Italian Drugged and Robbed Again After Two-Million Baht Investment Goes Bad

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps better to just spend the money on beer and whatever excitement he enjoys.

A lesson to be learned here.

Before investing money in any foreign country run all the information by an expat or two who have been a resident and lived in the country for a minimum of 5 years.

Ask questions and get two opinions.

If a business needs to be licensed, verify it's licensed and in good standing.

Consult with a licensed, competent lawyer that specializes in the business you're investing in.

Find a Policeman that will check the person out in his spare time if legal here.

Many ladies will be reading this and the Italian may find he is very popular now!

Good Luck!

He was obviously not a member of Thai Visa, he would have known better. coffee1.gif

Ive said numerous times if people listened to us they save so much time n money just not doing what they are doing...................lol.

Its ez to see as , an outsider, what just isnt going to work. Its not beczuse we or jealous its just plain to see some r stuppit..................lol.

So you guys have never met a really good con man, yes he is gullable and maybe inexperienced in business and Thailand but we all make mistakes in life his was just very expensive. Poor guy has lost a bundle of money, I feel sorry for him. Look yourself in the mirror and say you have never made a mistake or been led up the garden path. Easy to sit in your couch and pull someone down.

After knowing the amounts of his first 2 losses, I can't help but wonder about the 150,000 Baht wrist watch that was also missing when he woke up. He probably also got 'suckered' on buying it............. (a fake)

Sorry Signor Vick Geneva, if that really is your name. Glad you were not hurt or kidnapped to squeeze more out of you.

But judging from the fact that you go around with a 150k Baht watch on your wrist, I would assume that even after losing 2M you still have enough for a pizza and air ticket. Good luck to you.

Some people are risk takers his many millionaires took risks and lost everything but got up started again, fools or just determined. I very much doubt if many here have taken very big risks in their life whether that is a big financial risk or a life risk. Again none of you know the whole story but very quick to condemn the guy and call him an idiot. Holier than thou comes to mind.

So you guys have never met a really good con man, yes he is gullable and maybe inexperienced in business and Thailand but we all make mistakes in life his was just very expensive. Poor guy has lost a bundle of money, I feel sorry for him. Look yourself in the mirror and say you have never made a mistake or been led up the garden path. Easy to sit in your couch and pull someone down.

We all make mistakes, we all have dreams. And good conmen are professionals skilled in taking advantage of that.

But the higher the "investment" ( 2M THB! ), the more caution and doubt one needs to bring to the table. Of course, some conmen will tell you it is easier the sell the 2M baht scam than the 2000 baht scam, and that is sometimes true. The point is that, after losing the first 2M baht, this man's defenses should have been on high alert. Losing the second 600,000 baht is what he should really hang his head low for.

This guy must have come into money, inheritance maybe, and thought I will go to Pattaya and invest in a go-go bar. He seems to be somewhat wet behind the ears, should have stayed at home.

This sort of thing happens frequently in the City of Lovemaking.

Sucker arrives in town, thinks with his little brain, and wants to get involved in the "entertainment" business or more bluntly wants to be a pimp.

It is on the very edge of the law so they trust what the conman foreigner feeds them who claims he has the right contacts etc.and likely plied him with hot p..sy to keep his guard down and pre occupied.

Usually all done with cash and little or no documentation. All a bit hush hush.

This wannabe then fell for a second time, and paid 600,000 up front.

He was never going to make it in Pattaya. A lamb to the slaughter.

He is probably lucky he lost his money quickly, better than losing the money and wasting time as well. He didn't have a hope from the start.

Now he has gone to the police, if he has any money left I am sure the they will relieve him of it, figuring he will lose it anyway and it is better in their hands rather than some foreign conman.

One is born everyday and Pattaya is a magnet.

Next.

I assume by foreign conmen you mean foreign to the Italian as the conmen were Thai.

Could you pass on my Phone number to him-----I think I might be able to help him out on this, of course it will take a small amount to grease the wheels, maybe we have a drink together & go over the details.............coffee1.gif

Man this guy has either had sh!t luck

or more money than cents.

Or maybe for this case...more bahts than smarts

It's "sense" genius.

5555..whoooosh

I take it your not from a country that does not use $ and cents

Obviously it's useless to not go on as that wouldn't make no sense.

This sort of thing happens frequently in the City of Lovemaking.

Sucker arrives in town, thinks with his little brain, and wants to get involved in the "entertainment" business or more bluntly wants to be a pimp.

It is on the very edge of the law so they trust what the conman foreigner feeds them who claims he has the right contacts etc.and likely plied him with hot p..sy to keep his guard down and pre occupied.

Usually all done with cash and little or no documentation. All a bit hush hush.

This wannabe then fell for a second time, and paid 600,000 up front.

He was never going to make it in Pattaya. A lamb to the slaughter.

He is probably lucky he lost his money quickly, better than losing the money and wasting time as well. He didn't have a hope from the start.

Now he has gone to the police, if he has any money left I am sure the they will relieve him of it, figuring he will lose it anyway and it is better in their hands rather than some foreign conman.

One is born everyday and Pattaya is a magnet.

Next.

I assume by foreign conmen you mean foreign to the Italian as the conmen were Thai.

Wrong again. Keep trying.

Not a Thai, what gave you that impression?

You had better take another look. I think you imagined it.

The Italian says his "friend" who stole his money, drugged him and left him on the beach was British. Or are you claiming the Italian was tricked into believing he was British by a sneaky Thai who was pretending to be British and wore a disguise?

I wonder why you seem to want to blame Thais for things they didn't do?

Anything else you are not sure on feel free to ask, I am more than happy to fill you in and set you straight.

Cheers

Edited by Roomuck

Some people are risk takers his many millionaires took risks and lost everything but got up started again, fools or just determined. I very much doubt if many here have taken very big risks in their life whether that is a big financial risk or a life risk. Again none of you know the whole story but very quick to condemn the guy and call him an idiot. Holier than thou comes to mind.

One of the most inane posts on TV. , containing breathtaking assumptions and generalisations that I have ever seen.

Speak for yourself sir, do not presume to know the lives of others on this forum.