Verizon to buy Yahoo

55Jay

Yahoo still has that much value/use in today's internet?

Dunno. I still use the email and have years worth on their servers. Not sure what'll happen to that eventually so I set up my MS Outlook and will start pulling it all down to my computer.

Thought others might be in same position, so I posted the article.

Yahoo have a hardcore of users and ad delivery stuff, and that's probably the most valuable real estate to them.

Combine this with the content delivery stuff they got with AOL and it all has potential, but they'll have to be both perspicacious and nimble in their approach I'd say.

To think Yahoo was once valued at $125Bn. Mind you the Alibaba and Yahoo Japan stuff is still supposed to be worth $40Bn or so.

I know Yahoo still has millions of eyeballs on the site everyday. What exactly Verizon intends to do with those eyeballs remains to be seen, then again they have more money than sense courtesy of lobbyists allowing them to systematically rape and pillage the US public!

But more importantly in my mind, what actually is left of Yahoo?

So is Marissa Mayer essentially now the CEO of a hedge fund, overseeing their stake in Alibaba???

Yahoo still has that much value/use in today's internet?

Dunno. I still use the email and have years worth on their servers. Not sure what'll happen to that eventually so I set up my MS Outlook and will start pulling it all down to my computer.

Thought others might be in same position, so I posted the article.

Me e.g. The "serious" address is a yahoo address.

Changed from an ad spamming German service to yahoo, now looking forward to it probably being shutdown.

What an irony.

I read about the history of yahoo.

At same point the Google founders wanted to sell their business to yahoo for 3 billion dollar or so.

The then yahoo boss wasn't willing to pay more than 1 billion blink.png

An epochal epic management misjudgment.

The 1st ever e-mail address I got was Yahoo and I still have the same address, was hacked once but okay I was asking for it, at that point never changed my password in about 10 yearsbiggrin.png

I love Yahoo.com and use it as my homepage on my desk top pc, a quick overview of the news/sport= excellentthumbsup.gif

The 1st ever e-mail address I got was Yahoo and I still have the same address, was hacked once but okay I was asking for it, at that point never changed my password in about 10 yearsbiggrin.png

I love Yahoo.com and use it as my homepage on my desk top pc, a quick overview of the news/sport= excellentthumbsup.gif

Me too and as Khun B^, yahoo email is my by name "serious" email, then have a throw away Gmail. I have the "My Yahoo" as my personalized start page - local weather, tracks my funds/investments share prices in portfolio window, etc.

I linked Yahoo email to MS Outlook as IMAP. Tried doing an import of all mail to a local .pst, got about 600 of 800 meg downloaded before it tripped off line. Tried POP3 next, which only pulls down the Inbox, and that stalled out about 1/2 way then started all over again, so I was getting 2 and 3 duplicates re-delivered. Argh! I'll get it done eventually.