Station chief and 3 other Huaw Kwang police transferred in wake of Nataree massage raid

webfact

So what's going on in the other buildings on the strip? Is Poseidon a dive school? :

I was rather disgusted when I went to the Amsterdam opposite the Grand Mercure and discovered not a clog, tulip or windmill in sight. When I asked about Anne Frank they thought it was some sort of inappropriate euphanism for an Agatha or Sherman. When oh when are the TAT going to deliver on their promise of quality service for quality tourists?

Dive school? As in going down??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

move over kittipong and crew, you have had your turn at the golden fountain, someone else gets a turn now.

we could be seeing a real crack down on corruption, but in reality it will probably be business as usual.

Agree 100% why move them sack the crooks like other countries do.

Thai police are a joke they can commit almost any crime and then get moved to an inactive post.

Absolute disgrace evidence proves what they did and still they get away with it.

Move over matey now it is my turn for some of thatwink.pngwink.png

agree, they should be suspended and facing criminal charges and if found guilty severely punnished and sacked

all this transfer b s is not sending the correct message

move over kittipong and crew, you have had your turn at the golden fountain, someone else gets a turn now.

we could be seeing a real crack down on corruption, but in reality it will probably be business as usual.

Thai police are a joke they can commit almost any crime and then get moved to an inactive post.

Absolute disgrace evidence proves what they did and still they get away with it.

Mack

In any other country this would also be done. You move them out so that they can not interfere with the investigation. Much the same as you would put a person on a desk until after a shooting investigation. It actually is done to boost confidence that things will not be overlooked.

Mack

In any other country this would also be done. You move them out so that they can not interfere with the investigation. Much the same as you would put a person on a desk until after a shooting investigation. It actually is done to boost confidence that things will not be overlooked.

yes KK, i agree with your post, in the west i have to have faith in the process, but unfortunately in respect to the rtp i have very little.

kiwi organisation involved. when i was in nz a few years ago i watched a documentary about some fellow kiwis who came over to pattaya to try to rescue some girls out of the bars. they had a car with the engine running out side a bar and offered the girls a fast escape. in the end they did not rescue any girls, the conclusion was that the girls did not seem to want to be rescued. what is the point of temporary closing this soapy? will be back open for business again in a week or 2.

NVADER has little understanding of Thai society. The men best suited to be husbands here--who don't drink, gamble, and womanize--are celibate monks. It doesn't seem to have changed a whole lot since I was a GI in Ubon 40 years ago. Many of the girls working in the bars and massage parlors were single, often single moms, with limited prospects of finding a dependable husband. Unlike the West, or at least the US and NZ, they didn't have hangups about sex, as long as it was safe. The International Organization of Labor did a study thirty-some years ago and the findings were fascinating and eye-opening. Thai women had a long history of pragmatic independence evolving out of hundreds of years of running their farms three months a year while their men entered the local monastery for Rains Retreat. Sexual service workers at the time of the survey were NOT fallen women or outcasts, they worked in the industry for a few years, sent enough money home to raise their family's standard of living (new teak houses, plows, water buffalo, and TVs in the 70s an 80s) and then returned to their villages where they were often regarded highly by younger women in the village. I don't pretend to understand police and government corruption and hypocrisy, but I do understand the women's perspective. Even the bright, well-educated women teaching at language schools here in Chiang Mai in recent years often complained about the scarcity of Thai men who wouldn't squander family resources on drugs, booze, gambling and other women...

Pesky foreigners sticking their noses in and making us work!

yes, some skeletons in the closet are being rattled.

the nvader group moved a well respected kiwi lawyer to bkk, hopefully rellgion is not their driving force, but getting some big fish would be a bonus.

Just lay low for a while until all this blows over? And once all this has blown over and forgotten, everything will be restored and business as usual.

Which raises the question ......why raid it in the first place!wub.png

Social control

Bunch of vicious yayhoos, poor servants of the public being condemned when anyone could have put their names on those lists

So what if there was a ledger?

There were no receipts and no admissible evidence as yet.

Moreover, the precinct chief undoubtedly funnelled some money up the line to his bosses, so will he squeal?

Just lay low for a while until all this blows over? And once all this has blown over and forgotten, everything will be restored and business as usual.

Which raises the question ......why raid it in the first place!wub.png

Social control

a big front soapy gets raided, it is big news, big players involved.

either nvader has some real pull, or is it thai political or business rivalry.

up country karaoke/brothels usually seem to be targetted.

Rather than perform not so clever laws, they should better regulate and decriminalize prostitution.
Simply withdraw the ground for extortion and criminal structures.
So this is only Don Quixotes fight against windmills.

So what if there was a ledger?

There were no receipts and no admissible evidence as yet.

Moreover, the precinct chief undoubtedly funnelled some money up the line to his bosses, so will he squeal?

probably like a cut pig if he does squeal.

for his and his familys safety, i reckon he will drift along inactive till he retires.

The M*** Li** has an entire area dedicated to white girls from Europe. Been that way for a decade.

Point is, all of the Ratchada places are cashing out the police. Wonder why they are picking on just one.

Pesky foreigners sticking their noses in and making us work!

yes, some skeletons in the closet are being rattled.

the nvader group moved a well respected kiwi lawyer to bkk, hopefully rellgion is not their driving force, but getting some big fish would be a bonus.

Skeletons? Nay,,,, those boys are alive and well, and getting a giggle at the Farang do gooders.

Doubtful any on the THai side are at all stressed. And it gives the do gooder Thai wannabes ( the investigating committee) some busywork to make them feel good and some face making cred.

The 'way of things' here is damn near encoded in the populace DNA, and re enforced over millenia.

Outside do gooders or do badders are nothing more than occasional pest. Moving right along....

The NGOs may be well meaning, but how many of the Laos or Burmese girls actually want to be saved?

They were probably happily sending a comparative fortune home to their families whilst working in a relatively secure environment.

So are they now going to be offered a place on a Thai government or NGO funded training course to better themselves and go on to a college education free from the worries of taking care of the family? which is their totally ingrained priority in most cases.

I think your right it will take the new police chief a little time to reweave the brown envelope chain of command. That should not take long. Just the fact that these guys were not sacked really gives Thailand a black eye. All this musical chair stuff is really silly and no form of punishment. These 4 or 5 guys will be making new deals in short order in their new locations making another barrel of apples rotten. Probably someone else has already beat them to it.

Rather than perform not so clever laws, they should better regulate and decriminalize prostitution.

Simply withdraw the ground for extortion and criminal structures.

So this is only Don Quixotes fight against windmills.

Prostitution is regulated in Thailand. There are lots of laws relating to it, such as no soliciting, the prostitute has to be 18+ and it must be carried out 'unpromiscuously'.

Bars and gogos are regularly raided if they break the regulations.

So, it's the Kiwis fault after all. No NGO and NVADER and nothing would have happened.

In all fairness, none of these women were forced to work as "health workers". While I agree that they might not like their job it boils down to the fact that they are just hungry for more money which they would not ear as waitresses or factory workers - that simple.

But the Kiwis pissed into the the soup of everybody, the owner, the police, the immigration, the workers and the customers - I would assume coffee1.gif

agree, they should be suspended and facing criminal charges and if found guilty severely punnished and sacked

all this transfer b s is not sending the correct message

Nowadays it is right when an employee is caught out the should be first suspended while they are investigated, as for many of these crimes of police and government officials on the take, they should be prosecuted and get a few years behind bars.

Prostitution is and always will be connected to misery, exploitation, human traffic and AIDS. No matter what some men here wanna believe.

Just ask any monger who has a daughter to show him a pic of the girl and then tell him with poker face you really like to bang her for 40 bucks... I did. Great fun to watch them defend prostitution then.

Prostitution is and always will be connected to misery, exploitation, human traffic and AIDS. No matter what some men here wanna believe.

Just ask any monger who has a daughter to show him a pic of the girl and then tell him with poker face you really like to bang her for 40 bucks... I did. Great fun to watch them defend prostitution then.

$40 well spent thanks for the tip.