we will still need speed on the flanks when teams do to us what we did to Spurs. Bakayoko was struggling for fitness but he'll do, thankyou very much!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Back to our bloody minded, cantankerous best. Spurs threw everything at us,including the kitchen sink, but we did what we do best, sat back, organised ourselves, defended and countered when we could. Kante was immense and Alonso and Moses were in their element. However, we will still need speed on the flanks when teams do to us what we did to Spurs. Bakayoko was struggling for fitness but he'll do, thankyou very much!

Thats very fair comment.  Conte deserves particular praise in my book for the manner in which he had the team respond to the opening day defeat amid the usual media hyperbole after an unexpected defeat.  If you aren't sure of a Chelsea MOM on any given day i suppose its just awarded to Kante.  Dembele in that kind of form would destroy most midfields.  

• Like 1

Tactics won it. Azpilacueta back where he should be and Luiz in midfield was excellent. Worth remembering that Spurs's goal was a gift.

The Burnley defeat should not be overstated; Chelsea were awful, but for just half an hour and Burnley took full advantage

Good 3 points well earned and well deserved. Rudiger is more and more looking the part and i cant really see Cahill getting his place back (good) imo. Moses really solid again and Willian was very very good in that 1st half. I,ll be honest and say i did not think that this was the game for Fabregas to start but Everton were so so bad that his lack of pace didn,t matter at all,and he ran the show for most parts. 

Will we sign anyone this week???  Personally i doubt it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Good 3 points well earned and well deserved. Rudiger is more and more looking the part and i cant really see Cahill getting his place back (good) imo. Moses really solid again and Willian was very very good in that 1st half. I,ll be honest and say i did not think that this was the game for Fabregas to start but Everton were so so bad that his lack of pace didn,t matter at all,and he ran the show for most parts. 

Will we sign anyone this week???  Personally i doubt it.

Everton were lifeless but that is probably due to travelling to and from Croatia. I agree that Willian was very good and the back three looked assured even though they had little threat to deal with. I reckon they'll be signings though Keith. We need a couple at least, to add depth to the squad for much sterner tests to come

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

Everton were lifeless but that is probably due to travelling to and from Croatia. I agree that Willian was very good and the back three looked assured even though they had little threat to deal with. I reckon they'll be signings though Keith. We need a couple at least, to add depth to the squad for much sterner tests to come

Take nothing from this game boys, bang average side, slow as <deleted>, lost a 28 goal striker for <deleted> all and are <deleted> kidding themselves 

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

They were lifeless for large parts and I'm sure you are right and Europa played a big part but there is definitely a lit to desired with chelsea display and on that note I'd like to thank you for wasting the signing of Salah who has exploded onto the scene. His final balls can be a bit pasty but he is a complete workhorse who will come very very good after 10 games of sharpness. Thanks for that.

11 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

They were lifeless for large parts and I'm sure you are right and Europa played a big part but there is definitely a lit to desired with chelsea display and on that note I'd like to thank you for wasting the signing of Salah who has exploded onto the scene. His final balls can be a bit pasty but he is a complete workhorse who will come very very good after 10 games of sharpness. Thanks for that.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since we signed him in 2014. He was a tricky, explosive player but a bit lightweight plus he was up against Hazard for a first team slot. After a season with us, there was a loan move to Fiorentina, then another to Roma before a permanent move in 2016 to them. Nobody will know how he would have fared, if he had stayed with us, but my guess is the club did him a big favour by allowing him to play elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, oldgit said:

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since we signed him in 2014. He was a tricky, explosive player but a bit lightweight plus he was up against Hazard for a first team slot. After a season with us, there was a loan move to Fiorentina, then another to Roma before a permanent move in 2016 to them. Nobody will know how he would have fared, if he had stayed with us, but my guess is the club did him a big favour by allowing him to play elsewhere.

The pasta and meat balls have done him the world of good. At one point in the 2nd half yesterday a ball was odds on to go out of play I assumed; and how he was able to get that speed up to keep it in was shocking. He's got an engine and a half.

4 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Well if he wants "Nights in White Satin" maybe he should sign for Dirty Leeds, the "Question" is should he "Go Now" or wait until "Tuesday Afternoon"?

"Isn't Life Strange" Oldgit, "I Know You're Out There", "Watching and Waiting". It's "Lovely to See You", you "Melancholy Man", but "Voices in the Sky" tell me your "Legend of a Mind" lives in a "Blue World". Here's hoping your "Wildest Dreams" come true and we win the lot!

Hehe, very good BM I'm impressed. Let's hope that he doesn't disappear into "The Sunset!"

On ‎13‎/‎8‎/‎2560 at 8:57 AM, evenstevens said:

without  Kante,s presence  C/sea  and Conte are fluffed,

even  Blind Freddy would know that Morata is ten times the better striker then  Bat Kitkat ,how Conte placed him   ahead in the pecking order has ,got E/S stumped

wishful thinking about Hazard  and  Bakayoko ,both are weeks away  from full fitness,if Conte really wants to stay at the Bridge he better consider in moving Luiz to midfeild

pairing up with Kante with The Rat suspended, away to Totts and at home to Everton, lose both of them and Conte is a Deadman Walking,  ,Roman has removed  his gun from his holster,  Conte better shut up about their T/F policy,s etc etc ,and remove his tracksuit and get C/sea back on track  ,otherwise Roman will pull the trigger,E/S got no doubts about that,and it will be straight between the eyes

a very nice morningto all,

just a polite reminder of my post two weeks ago, on the money in all key area,s which threatened to derail our whole season,but with wins against Totts/Everton it seems to have been averted as Roman has put in his safety clip back  ON  position ,with his gun,and ordered his helicopter back to the hangar,but his poliot  is on full alert,  just a tip for Conte stop your Italian tantrums,and stick to  what you do best,Coaching/Managering,which without any doubt is equal to any Manager in the world,throw in your tactical nous,E/S rrates you number one,but keep your tantrums in house, Roman and the Board  will not tolerate  any thing less,,MUMS THE  WORD  Conte

otherwise Roman will remove that safety clip, and POW your dead,no matter what

BTW The Ox,s T/F is on hold,as he wants to play in a defensive  M/F position, not as a wing back which Conte wants, totally agree with Conte on this one

players now adays want everything their way,don,t they??

a very nice morning to all

4 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Oxlade rejected the offer #Kloppeffect.  

as Blue Mutton might say "These times are a changin" 

Rejected the offer because he doesnt want to play wing-back for Chelsea , which is his primary reason for wanting to leave Arsenal

• Like 2

Just now, sanemax said:

Rejected the offer because he doesnt want to play wing-back for Chelsea , which is his primary reason for wanting to leave Arsenal

True that is part of his reasoning but Like VVD, Keita, Lemar, Salah, Solanke etc, he wants Liverpool & Klopp.

1 minute ago, BangrakBob said:

True that is part of his reasoning but Like VVD, Keita, Lemar, Salah, Solanke etc, he wants Liverpool & Klopp.

Both Salah and Solanke couldnt get into the Chelsea team and went to Liverpool to get first team action . 

You can add Borini ,Sturridge and Glenn Johnson to that list as well

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Both Salah and Solanke couldnt get into the Chelsea team and went to Liverpool to get first team action . 

You can add Borini ,Sturridge and Glenn Johnson to that list as well

I was talking about KLOPP's ability to attract talent, not historical Chelsea LFC deals.  Aside that, Salah came from Roma and was on fire there, already looks a steal and Solanke is going to be a top striker. 

Edited by BangrakBob