Will The Umbrellas Be Closing Along Beach Road?

webfact

The chair rental biz is down because they are not allowed to cover the entire beach in empty chairs nowadays, forcing tourists into using their services.

Plenty of videos on YouTube of these sleaze balls abusing tourists that prefer to sit on the sand.

These chair vendors have turned the beach into a shanty slum. Looks terrible.

About 60% of the beach is open for you to use is that not

good enough for you?

The chair rental biz is down because they are not allowed to cover the entire beach in empty chairs nowadays, forcing tourists into using their services.

Plenty of videos on YouTube of these sleaze balls abusing tourists that prefer to sit on the sand.

good enough for you?

They hogged close to 100% of the beach before the Military Junta cleared them out. I have no sympathy. They were abusing tourists.

Still, I see them setting up thousands of umbrellas that go unused, then they stack that pile of crap up all night and it looks like hell.

An umbrella chair for anyone that wants one is fine with me. Just don't turn the place into your personal slum.

Haul that crap outta there at 6PM. The beach aint a warehouse for all those unused chairs.

good enough for you?

They hogged close to 100% of the beach before the Military Junta cleared them out. I have no sympathy. They were abusing tourists.

Still, I see them setting up thousands of umbrellas that go unused, then they stack that pile of crap up all night and it looks like hell.

An umbrella chair for anyone that wants one is fine with me. Just don't turn the place into your personal slum.

Haul that crap outta there at 6PM. The beach aint a warehouse for all those unused chairs.

Totally agree the chairs and umbrellas should be set up when some one wants one, on demand. The vendors set up hundreds but only a few are ever occupied, are they concerned if they don't occupy their plot that some else will take over it ?

These chair vendors have turned the

beach into a shanty slum. Looks terrible.

good enough for you?

O please Pattaya Beach is not some paradise...

Its one of the worst resort beaches in the world..

If the beach chairs were removed at night it would

not make a shred of difference....

The beach chairs/umbrellas provide much needed shade during the day sense most of the trees

were cut down...

There is plenty of open beach for you to lay on

all day and burn yourself to a crisp....

Edited by fforest1

Gee, you think every conceivable scam, rip offs, muggings, robberies, rapes and every other type of crime has anything to do with it?

Have any of the things you quoted happened to you or anybody you know?

Yes. Any more stupid questions?

Jeez how did your mate take the rape? and are not muggings and robberies the same ?

I have only gone to Jomtien, just south of Pattaya as I find it a bit less

noisy and dominated by undesirable people. I find the further south I go the better I feel.

I got drugged in Pattaya years ago and I will never trust to stay in the city part of

Pattaya again. I did have a nice clean massage at Mikes Massage in Pattaya, but it was

in the evening when I got drugged and robbed. I am lucky that I only lost a bunch of money

and not my life. I mostly go to Hua Hin, and still stay wary during, night time, not to get too

drunk, and stay polite when amongst people. I hope that some umbrellas stay along the beaches

at least during the Winter months when us tourists come from the cold countries like Canada

USA, Europe and other northern places, and even southern places like Australian and

NZ.

Geezer

What about the thousands of Chinese on tour who sit in the deck chair ares while waiting for speedboats to Ko Larn ? Like in front of Hard Rock and now extending North.

The must be paying something. In general the business is down because usually July and August there is increase in Europeans to Pattaya, from the months they get for vacation. But it does not look like they have/are coming this low season. Some one mentioned beach beautification project; Just take a look at the nice big pictures of this project that are plastered in front of the sorry mess of construction trailers at South end of beach walk - for at least the last year..

50 baht to sit on some stinky chair? I just know too much wind and near wind has passed through that cloth. Never wash or clean them and then store the chairs so the rats have a place to lounge at night.

You are right about the beach rats pissing on the chairs all night. Rats mark their territory. Those chairs and cooking facilities are covered in rat piss. Yuk.