Obama: Trump ‘woefully unfit’ to be President

webfact

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As campaign rolls on, so do Trump's lawsuits in Florida

"Donald Trump’s lawsuits haven’t stopped during his presidential campaign,
perhaps most notably in the must-win battleground of Florida."

"A Miami judge recently ordered Trump to pay a small businessman almost $300,000 over an unpaid paint job at his Miami golf resort and a trial is set to begin Monday in Palm Beach County over claims that Trump owes refunds to 60-some members of his Jupiter golf club."

"The cases are examples of hundreds of lawsuits involving Trump in his adopted home state of Florida."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/08/11/campaign-rolls-so-do-trumps-lawsuits-florida/88568414/

Trump may consider this to be an inconvenient truth, but to most Americans it is a scandal and a direct threat and menace to the US national security to include the political and electoral processes.

Manafort has been involved in corrupt geopolitical elections and electoral conflicts in Ukraine which involve Russia and Putin against Ukraine, EU, the United States.

It might be useful for Manafort to voluntarily produce his IRS Form 2525 for each of the many years he's been screwing Putin's neighbors, most notably Ukraine, to include the EU and the United States.

New York Times: “Handwritten ledgers show $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments designated for Mr. Manafort from Mr. Yanukovych’s pro-Russian political party from 2007 to 2012… Investigators assert that the disbursements were part of an illegal off-the-books system whose recipients also included election officials.”

“Mr. Manafort’s involvement with moneyed interests in Russia and Ukraine had previously come to light. But as American relationships there become a rising issue in the presidential campaign — from Mr. Trump’s favorable statements about Mr. Putin and his annexation of Crimea to the suspected Russian hacking of Democrats’ emails — an examination of Mr. Manafort’s activities offers new details of how he mixed politics and business out of public view and benefited from powerful interests now under scrutiny by the new government in Kiev.”

Imagine Manefort as chief advisor to a potus and CinC Donald Trump. Which is but one reason the mad rightwing is in the process of getting the bum's rush by the voters in the person of the right's messiah Donald Trump.

Trump and Manafort are a bad idea whose time has come because all of it and they themselves need to be dismissed in their entirely, decisively; absolutely. Which is exactly what is occurring.

The latest news on The Donald is quite alarming. 

Everyone is telling me that he is becoming increasingly erratic. He is demanding to binge only on movies with zebras (in the title, animated, in a fake suit). He relies on fresh cheetah meat slaughtered by his son. Melania and Ivanka have to taste his food; he is certain "they" are trying to poison him.

He's up to 265 lbs (280 with cologne and hair 'enhancements'), rambling incoherently about Elvis, Nixon, Ailes. He wants to know what happened to his strawberries.

His hands appear to be shrinking, not sure they could get any smaller.

He is talking about opening up the "Trump Home for the Criminally Insane", where anyone can learn from the master.

I sure hope he is OK. 

6 hours ago, keemapoot said:

I know trained campaign professionals like yourself hate to use the L word, and we see Trump now broadly blaming the entire media for his downfall. However, it is interesting to see even AP reporting stories like the following, that the GOP could be near the Trump breaking point:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/frustration-abundant-gop-could-near-breaking-point-trump-123105564--election.html?nhp=1

Indeed, anyone using the L word in the campaign that's benefiting from existing electoral trends and realities will surely get his political tongue cut out. Even all media, e.g.,  MSM and media left of center and right of center are careful to use it, and not to beat the voters over the head with the word.

However, when MSM start using the more recent, popular, euphemistic term "wave election," we'll  know they're talking Landslide -- the ol fashioned Double-L word.

If the Republican National Committee removes Trump the Republican party is screwed cause the tens of millions of nutcase Trump voters will stay home, or they'll vote for something like the White Power Party just to spite the institutional Republicans.

Conversely, if the RNC does not remove Trump for Pence or Kasich or both, the election will anyway be the extinction event of the Party. Either way, 2016 is a seminal year in US politics, political parties, diverse interest groups and the varied publics.

Currently the normally "battleground" states are blue...as in really blue There are new 'battleground' states however. They are the red states where Clinton is ahead of Trump, or is tied literally or statistically. We're talking red states as in, well, red states: Georgia (16 Electoral College Votes), Missouri (10 ECV), Arizona (11 ECV) which themselves account for 37 ECV. Without these 37 ECV, the Republican nominee won't as much as come close in November. This may well be a historic realignment election, but we'll need a few more weeks to gauge that more accurately...plus the next election in 2020.

Purple states such as North Carolina, Colorado, New Mexico among others are presently blue, and by a considerable margin. Today's polls for instance show purplish-red NC at 48% for Clinton and 39% for Trump. This is radical.

The Incumbent Republican governor of NC keeps falling further behind in all the polling and the same is true of the R incumbent US Sen Richard Burr whose seat had until now been considered "safe" Republican. The extent of the HRC lead is beginning to bury Republicans downballot. If Sen. Burr loses,  it will positively mean the Democrats will win control of the Senate by several seats, never mind the D's hoping to achieve a 50-50 tie as until right now had always been the D hope and a prayer. (Other Republicans such as Burr in purple and even red states will lose too, as is indicated by the fact Sen McCain just went under in the polling for the first time too.)

Lookout below.

So, yes, the word Landslide is an in your face word to the opposition and a dangerous word in your own campaign due to possible complacency.

Wave election is the more neutral, recent, euphemistic way to state it. (Posting around here however I do like the word LANDSLIDE for what should be the obvious reasons :lol: ).

4 minutes ago, Publicus said:

Indeed, anyone using the L word in the campaign that's benefiting from existing electoral trends and realities will surely get his political tongue cut out. Even all media, e.g.,  MSM and media left of center and right of center are careful to use it, and not to beat the voters over the head with the word.

However, when MSM start using the more recent, popular, euphemistic term "wave election," we'll  know they're talking Landslide -- the ol fashioned Double-L word.

If the Republican National Committee removes Trump the Republican party is screwed cause the tens of millions of nutcase Trump voters will stay home, or they'll vote for something like the White Power Party just to spite the institutional Republicans.

Conversely, if the RNC does not remove Trump for Pence or Kasich or both, the election will anyway be the extinction event of the Party. Either way, 2016 is a seminal year in US politics, political parties, diverse interest groups and the varied publics.

Currently the normally "battleground" states are blue...as in really blue There are new 'battleground' states however. They are the red states where Clinton is ahead of Trump, or is tied literally or statistically. We're talking red states as in, well, red states: Georgia (16 Electoral College Votes), Missouri (10 ECV), Arizona (11 ECV) which themselves account for 37 ECV. Without these 37 ECV, the Republican nominee won't as much as come close in November. This may well be a historic realignment election, but we'll need a few more weeks to gauge that more accurately...plus the next election in 2020.

Purple states such as North Carolina, Colorado, New Mexico among others are presently blue, and by a considerable margin. Today's polls for instance show purplish-red NC at 48% for Clinton and 39% for Trump. This is radical.

The Incumbent Republican governor of NC keeps falling further behind in all the polling and the same is true of the R incumbent US Sen Richard Burr whose seat had until now been considered "safe" Republican. The extent of the HRC lead is beginning to bury Republicans downballot. If Sen. Burr loses,  it will positively mean the Democrats will win control of the Senate by several seats, never mind the D's hoping to achieve a 50-50 tie as until right now had always been the D hope and a prayer. (Other Republicans such as Burr in purple and even red states will lose too, as is indicated by the fact Sen McCain just went under in the polling for the first time too.)

Lookout below.

So, yes, the word Landslide is an in your face word to the opposition and a dangerous word in your own campaign due to possible complacency.

Wave election is the more neutral, recent, euphemistic way to state it. (Posting around here however I do like the word LANDSLIDE for what should be the obvious reasons :lol: ).

Thanks for the explanations and I do understand why you use the L word on this forum. I have to admit I have lost a lot of respect for the intellect for some members I used to think were thoughtful. I will never take them seriously again in many respects.

1 hour ago, Publicus said:

...It might be useful for Manafort to voluntarily produce his IRS Form 2525 for each of the many years he's been screwing Putin's neighbors, most notably Ukraine, to include the EU and the United States.

You are assuming Mannford declared the money as foreign income or even declared it all.

CNN quoting Munford denial of accepting cash payments. Says it is ludicrous. That's the problem with professional no ethics spin kings like him, you aren't even sure they know themselves if they are lying.

Maybe Wikileaks can release some emails on this.

TH 

After the latest USA Today poll, they are  predicting a historic trouncing for Trump. 

If if the ballot were held today, millennials would vote:

Hillary 50%

Trump 18%

Johnson 11%

Stein 4%

Dont know or don't vote 18%

Trumps weakness is unprecedented among voters under 35 years old, only 18% lean toward Trump. 

To put that in perspective, Nixon had 35% vote in the era of youthful protests during the Vietnam war. 

^It is pretty exciting to watch such history being made. I'm not sure I like the outcome, which is a skewed one-party system essentially, but it will hopefully cause the violent re-birth of the GOP, hopefully rejecting these maniac Trump people - possibly a 3 party system in the making, with the Trump nutcases forming their own party.

9 hours ago, keemapoot said:

^It is pretty exciting to watch such history being made. I'm not sure I like the outcome, which is a skewed one-party system essentially, but it will hopefully cause the violent re-birth of the GOP, hopefully rejecting these maniac Trump people - possibly a 3 party system in the making, with the Trump nutcases forming their own party.

Talk about a fragmented party!

How will they ever regroup with such diversity? 

The have the racist/bigot contingent & they own the poorly educated, the redneck gun maker lobby, superstitious religious types, anti science fan boys, polluters, conspiracy nut demographic & the dying off bitter, older white guys that watch FOX. 

Good.

14 hours ago, Buzzz said:

Talk about a fragmented party!

How will they ever regroup with such diversity? 

The have the racist/bigot contingent & they own the poorly educated, the redneck gun maker lobby, superstitious religious types, anti science fan boys, polluters, conspiracy nut demographic & the dying off bitter, older white guys that watch FOX. 

Good.

Very interesting article and academic study by this public policy professor. He says Trumpism will outlast Trump himself, and will, in fact, define a new political party or become the GOP itself, and for good reasons:

Who would the new party’s supporters be? What I found in the study is that much like those who support the Trump campaign, those who would consider voting for this third party are more likely to be male, of lower socioeconomic status, without a university education and ideologically conservative—in other words, the Republican Party’s longtime base.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/why-trumpism-will-outlast-donald-trump-214166#ixzz4HUwG5hZn 
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

These Trump supporters, as we've seen them demonstrated on this forum, feel alienated, feel a sense of degenerated or lost status - social and economic and political, and they are not going away anytime soon. It's a good read for those trying to understand this Trump phenomenon. I think JT mentioned, and I read elsewhere, that this could lead to violence in this group in the magnitude of the rejection of Trump this November. Certainly Trump is no longer a joke, but a symptom of a sick America.

On 8/15/2016 at 4:05 PM, spidermike007 said:

This is very true. Just look at his business practices. Who walks away from debt owed to small business owners? These are the people who need it the most. He has done this dozens, if not hundreds of times. He is currently involved in 3,500 lawsuits. 2,500 are against him and his companies. 1,000 are his own suits. He loves to sue more than anything else in life. It is a huge thrill for him to break a person financially. He does it for fun, and kicks. He regularly does it in his acquisitions. I have heard this first hand, from several people I knew, who were involved in commercial real estate, when I lived in NY in the 1980's. He is a very mean, small hearted, uncharitable, tightfisted man of little character, and possesses the kind of hostility and hatred not seen since Charles Taylor, Ho Chi Minh, Benito Mussolini, Mullah Omar, Tojo Hideki, Haji Suharto, Josip Tito, Michel Micombero, Kim Il Sung, Pol Pot, Hun Sen, Joseph Stalin, Adolph Hitler, Idi Amin, Chairman Mao, Alexander the Great, and Genghis Khan. 

And if given the power, I am quite convinced he would be capable of a lot of the genocide these guys committed. The man is completely amoral. 

Gees, talk about piling on, you could have just stopped at Stalin. Mao and Hitler, the big 3! I agree, I just think you're piling on. 

I just happened to be reading the biography of Hitler and see some disturbing similarities. The masses are easily swayed. There are the weak and the scared out there. Imagining a Trump Presidency should get out the vote this November, though. 

The Republican party has handcuffed themselves to a dead hooker. 

7 hours ago, keemapoot said:

Very interesting article and academic study by this public policy professor. He says Trumpism will outlast Trump himself, and will, in fact, define a new political party or become the GOP itself, and for good reasons:

These Trump supporters, as we've seen them demonstrated on this forum, feel alienated, feel a sense of degenerated or lost status - social and economic and political, and they are not going away anytime soon. It's a good read for those trying to understand this Trump phenomenon. I think JT mentioned, and I read elsewhere, that this could lead to violence in this group in the magnitude of the rejection of Trump this November. Certainly Trump is no longer a joke, but a symptom of a sick America.

A sick segment of America, an alienated element apart from the vast and broad majority of the general population -- the minority marginals who are the social and cultural reactionaries and who want the America that they grew up in and in which they lived most of their young adult years, often in to their middle age.

Instead of looking fondly on those times while moving forward as America always does, these malcontents are obsessive and fierce about the (forever) last past. Fixated is another word. This is the basic social psychology of 'em that social scientists know, recognise and understand, from sociology and anthropology to political science  to economics, to include psychology and psychologists. 

Since the 2008 election (and reelection) of Barack Obama the extant fringe (militants) have gone completely off the deep end. So let's be discreet and attuned enough to the distinctions with differences to not condemn American society as a whole. American society is doing fine with improvements remaining to be made.

The fringe minority is severely off center and out of it. It's even worse for 'em presently given their messiah arrived but is getting run out on a rail in this election campaign. Their first real and best hope turned out to be a born loser too.

If they form and organise a minority party by any given name, or take an existing party and its name, they will forever remain the minority party of marginals who offer nothing to the country's future. After this election, the minority reactionary right will have no claim of credibility or respectability. No national viability.

No reason to be distraught because after the election the first day of the indefinite future will begin. The ugliness of the radical right will be totally and completely rejected.

11 hours ago, Pinot said:

Gees, talk about piling on, you could have just stopped at Stalin. Mao and Hitler, the big 3! I agree, I just think you're piling on. 

I just happened to be reading the biography of Hitler and see some disturbing similarities. The masses are easily swayed. There are the weak and the scared out there. Imagining a Trump Presidency should get out the vote this November, though. 

The Republican party has handcuffed themselves to a dead hooker. 

Not only a hooker, but a $35 Queens hooker. Why stop with the big three, when it was so much fun to list the others? Actually he reminds me alot of a young Amin, or a Charles Taylor, before he amassed the power base. 

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Not only a hooker, but a $35 Queens hooker. Why stop with the big three, when it was so much fun to list the others? Actually he reminds me alot of a young Amin, or a Charles Taylor, before he amassed the power base. 

Dead hooker or Idi Amin, it is rare to see a guy at 69 years old going for the brass ring like this. It must be all those hamburgers and steaks he eats (evidently his culinary tastes are mundane according to his ex-butler), and he has never smoked or drunk. He would make a good Mormon, except that the Mormons in Utah hate him. :P

I am not a fan of Trump and I couldn't see myself voting for him, but he does have my sympathy.   Over the years, I have seen him on television and seen some of his interviews.   I also watched some of The Apprentice, with mild interest.   

In many of his interviews in the past, he seemed to show a level-headedness about a lot of issues.   

That seems to have disappeared in this race for the Whitehouse.   

In eight years before Obama, we didn't have any successful radical Islamic terror attacks': Former New York mayor Giuliani is criticized for forgetting 9/11 - the terror attack that happened on his watch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3742379/9-11-mayor-Rudy-Giuliani-ridiculed-saying-eight-years-Obama-didn-t-successful-radical-Islamic-terror-attacks-forgets-state-in.html

The desperate Bloviator:

August 17
Trump, in law and order speech, calls for African-American support

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-idUSKCN10R1P0

Delusional:

Donald Trump is getting ZERO percent of the black vote in polls in Pennsylvania and Ohio

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/13/new-polls-in-pennsylvania-and-ohio-show-donald-trump-with-0-percent-of-the-black-vote/

Trump Is In Fourth Place Among Black Voters

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-in-fourth-place-among-black-voters/

Polls show Trump getting 1 percent of black vote

http://www.kmtv.com/news/national/polls-show-trump-getting-1-percent-of-black-vote

“A fan of mine, great fan, great guy!”

“Look at my African-American over there!”

Turns out, the only black guy there, was not a supporter…

:cheesy:

Donald Trump appoints Breitbart chief and demotes Manafort

"Donald Trump has appointed Stephen Bannon from the rightwing website Breitbart News as CEO of his campaign team, effectively demoting Paul Manafort, as the Republican nominee attempts to gain ground on Hillary Clinton in the US presidential race."

"Bannon is a former investment banker and the executive chairman of Breitbart News, which has shown full-throated support for Trump and was described by its former editor-at-large on his departure as “Trump’s personal Pravda”. :whistling:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/17/donald-trump-stephen-bannon-breitbart-news-kellyanne-conway

Breitbart?

Who's next? Roger Ailes?  :facepalm:

Trump's shrinking electoral map

In polls, he trails Clinton in all battleground states and some, like Virginia and Colorado, seem already beyond his reach. (sub-title)

"Donald Trump’s path to the presidency is closing off, state by state."

"More than a half-dozen traditional, must-win battleground states are falling off the map as Hillary Clinton surges ahead of Trump in the polls."

"And it’s left Trump — who isn’t answering Clinton’s advertising in the swing states —

with little plausible route to 270 electoral votes barring a major, sudden change to the dynamics of the race."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/donald-trump-shrinking-election-map-227076#ixzz4HaTm285X

Nearly 20% of Trump Fans Think Freeing the Slaves Was a Bad Idea

Nearly one in five don't support the Emancipation Proclamation

"Donald Trump appears to have high levels of support among the nation’s intolerant population,

according to a New York Times deep dive into polling data."

"The Times found that nearly 20% of Trump supporters did not approve of freeing the slaves,

according to a January YouGov/Economist poll that asked respondents if they supported or disapproved of,

“the executive order that freed all slaves in the states that were in rebellion against

the federal government”—Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation."

http://time.com/4236640/donald-trump-racist-supporters/

When a campaign for Potus makes a one-time major change at the top, it indicates the campaign is on an unsound and insecure footing. It is more than likely the campaign will not gain a sound footing, but the possibility of recovering its footing is recognised.

However, when the campaign makes a second change of its top personnel, then again changes its top personnel leadership, and makes yet another change to its top campaign personnel, it self-defines the campaign as a loser.

During the 2008 Democratic primary campaign for instance, Hillary Clinton made a big change to her top campaign personnel. She went on to lose the nomination to Barack Obama anyway. The changes to the Clinton campaign were nothing more than the key indicator that Obama had the upper hand and would prevail, which is what did occur as Obama won the nomination.

In this election no personnel changes have been made to the Clinton campaign, however, Trump continues to play musical chairs at the top of his non-existent campaign. The problem of the Trump campaign is that, well, it is the Trump only campaign. It is all Trump and only Trump. It is all about Trump.

There is no Trump national campaign structure, no Trump national campaign organisation, no mass of thousands of Trump volunteers to get voters informed and to the polls to vote for Trump on election day.

There is no money to support a Trump campaign for Potus in any respect or sense. Who is the Trump National Field Director for instance? We don't know -- it's probably his wife or a son or  maybe even Trump's chauffeur.  If the campaign position of National Field Director exists at all, it is probably vacant -- even if someone might be sitting in it.

So, Trump and his best friends are going to be given top secret security details from today on?
Maybe not the best idea in the US history. 

The national security briefing of today that Trump will get as the certified nominee of the Republican Party for the office of Potus may well find its way to Putin's desk in the color of anti-Clinton stuff. Putin's desk is also the desk of Wikileaks.

Whatever is in the national security briefing will become subject to Trump taking it to twist and distort some or most of it into Hillary Clinton being responsible for all of Putin's actions against the United States. 

The Putin whore Manafort is now being pushed by Trump into the background of his non-existent campaign. The connections have become too visible of Trump-Manafort-Putin-Wikileaks-Assange (to include Snowden due to Snowden's physical presence in Russia on Russian government documents).

We should also begin to expect that the time is getting near the institutional Republicans such as Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will openly reject Trump as their nominee. This guy Connor from Breitbart hates the institutional Republican Party so Trump taking him into his campaign is a political nuke against the established Republican Party. Schism will now occur openly and definitively.

No party can win the presidency like this. 

My own view, that Trump shows us how fascism gets introduced to the United States, is not quite how the typical voter thinks. The mainstream vast majority of voters who are middle of the road reasonably minded voters do however see what most of us do see, i.e., a wildman radical (ignoramus) Trump who only creates a commotion of chaos at his every campaign stop and in his every statement, and in his every personnel appointment - a guy who in the absence of policy proposals or programs wants to turn both the USA and the world upside down.

Landslide.

Trump indicates to us directly what would occur if the rightwingnuts ever grabbed national power.

The rightwhingenoids love Trump for a reason. And in USA they don't need an armband to say why they love Trump. Trump is their compass and Trump is our means of measuring and tracking 'em.

Which is why the landslide is developing and why it will occur.

After that, the rightwhinge will have no claim of anything. This is so for two reasons. One, the right offers no viable or respectable solution. Secondly, the right in national power would make things radically worse for the vast majority of Americans, for the country, for the world. Everyone can see the rightwhinge are in fact lunatics.

Which is why the rightwhinge will lose this national election by a landslide. 

The lunatic right will not disappear. However, it will, as the direct result of this national election, become more easily identifiable to the typical voter who is moderate and reasonable, and it will be more immediately and readily rejected by the typical centrist and moderate mass of voters.  

Game over.

Trump and the rightwingenuts don't get it, can't get it, won't ever get it.

President Obama knows this and President Obama knows why. Same for Hillary Clinton and her supporters...

Michael Gerson: “I would venture that Trump’s failure among the young has something to do with his assault on the idea of tolerance, particularly racial and religious tolerance. Younger voters are less likely than other age groups to regard racially inclusive language as “politically correct.” They are less likely to believe in “reverse discrimination” and to embrace anti-immigrant attitudes.

And, according to the USA Today/Rock the Vote survey, they were not impressed by the GOP nominee’s convention speech. By more than 2 to 1, younger voters said it made Trump seem less human and accessible.” 

“While Clinton has an ethics problem, Trump has a humanity problem. His combativeness and lack of political polish...are tied to a discrediting lack of empathy.”

Trump in no way is presidential material. Circus barker, yes. Potus, absolutely not. The vast majority of voters of all demographics know it, except for evangelicals and other rightwhingenoids.

We are seeing that the political center of the United States continues to hold, just as it has always done. Extremists can win at the local level in some limited number of congressional districts as exemplified by the 30 or so tea party nutcakes in the US House. And some states will elect nutcase rightwhingers to the Senate. Some and some. 

But nationally, the moderate, middle of the road reasonably minded voter prevails. As always. 

Archived