Is Kasikorn giving away free money?

Hah, I knew I would get your attention with this title.

No seriously, I have a savings account with Kasikorn and every month Kasikorn credits my account with a small amount. These transactions are labeled as “Cheque/Money Transfer NB”, followed by the amount, and “PROCESSING CENTER-SILOM SVB07126”. There doesn’t seem to be a direct like between the money in the account and the monthly transfers. For example I received exactly 100,00 baht (not a satang more or less) these last 3 months.

I just opened this account last October. At first I thought it was interest, but I received interest in December and this was labeled "Interest Deposit NB” and "HEAD OFFICE PCB09400".

So what is this money?

No idea what they are but I get smaller payments of 30 - 40 baht every now and then. They were monthly for a while and sometimes two within a couple of days. They're less regular now but one popped up again last month.

I googled "SVB07126" and got a (Thai) page of what seems to be Kasikorn codes, with 07126 = "รับดอกเบี้ย คืนเงินต้นพันธบัตร หุ้นกู้ เงินปันผล ค่านายหน้า" Copy/pasting the Thai phrase into Google Translate, it gives "Interest on bonds, debentures, dividends, repayment commission." I do not know if the translation is accurate/correct. If it is correct, then perhaps you have some bonds/etc?

I googled "SVB07126" and got a (Thai) page of what seems to be Kasikorn codes, with 07126 = "รับดอกเบี้ย คืนเงินต้นพันธบัตร หุ้นกู้ เงินปันผล ค่านายหน้า" Copy/pasting the Thai phrase into Google Translate, it gives "Interest on bonds, debentures, dividends, repayment commission." I do not know if the translation is accurate/correct. If it is correct, then perhaps you have some bonds/etc?

Thank you, but no, I don't have bonds or stocks with Kasikorn, only this savings account.

My wife opened an account with Kasikorn a short while ago but every time we went there they'd try to sell her some life insurance. Last week we deposited 200k in cash and the teller went on about a special deal they had going and even the manager came over and waded in. I managed to rescue her promising to read all the paper they thrust at us and forgot about it.

This morning I looked out the window to find the manger and another guy in our garden talking to my wife again. No invite nothing they just turned and tried to sell her some insurance. We live in a small village 40 mins drive from the bank. I went out and complained that a few days ago I was unable to withdraw more than 50k in one day from an ATM whereas I had specifically requested 100k/day. He said he could fix it straight away so I left him and my wife to it. Later it transpired that he had asked my wife not only for her ATM card but her PIN as well saying he needed it to change the limit. Luckily she is so scatty she couldn't remember it offhand but when I found out I went mad. He had no right to ask for her PIN. We went straight to the bank and withdrew all the money in the account and told the teller what I thought of Kasikorn and the managers behaviour.

I'd advise everyone to stay clear of that bank.

My wife opened an account with Kasikorn a short while ago but every time we went there they'd try to sell her some life insurance. Last week we deposited 200k in cash and the teller went on about a special deal they had going and even the manager came over and waded in. I managed to rescue her promising to read all the paper they thrust at us and forgot about it.

This morning I looked out the window to find the manger and another guy in our garden talking to my wife again. No invite nothing they just turned and tried to sell her some insurance. We live in a small village 40 mins drive from the bank. I went out and complained that a few days ago I was unable to withdraw more than 50k in one day from an ATM whereas I had specifically requested 100k/day. He said he could fix it straight away so I left him and my wife to it. Later it transpired that he had asked my wife not only for her ATM card but her PIN as well saying he needed it to change the limit. Luckily she is so scatty she couldn't remember it offhand but when I found out I went mad. He had no right to ask for her PIN. We went straight to the bank and withdrew all the money in the account and told the teller what I thought of Kasikorn and the managers behaviour.

My company uses 3 banks, and almost every other month the managers come over unannounced to try to sell insurance. It gets ridiculous!

My office lady does all of my financial transactions, whenever I go in myself to transfer large amounts of money, one of the staff from the bank always messages my office lady of what I am doing. I was so pissed with their non profeesional action that I withdrew all the company money from that branch, that made the manager sht his pants as we are one of their bigger customers.

My company uses 3 banks, and almost every other month the managers come over unannounced to try to sell insurance. It gets ridiculous!

My office lady does all of my financial transactions, whenever I go in myself to transfer large amounts of money, one of the staff from the bank always messages my office lady of what I am doing. I was so pissed with their non profeesional action that I withdrew all the company money from that branch, that made the manager sht his pants as we are one of their bigger customers.

I'm sure he has sleepness nights to this day.... :)

I would like to know if it is interest or not, because I have to declare all received interest to the Taxman in my home country.

But normally, interests are paid on a yearly basis, aren't they?

I could indeed ask the bank, but then I risk that this free moneyflow will end...

So if there isn't anyone else with a Kasikorn savings account, receiving monthly amounts on his accounts (labelled “Cheque/Money Transfer NB” and “PROCESSING CENTER-SILOM SVB07126”), then I must assume this is an error of the bank.

Very strange...

Well I can see if I ever lost an envelope full of money with my name, address, and phone number on it there are some people who wouldn't return it...wouldn't want to risk returning the money even if it was only a couple hundred baht.

Well I can see if I ever lost an envelope full of money with my name, address, and phone number on it there are some people who wouldn't return it...wouldn't want to risk returning the money even if it was only a couple hundred baht.

OK, you got to me. An overwhelming feeling of guilt descended upon me. I have sent an e-mail to Kasikorn.

Thanks for your help.

Don't believe anyone else. It's a Nigerian prince testing out your account before dropping the $25,000,000 that his dead father wanted you to have.

That'll be Prince Hocus-Pocus, seventh son of King Bongo Mumbo-Jumbo looking to deposit excess funds from oil and mining operations into overseas accounts.

I would like to know if it is interest or not, because I have to declare all received interest to the Taxman in my home country.

But normally, interests are paid on a yearly basis, aren't they?

I could indeed ask the bank, but then I risk that this free moneyflow will end...

So if there isn't anyone else with a Kasikorn savings account, receiving monthly amounts on his accounts (labelled Cheque/Money Transfer NB and PROCESSING CENTER-SILOM SVB07126), then I must assume this is an error of the bank.

Very strange...

I also have a Kasikorn bank savings account and have been receiving regular, small payments with the SVB07126 transaction code. I was wondering what they were, as well. Maybe it could be some kind of profit-sharing/dividend scheme?