Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Just now, sanemax said:

Both Salah and Solanke couldnt get into the Chelsea team and went to Liverpool to get first team action . 

You can add Borini ,Sturridge and Glenn Johnson to that list as well

Indeed and you were sold a 50m dud who done really well.

55 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I was talking about KLOPP's ability to attract talent, not historical Chelsea LFC deals.  Aside that, Salah came from Roma and was on fire there, already looks a steal and Solanke is going to be a top striker. 

Marko Grujić ?

Kamil Grabara ?

Loris Karius ?

Ragnar Klavan ?

Andy Robertson ?

Joel Matip ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

Oxlade rejected the offer #Kloppeffect.  

The Klopp  effect my sweet a3rse,if the half baked pommy wannabe ,wants Loserpool ,so be it,if he was in Kante class he could, no doubt,  be calling the shots!!!

1 hour ago, BangrakBob said:

True that is part of his reasoning but Like VVD, Keita, Lemar, Salah, Solanke etc, he wants Liverpool & Klopp.

a 4.0 win against a gutless Arsenal team,and you are in the land of The Purple Haze!!! enjoy the ride

48 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I was talking about KLOPP's ability to attract talent, not historical Chelsea LFC deals.  Aside that, Salah came from Roma and was on fire there, already looks a steal and Solanke is going to be a top striker. 

let all the above playerrs win some silverware of any kind,then you are entitled to do some sptouting

15 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Indeed and you were sold a 50m dud who done really well.

yes he was a show pony at 50 mil,luckily during Romans Reign, we have dodged most  the bulletts of that pedigree,the Ox could be one too

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Marko Grujić ?

Kamil Grabara ?

Loris Karius ?

Ragnar Klavan ?

Andy Robertson ?

Joel Matip ?

Twisting my post yet again maxi. At the end of the day Oxlade would rather play for Klopp instead of the champions of England, and he's prepared to wait and see if we still want him after we do or don't sign Lemar. I'm not arsed either way but you enjoy Danny Drinkwater.

59 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Twisting my post yet again maxi. At the end of the day Oxlade would rather play for Klopp instead of the champions of England, and he's prepared to wait and see if we still want him after we do or don't sign Lemar. I'm not arsed either way but you enjoy Danny Drinkwater.

Ox wants to play in a team that he can tell the manager where he wants to play, which position .

He may sign for Liverpool, if Klopp will let him play where he wants to play

How was I twisting your words, the players that I mentioned are players that Klopp has signed for Liverpool

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Marko Grujić ?

Kamil Grabara ?

Loris Karius ?

Ragnar Klavan ?

Andy Robertson ?

Joel Matip ?

Grabara

Grujić

= prospects

Example of chelsea prospect = boga

Karius half a dud

Klavan complete dud

Example of chelsea duds

Torres

Shevchenko

Bogarde

List is very very long.

Matip - instrumental

Robertson - great start

You missed Mane.

Salah would walk into your team now.

33 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

what are you smoking??? but please pass it around:smile:

Salah will be Tossed   Salad,  by Chrissy  Time,    sadly his  minute footy  brain,   does,nt  match his pace !!!

Late Mail,   Bale  To  M/U,  Good Nite  To All

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

what are you smoking??? but please pass it around:smile:

Salah will be Tossed   Salad,  by Chrissy  Time,    sadly his  minute footy  brain,   does,nt  match his pace !!!

Late Mail,   Bale  To  M/U,  Good Nite  To All

I see what you are saying he maybe has a bit of learning to do but he will stretch teams and when he was 1on1 he did not bottle it  signs are very good for him and my bet is he finishes the season with more goals and assists than E/H.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I see what you are saying he maybe has a bit of learning to do but he will stretch teams and when he was 1on1 he did not bottle it  signs are very good for him and my bet is he finishes the season with more goals and assists than E/H.

If the mickeys can stay as disciplined and injury free as now they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Trouble is they lack half a bench.

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Ox wants to play in a team that he can tell the manager where he wants to play, which position .

He may sign for Liverpool, if Klopp will let him play where he wants to play

How was I twisting your words, the players that I mentioned are players that Klopp has signed for Liverpool

Go back to my original post, I'll repeat it for you.

Oxlade rejects 220k a week to play for the EPL champions to join LFC on 125k 

as I type the likes of VvD and Lemar are  wanting to sign for LFC we haven't had that sort of pull in years. Hence my statement "these times are a changing" nothing to do with tit for tat signings, not discounting your team or manager just an observation. 

Are you Alfie in disguise...

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

How the <deleted> Emanola gets to keep his job is beyond me. I thought Boga was nailed on to be in our squad and not loaned out to blaady Berminum. Physio,s  have got to do another wonderful job this season ...and no petty needless bookings please....and our 19 man squad might suffice...earnly exit from the Carraboo cup might not be a bad thing...but not so good for our sponsor  ?

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

thats your view and E/S respects it, if you are residing in C/Mai ,perhaps a free lunch on who gets the most goals/assists,and u got a head start as Hazard The Destroyer is still  recovering  from his broken ankle,  are we set????

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

what a load of tommy rot Bob, think you find neither party have  mentioned personal terms out into the public arena etc etc, all kept in house

besides  your 220 k guess from C/sea,is way over the  tops,feel it would be in the neighbour hood of 180 k from Arsenal new contract offer to him

and if  he has knock back a offer of 220k a week from C/sea he is a deadset Drongoe , and L/pool 125k seems a bit light to me, where do you get your info Bob??? in summing up The OX would been a nice addition to our squad,but primary as a wing back,and perhaps a little cover  for our D/F midfeilders, this certainly did not meet his ridicolous demands,from a Wannabe , who certainly has not produced the goods when played in that position for Arsenal,and gong to L/Pool he has proven players to beat,and Klopps word to be kept, to get his dreams to come true,, see how it pans out..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

what a load of tommy rot Bob, think you find neither party have  mentioned personal terms out into the public arena etc etc, all kept in house

besides  your 220 k guess from C/sea,is way over the  tops,feel it would be in the neighbour hood of 180 k from Arsenal new contract offer to him

Indeed, Ox has come out and said that there were no discussions with Chelsea as he knew Conte wanted to play him at wing back.

On 8/29/2017 at 4:09 PM, oldgit said:

Hehe, very good BM I'm impressed. Let's hope that he doesn't disappear into "The Sunset!"

Sorry to disappoint, but my friend Mr. Google helped me out a bit. Back to the matter in hand, I'm ok with him wanting to go elsewhere as he's not good enough for our midfield and clearly doesn't want to play at wing back.

I may be in a minority but I think Drinkwater would be a really good addition to our squad, he has quite a range of passing so IMO would be good cover / alternative for Fabregas when the games are coming thick and fast.

7 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

as I type the likes of VvD and Lemar are  wanting to sign for LFC we haven't had that sort of pull in years. Hence my statement "these times are a changing" nothing to do with tit for tat signings, not discounting your team or manager just an observation. 

Are you Alfie in disguise...

Reason being why he didnt want to join Chelsea is that he wants to play in mid feild , that is the primary reason why he wants to leave Arsenal, because they play him in the WB position .

And if he were to join Chelsea, he would be behind Hazard , Pedro and Fabregas competing for that position . He rejected Chelsea because he knew that he couldnt compete for a starting place

Chelsea wanted him as a WB and he doesnt want to play in that postion

He wants to join LFC , so that he can choose where he wants to play .

I do also question the "220 K" a week that Chelsea supposedly offered him .

14 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Grabara

Grujić

= prospects

Example of chelsea prospect = boga

Karius half a dud

Klavan complete dud

Example of chelsea duds

Torres

Shevchenko

Bogarde

List is very very long.

Matip - instrumental

Robertson - great start

You missed Mane.

You are moving the goalposts somewhat .

I was replying to you post about Klopps signings .

Not sure what Sheva , Torres and Bogard have to do with that

If you would like to compare like for like , Klopps signings and Contes signings

Conte : Kante , Bakayoko, Batahuayi , Morata , Ridiger . Alonso, Luiz

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Sorry to disappoint, but my friend Mr. Google helped me out a bit. Back to the matter in hand, I'm ok with him wanting to go elsewhere as he's not good enough for our midfield and clearly doesn't want to play at wing back.

I may be in a minority but I think Drinkwater would be a really good addition to our squad, he has quite a range of passing so IMO would be good cover / alternative for Fabregas when the games are coming thick and fast.

You're not in the minority with me mate. I think he'll be a good addition to the squad. I would have him over Fabregas in a starting line up. Although Fabregas did well against the Toffees, he had the freedom of Kensington and Chelsea. His range of passing is good but I'm of the opinion that he's an impact player. There were calls from loads of Chelsea fans for him to be dumped, because his partnership with Kante wasn't working then, one good game against Everton, and all is forgotten! Drinkwater and Kante, whatever the detractors might say, is a Premier League winning defensive midfield duo. With those two operating together, this would allow Bakayoko (who I like a lot) the freedom to become more offensive.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Reason being why he didnt want to join Chelsea is that he wants to play in mid feild , that is the primary reason why he wants to leave Arsenal, because they play him in the WB position .

And if he were to join Chelsea, he would be behind Hazard , Pedro and Fabregas competing for that position . He rejected Chelsea because he knew that he couldnt compete for a starting place

Chelsea wanted him as a WB and he doesnt want to play in that postion

He wants to join LFC , so that he can choose where he wants to play .

I do also question the "220 K" a week that Chelsea supposedly offered him .

Yeah it may not have been that much, more like a 180k same as Arsenal still it's 2M a year pay cut and the reason he is leaving Arsenal is ambition, something Arsenal seem to be losing week on week. 

I highly doubt he gets to play where he wants, Klopp will play him where he is best and one of the reasons he is joining is because of flexibility in positioning. Something Klopp looks for in most plsyers and tries to develop. We'll see how he goes. 

21 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah it may not have been that much, more like a 180k same as Arsenal still it's 2M a year pay cut and the reason he is leaving Arsenal is ambition, something Arsenal seem to be losing week on week. 

I highly doubt he gets to play where he wants, Klopp will play him where he is best and one of the reasons he is joining is because of flexibility in positioning. Something Klopp looks for in most plsyers and tries to develop. We'll see how he goes. 

I would hardly call leaving the current FA Cup holders , and rejecting to join the current PL Champions and joining a club has won one League cup and thats all in the last ten years to be "ambitious"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

I would hardly call leaving the current FA Cup holders , and rejecting to join the current PL Champions and joining a club has won one League cup and thats all in the last ten years to be "ambitious"

Ouch.......that,s naughty..........:cheesy:

spot on though :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Far from a "happy chappie" from all reports,pundits saying Chelsea,s transfer window has been "disastrous" :giggle:

yes not the greatest T/F Window   , but did any other  clubs fare  any better?? ,  in our case we missed  four players,with Lukelu  likely being  the biggest loss, but  that was down to the Agents Bungs being paid etc etc etc..as for the other three apart from the Ox  they were I.M.O  just  bench  players ,strengthenig our depleted squad,with Barkely we have dodged a bullett there, surgery on  hamstring injury, thats serious stuff,will he be able to come back???

in summing up,  yes a  bit underdone, but this T/F window was not a easy one for any club, andConte has to take this into account ,and get down to what he does best Managering/Coaching  ,he still has a very handy squad to defend the title, and possibly make it two in a row.. over the decades seen C/SEA in far worst situations ,then right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

My take on our activity in this transfer window.

Overall I think we've bought pretty well, although of course we'll only be able to tell that in a few months time. Of those that have come in they are either upgrades on what we had before or are giving us much needed strength in depth. For example Bakayoko is better than Matic, Morata in the long run could well be an improvement over the dynamic but disruptive and petulant Costa, Rudiger is looking decent. I think too many people are underestimating Drinkwater, he already has a fantastic understanding with Kante and he can pull out the kind of passes that only Fabregas seems capable of.

Of those who we didn't get, VVD and Sandro were clearly not for sale. Everton were apparently asking too much for Lukaku, indeed if reports that came out recently are true, they accepted considerably less from United than what they were asking from us. Oxlade Chamberlain did not over excite me and did not want to play in the position that we would have used him, so understandably he went elsewhere. Llorente was wanted by Conte and could have helped Morata settle into the PL but getting him would have held back Batshuayi; I am pleased that the latter should now get more of a chance to prove himself. Ross Barkley has failed to push on from a couple of years ago and is unavailable for at least a couple of months, signing him would have been a big risk, one only worth taking at the right price - we have enough "potential" at the club already.

With the players that have been sold or loaned out, I can't see that any of them would have got into our first eleven. It would be great to see more academy players stepping up but that's so hard to accomplish whilst picking up PL titles. My gripe with the loans/sales is that we were not able to leverage anything in the opposite direction. If Juve wanted Matic whilst we were looking at a couple of their players, surely we could have come to some agreement with them rather than selling him to a direct rival. Similarly with Abraham being loaned to Swansea, we ought to have ensured that Llorente came to us at the same time (notwithstanding my earlier comment regarding Batshuayi, this is merely an observation regarding our "ability" to negotiate).

Lastly there are those who we retained, most notably Hazard, Courtois and Conte. Conte's new contract seems a little strange to say the least, further raising questions about our negotiating skills. It would be great to see  Hazard put pen to paper on a new, longer deal. 

We have been on the end of a lot of negativity in the press in recent weeks, with reports of unrest, defections and a manager on the brink of departure. While I think we ought to have done better with some of the deals and certainly could have got deals done sooner than we did, I think we're now in pretty good shape to be competing for pots come next May.

KTBFFH!

Good post BM. What struck me about the transfer window was the similarities to the 2016 summer one. We were being linked with 'superstars' like Griezemann,  Bonucci, Nainggolen and Vidal but we wound up with Batshuiyi, Kante,  and Alonso and Luiz, both in the final hours of the window. On top of that, we either loaned or sold loads of youngsters and others surplus to requirements, just as we did this time. With Conte as manager and his preference for hard working, genuine footballers who will slide seamlessly into his system of play, you have to wonder whether talk of us tailing some of these so called 'world class names' was just b****cks paper talk.

• Like 2

E/S

30 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Lastly there are those who we retained, most notably Hazard, Courtois and Conte. Conte's new contract seems a little strange to say the least, further raising questions about our negotiating skills. It would be great to see  Hazard put pen to paper on a new, longer deal. 

yes your post(which i have cherry picked)nicely sums up  our  present position,, as defending champions:smile:

Conte,s new contract favours both partys,when taking into consideration the large turn over of managers these days, Conte is on 18 mil plus ,very tidy sum for up to 2 yrs work,and C/sea by the same token are not tied down to a long term contract to pay out ,if a sacking should occur, not strange  to me at all B/M....WIN WIN ..for both partys

yes it would be very wise to offer Hazard and Coutios  a better wicket, then they are on

but you have missed The Flying Black  Ant (Kante)he is the heart beat of C/Sea,  E/S  would pay him a Kings Ransom,to nail him down  for Life

a nice afternoon to all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Overall I think we've bought pretty well, although of course we'll only be able to tell that in a few months time. Of those that have come in they are either upgrades on what we had before or are giving us much needed strength in depth. For example Bakayoko is better than Matic, Morata in the long run could well be an improvement over the dynamic but disruptive and petulant Costa, Rudiger is looking decent. I think too many people are underestimating Drinkwater, he already has a fantastic understanding with Kante and he can pull out the kind of passes that only Fabregas seems capable of.

Of those who we didn't get, VVD and Sandro were clearly not for sale. Everton were apparently asking too much for Lukaku, indeed if reports that came out recently are true, they accepted considerably less from United than what they were asking from us. Oxlade Chamberlain did not over excite me and did not want to play in the position that we would have used him, so understandably he went elsewhere. Llorente was wanted by Conte and could have helped Morata settle into the PL but getting him would have held back Batshuayi; I am pleased that the latter should now get more of a chance to prove himself. Ross Barkley has failed to push on from a couple of years ago and is unavailable for at least a couple of months, signing him would have been a big risk, one only worth taking at the right price - we have enough "potential" at the club already.

With the players that have been sold or loaned out, I can't see that any of them would have got into our first eleven. It would be great to see more academy players stepping up but that's so hard to accomplish whilst picking up PL titles. My gripe with the loans/sales is that we were not able to leverage anything in the opposite direction. If Juve wanted Matic whilst we were looking at a couple of their players, surely we could have come to some agreement with them rather than selling him to a direct rival. Similarly with Abraham being loaned to Swansea, we ought to have ensured that Llorente came to us at the same time (notwithstanding my earlier comment regarding Batshuayi, this is merely an observation regarding our "ability" to negotiate).

We have been on the end of a lot of negativity in the press in recent weeks, with reports of unrest, defections and a manager on the brink of departure. While I think we ought to have done better with some of the deals and certainly could have got deals done sooner than we did, I think we're now in pretty good shape to be competing for pots come next May.

KTBFFH!

Yep very good post Bm....the Abrahams loan deal with Llorente not coming to us does wrankle and looks really poor ...that deal should have been done. We have got a good group of players ...and with this small squad there shouldn,t be any dramas and everyone will see some action. Onwards and upwards ?

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2560 at 3:59 PM, keithsimmonds said:

We have got a good group of players ...and with this small squad there shouldn,t be any dramas and everyone will see some action. Onwards and upwards

I think the Chelsea supporters should be quite up-beat. The same players that walked the EPL are still there. The Burnley match will be the best thing for Chelsea this year. It was a wake-up-call and half. I reckon that at the end of the season it will be between Chelsea and Man City. 

There were plenty of ordinary players up for grabs; Barclay, Ox. Chelsea did well just to stay clear.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1