Three arrested after attack on pump attendant who forbid phone use

webfact

Three arrested after attack on pump attendant who forbid phone use

s3p.jpg
Image: thamacot

SAMUT PRAKARN: -- Police have arrested three youths who attacked a young pump attendant after he refused to serve them because a girl with them had refused to stop using her mobile phone.

The incident happened at a PTT station in Sukhumvit Road, Samut Prakarn, reported tnamcot. The seventeen year old attendant had reported the matter to police after the incident was caught on CCTV. He was hit with a helmet and a belt.

He had told the youths who were on two motorbikes that there were regulations and that he could not fill up for them if there was a mobile phone being used.

Two nineteen year olds and an eighteen year old were arrested yesterday and charged with assault.

Source: tnamcot

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-13

Kudos to the pump attendant holding up the safty rules.
For the idiots, 2 years take away of driving license, a high pecuniary payment for the attendant and a harsh sentence would be appropriate.
Fortunately, they were only three and had no machetes while.

Another pathetic display of Thai intelligence; rules what bloody rules. These idiots give you unlimited opportunity for Thai bashing.

Yes, because youths in other countries are so well behaved.

(Every time there's another massacre in the USA, do you conclude that Americans are all stupid?)

Another pathetic display of Thai intelligence; rules what bloody rules. These idiots give you unlimited opportunity for Thai bashing.

Yes, because youths in other countries are so well behaved.

(Every time there's another massacre in the USA, do you conclude that Americans are all stupid?)

YES. ???

Mobile phones do not cause fires at petrol stations period. It is static on the cars.

Quite right. The problem with mobile phones and petrol pumps is that they could adversely affect the amount of money charged by the pump when used in close proximity. Modern pumps are screened against this problem.

Kudos to the pump attendant holding up the safty rules.

For the idiots, 2 years take away of driving license, a high pecuniary payment for the attendant and a harsh sentence would be appropriate.

Fortunately, they were only three and had no machetes while.

Unfortunately, a 500 baht fine is the most likely outcome.

I hope I'm wrong and you are right.

Of course, we'll probably never know the outcome as these stories are rarely followed up.

don'tcha just wish he could have just stepped away and let them ALL learn a bit of Physics'n'Chemistry for themselves - the hard way

burn

baby

burn

unfortunately it's quite unlikely that a fire or an explosion could have happened

Mobile phones do not cause fires at petrol stations period. It is static on the cars.

That is not the point, the point is that the regulations say no phone when filling, so most people will ignore the regulations but that is no reason to attack the attendant when he tries to follow the rules

I don't think this is the point at all.

By the same token, you should beat up the security guard at the airport that wants to stop you taking a bottle of water through security.

For all those Farangs with your wife's teenagers responsibility don't waste your money senting them to any schools but give the location of the prison.

Oh! I FORGOT Thai children at age 7-8 are allow to drive motorbikes, who needs rules or common sense?

any device with a battery can cause an explosion, but as you said static electricity aswell.

Static electricity from clothes and even the car. You should be aware of that all times.

But who checks?

The phones and any other devices (aswell your car) arent EExe qualified, so are a source of ignition.

It is just the right moment for an explosion : vapour of gas, oxygen and ignition source.

To get rit of the first two is hard, but the igntion source you can do everything about that.

And just a tiny spark from a (non) defective phone can do it all.

Dropping your metal keys or any metal on the floor.

Thats why you also kill your engine while fueling.

If you think lightly about it, it can happen.

Good station and personnel where they do keep safety high !

Maybe they should teach in school about dangers like with gas !! Then youngsters start to think otherwise ?!!

Just morrons who cant just leave their phone for a minute for their own safety.

But if you insist on using your stupid phone, step far away from the fuelling place.

Just one tiny spark can change your life for ever.

I don't think this is the point at all.

By the same token, you should beat up the security guard at the airport that wants to stop you taking a bottle of water through security.

Is there water in the bottle? Maybe many have , but just one can bring in .... a bom !! Its for your own safety again.

There are many fools in the world, who have the wildest plans for your future and not in your favour.

These laws were just amended about a month ago. Before only the attendant could get in trouble. They now apply to the customer as well. I forget the exact amount of jail time buts its several years and or a fine of up to 100k baht for not turning your engine off and I believe phone use as well. So of the cops use this law then these kids may get what they detserve. If not 500 Baht fine a wah and off they go

Get in line behind a bimbo who insists on finishing her phone call before settling up, or moving her vehicle out of the way so the next in line can fill up and see if your ears don't heat up just a little. My even cause an explosion if enough people get steamed.

Which isn't really the point. The guy had instructions from his employer. He followed them. In spite of peer pressure. Good for him.

Quite right. The problem with mobile phones and petrol pumps is that they could adversely affect the amount of money charged by the pump when used in close proximity. Modern pumps are screened against this problem.

??? Kind of missing the 'point' chaps. It's that sharp thingy.............:)

So many incidents of pointless violence. It's the confrontation thing again, a little bit of confrontation and people seem to fly off the handle and resort to violence. All right not everyone but it's easy to get the impression that there are too many that do.

Why did she not just stop using her phone and let him fill up the bikes? It is just so stupid and completely unnecessary.

At least the attendant is alive and well in this incident, and now the idiots face assault charges.

Not sure how it works here but I assume that this appears as a criminal record for the young guys who attacked him? Also, would this not effect their future employment? If of course they had the opportunity to work for legitimate companies. I know it would in many other countries.

any device with a battery can cause an explosion, but as you said static electricity aswell.

Static electricity from clothes and even the car. You should be aware of that all times.

But who checks?

The phones and any other devices (aswell your car) arent EExe qualified, so are a source of ignition.

It is just the right moment for an explosion : vapour of gas, oxygen and ignition source.

To get rit of the first two is hard, but the igntion source you can do everything about that.

Maybe they should teach in school about dangers like with gas !! Then youngsters start to think otherwise ?!!

But if you insist on using your stupid phone, step far away from the fuelling place.

Firstly I agree, just follow the rules, its only for a minute 2 even if you don't agree so no big deal.

However, I have to say have you ever heard of anyone causing an explosion at a gas station with a mobile phone?

I remember an episode of Top Gear where they soaked the entire inside of a caravan in gasoline and placed mobile phones inside, the idea was call the phones, ignite the gasoline and presto, blow up the caravan. As much as they tried they could not get the gasoline to light by calling the phones, so they used more convention methods.

I know its not scientific and just Top Gear but it did make me chuckle.

But who checks?

Firstly I agree, just follow the rules, its only for a minute 2 even if you don't agree so no big deal.

However, I have to say have you ever heard of anyone causing an explosion at a gas station with a mobile phone?

I remember an episode of Top Gear where they soaked the entire inside of a caravan in gasoline and placed mobile phones inside, the idea was call the phones, ignite the gasoline and presto, blow up the caravan. As much as they tried they could not get the gasoline to light by calling the phones, so they used more convention methods.

I know its not scientific and just Top Gear but it did make me chuckle.

I stand corrected, just searched and found a you tube video of a petrol pump attendant blowing himself up by answering his phone,, he was however on top of the petrol tanker that was delivering gasoline and exposed to the whole tanker full.

Never the less,, SWITCH YOU PHONE OFF FOLKS,,,!

Yes, it is true and they even did a whole episode on Mythbusters on it, BUT for the time being it is a rule/law in most countries in the world. Your mobile, ipad and laptop will also NOT interfere with the aircraft navigation system on board an aircraft but you are still required to switch them off or even less people would watch the safety brief (Most pilots in the front will be using charts and information on a respective airfield from a company ipad!). The aviation law is still a law so we have to comply. Regardless whether a mobile will or will not cause a fire there is zero excuse for using violence on a young guy who is asking someone to comply with the rules. No compliance in this country normally means the 17 year old attendant will lose his job. My wife has now given up complaining to me when i switch the car engine off while we refuel, no aircon, no aircon! The rules are there because on some occasion somewhere in the world a member of the Darwin Awards tooks matters one step further and blew up themselves and a fuel station.

For all those Farangs with your wife's teenagers responsibility don't waste your money senting them to any schools but give the location of the prison.

Oh! I FORGOT Thai children at age 7-8 are allow to drive motorbikes, who needs rules or common sense?

You do for a start.