EU referendum: Leave and Remain clash in BBC Great Debate

webfact

EU referendum: Leave and Remain clash in BBC Great Debate

LONDON: -- The EU referendum took centre stage at Wembley Arena as the two sides traded blows before an audience of 6,000 people.

The BBC's Great Debate featured almost two hours of questions on immigration, the economy and sovereignty.

During the often spiky exchanges, Scottish Tory leader Ruth Davidson repeatedly clashed with Boris Johnson and accused his Leave side of "lying".

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36582567

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-06-22

The BBC has really shown in this referendum just how bias and one sided it is. Once a decent news station which is corrupt to its core. Personally I have stopped watching them and the sooner they are privitised the better.

More ignorant nonsense.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The BBC has really shown in this referendum just how bias and one sided it is. Once a decent news station which is corrupt to its core. Personally I have stopped watching them and the sooner they are privitised the better.

More ignorant nonsense.

And that is a great example of trying to close down debate.

Well done.

More ignorant nonsense.

Well done.

Dismissing the BBC as corrupt and bias is exactly that - called shooting the messenger.

More ignorant nonsense.

Well done.

Dismissing the BBC as corrupt and bias is exactly that - called shooting the messenger.

Orac

That the BBC has been biased towards remain is not really in doubt. You can find too many articles for it not to have an element of truth to it.

Corruption. That is open to debate and would all depend on how you view the BBC hiding its EU funding in its annual accounts.

Clever accounting or deception.

Just on that debate, the remain really did the leavers a favour with their shouting, bullying and disrespectful manner in which they conducted themselves. Some people will obviously disagree but for me thanks Remain you did the Leave some good there.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

More ignorant nonsense.

Oh dear am I upsetting you with my difference of opinion. Don't let it get to you. It is just a discussion.

More ignorant nonsense.

That moment when the previously loved and respected BBC lost all credibility and became a laughing stock...

https://youtu.be/ltP2t9nq9fI

More ignorant nonsense.

No I agree. Been watching all the news about the referendum and overall the coverage by the BBC is biased towards staying in.

EU youth will be sad after a Brexit. No British music in EU. British Bands need

Work Pernits or high TAX, Cornwall with several hundreds of millon euros subventions

will survive with Muslims from Saudia, Katar etc.

Bedding Offices in England (60%) for EU.

Not surprising that the BBC are sympathetic to the 'remain' camp as most people who work there are actually quite intelligent, so this would be their natural home ( by 'intelligent' I mean being able to fully comprehend the consequences of their actions).Looking through my Facebook contacts and their comments, there is a very clear dividing line between those I recognise as being intelligent you this definition (in) and those who are more cerebrally challenged and gullible (out). This extrapolates to a national (and international) level, where it seems the only people of substance supporting Brexit are those who will gain personally from it.

I would challenge the statement that most people are intelligent from the BBC but regardless.

I am a vote for leave. Regardless of all the arguments from both sides with stats the factor for me is this and I must say many of my friends but not all.

I believe the UK can and should govern itself. I don't believe we have to be part of Europe to be an economic force and I believe that having your own identity is a good thing. I don't think multiculturalism works. just ask the Irish, Scots and Welsh as we are about as close as it comes but they all want their own identity.

The second important part for me is we were sold the EU as something it is not and clearly grown to become something different. I believe we and the rest of Europe can be friends but don't have to share all the same laws and can keep their own common values.

All the facts and figures the could, maybe, might happen if we leave just don't matter.

Not surprising that the BBC are sympathetic to the 'remain' camp as most people who work there are actually quite intelligent, so this would be their natural home ( by 'intelligent' I mean being able to fully comprehend the consequences of their actions).Looking through my Facebook contacts and their comments, there is a very clear dividing line between those I recognise as being intelligent you this definition (in) and those who are more cerebrally challenged and gullible (out). This extrapolates to a national (and international) level, where it seems the only people of substance supporting Brexit are those who will gain personally from it.

Do you always think in Black and White? Intelligent = in, cerebrally challenged = out. A pretty unintelligent and cerebrally challenged conclusion to make, to be honest. Hope you're not serious.

There are many intelligent famous people in both camps. For example:for Brexit

Sir Ian Botham (cricket legend) Duncan Bannatyne (Dragon's Den) Sir Michael Caine (actor) John Cleese (actor) Theo Paphitis (Dragon's Den) Elizabeth Hurley (actress) Julian Assange (wikileaks) Arthur Scargill (trade unionist) Priti Patel (Tory right winger) etc

For Bremain:

Sir Ian McKellen (actor) Lord Sugar (investor) Richard Branson (businessman) Bob Geldoff (Live Aid Campaigner) Stephen Hawking (physicist) Sir Elton John (singer) Simon Cowell (X Factor) JK Rowling (writer) etc

Intelligence or occupation nor even political persuasion is a governing factor

You could also say just as much as your comment that those people of substance supporting Remain are those who will gain personally from it including the politicians and bureaucrats (national and international).

Edited by Linzz