Am I normal?

24 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

A very sweeping statement. How do you base this on fact or tital tattle????. The later I expect

There is some truth to what Fabricus is suggesting.  Thai women who chase farangs are not like "normal" Thai women.  Most Thai women prefer men that they can communicate with perfectly.  This means Thai men.  The ones that are willing to sacrifice this and chase foreign men (not just farangs, but Japanese, Koreans, etc.) are "usually" not financially well-off.  They're also typically not attractive to Thai men standards.  It's complicated, but let's just say that there is a significant difference between Thai women who chase farangs/foreigners and those that don't.  There are exceptions of course. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember one of the times a past GF I quite liked suddenly dumped me and disappeared without a word, never to be heard from again. So I can sympathize with the OP.

It was quite painful at the time, especially since nothing had gone wrong with us AFAIK. But later, an older and wiser me realized the breakup occurred pretty much right after I had met her parents and they learned I had no plans to pay to build a new house for her family. :whistling:

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I remember one of the times a past GF I quite liked suddenly dumped me and disappeared without a word, never to be heard from again. So I can sympathize with the OP.

It was quite painful at the time, especially since nothing had gone wrong with us AFAIK. But later, an older and wiser me realized the breakup occurred pretty much right after I had met her parents and they learned I had no plans to pay to build a new house for her family. :whistling:

Learn to lie.

"Ohhhh you have a lovely plot of land here, just enough space for me to build a nice family home for the two of us to live near you"

Edited by MissAndry

Just now, MissAndry said:

Learn to lie.

Under the circumstances, I think it's better to have told the truth.

After all, is that the kind of family I really would have wanted to tie my wagon to -- considering what their real interest was?

I liked that young woman quite a lot, and we always enjoyed things together (or so I thought). But apparently, Mom had other plans.

14 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

There is some truth to what Fabricus is suggesting.  Thai women who chase farangs are not like "normal" Thai women.  Most Thai women prefer men that they can communicate with perfectly.  This means Thai men.  The ones that are willing to sacrifice this and chase foreign men (not just farangs, but Japanese, Koreans, etc.) are "usually" not financially well-off.  They're also typically not attractive to Thai men standards.  It's complicated, but let's just say that there is a significant difference between Thai women who chase farangs/foreigners and those that don't.  There are exceptions of course. 

Total hogwash it's your take on things. So no farang can speak thai??? And you recon women who work in the bars aren't  attractive to thai men (laughing inside at that hog wash). So why is it clearley stated on here so many times that they all have thai husbands or boyfriends back home !!!!.

A total lack of understanding and tv brainwash seems to abound here.

Oh god I've read enough page one.....buddy get real your stuck in time you will see her for the bitch she is even if she's not...experience in relationships will wise you up, you aint have had many, easy come easy go when you realise everyone can be replaced including you then it becomes super simple....then on the other hand if your a needer someone that cant live alone your in trouble big time and bound to repeat this over and over.....wise up see your own power and become strong.

20 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Rubbish, who can define?i have a criteria as these girls who chase farangs, sure some truth in it, i only date university educated women in Thailand for a reason that i have....its not fool proof and after several goes at it it comes down to culture and a lack of understanding on both sides, then its easy to find someone your attracted to but to be able to live with when you have a cultural idea in your head...well.

Good luck to the guys who have been able to get it right me well I'm still trying to figure it out...thats not to say it was all my fault in past relationships with Thai women it wasn't or i dont think it was....i ended it every time maybe i just expect to much who knows...then again I'm only prepared to bend not fall down on my knees where the women i was involved with expecting me to be "traditional" in there minds eye.

37 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Total hogwash it's your take on things. So no farang can speak thai??? And you recon women who work in the bars aren't  attractive to thai men (laughing inside at that hog wash). So why is it clearley stated on here so many times that they all have thai husbands or boyfriends back home !!!!.

A total lack of understanding and tv brainwash seems to abound here.

Farangs that can speak Thai fluently are in a different category.  Surely you know that's not what I'm talking about.

26 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Rubbish, who can define?i have a criteria as these girls who chase farangs, sure some truth in it, i only date university educated women in Thailand for a reason that i have....its not fool proof and after several goes at it it comes down to culture and a lack of understanding on both sides, then its easy to find someone your attracted to but to be able to live with when you have a cultural idea in your head...well.

Good luck to the guys who have been able to get it right me well I'm still trying to figure it out...thats not to say it was all my fault in past relationships with Thai women it wasn't or i dont think it was....i ended it every time maybe i just expect to much who knows...then again I'm only prepared to bend not fall down on my knees where the women i was involved with expecting me to be "traditional" in there minds eye.

I'd like to respond to you...except I can't figure out what the heck you're saying.

On 9/1/2016 at 2:54 PM, transam said:

Yep, you correct in what YOU see...........:thumbsup:

Yet still you do not answer the question - what is this Real Love you keep mentioning?

Are you waiting for them to invent a smiley to assist you?

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Under the circumstances, I think it's better to have told the truth.

After all, is that the kind of family I really would have wanted to tie my wagon to -- considering what their real interest was?

I liked that young woman quite a lot, and we always enjoyed things together (or so I thought). But apparently, Mom had other plans.

Mum was not interested in you only wanting to pitch a tent, she wanted a complete new mansion and nothing less.

On 02/09/2016 at 3:52 AM, hdkane said:

Seriously, I got the same advice when I was 35 years old, after a breakup left me feeling completely crushed...I had heard the same advice forever, but for some reason, it stuck with me then...and I realized I was lucky, because I could have wasted another day being with someone who did not appreciate me or my effort to make her happy...embrace MissAndry's advice, and you'll feel empowered in your life...all in all, you're lucky that it happened...now you can find someone better and more suited to you.

To get over my ex of 7 years I played all "our songs" daily as I worked whilst just keeping strong in mind. Eventually those songs and feelings associated became just songs and whilst I wanted her back (remain friends to this day) I also saw she seemed more scared of being alone than being with the right person. I took offence to this I felt devalued and even when the opportunity was there I resisted.  Don't look for anyone be alone for a while, handle that first the rest may happen naturally.

A few harsh critics here on the post, all wearing their armour of past "hurt", the guy is seeking a little emotional support please, not crap thrown in his face, as well intended, some are softer than others,  I am not having a go at anyone, just stated how I have read some posts, e.g. some of us can get back up, dust it off and move forward, others not so quickly.

White Christmas 13, as many have said, totally normal to still be in love with your now separated partner/wife, you don't just fall out of love, as the saying goes, time heals everything, and as some have said, a good F... will help release the pain, why do I agree with this, well when my X left me in 1999, and no she wasn't Thai before anyone has a dig, she was a Greek Princes in her and her parents own minds....lol. We had a little girl together after being married for 10 years, who was 18 months old at the time, now 19, time fly's.

I was devastated, we had been together for 12 1/2 years, it took 2 years for me too finally work out what bus hit me, my mates all rallied and took me out to get me laid, I didn't want to get laid, after all I hadn't been with anyone else for 12 1/2 years and didn't have any desire to sleep with anyone, suffice to say, once I got a taste of it, I felt alive again, hence the reason I went again a few weeks later, just to feel alive again.

Moving on will be difficult, but if she has left you, as mine did, she has done it because she is perhaps not in love with you anymore, as was the case with my X in 1999 after 12 1/2 years together, it happens, people fall out of love everyday and we have no control over that, suffice to say, when I really thought about it long and hard, we were never really suited for each other, circumstances brought us together that should not have, e.g. the old man kicked her out because he thought I wasn't good enough for her, and she landed on my door step, we got caught up in the emotions of the wrong love, e.g. the one 90% of people get caught up in IMO.

I said I would never remarry, but in 2006 after dating a Thai girl back in Oz for a couple of years, I came to Thailand with her for a holiday, when we returned things got worse with her possessiveness and I gave her the love you, but can't do this again and moved on. A few months later got a call from a mate, who said lets go to surfers for a week as I have just split up with me wife, I said hows about Thailand, so off we went, met a beautiful girl, yes in a bar, have 2 beautiful daughters and have been the happiest I have ever been in my life, and yes if my 2nd wife left me, I would be devastated, more so this time around as my feelings are much more stronger for her, even though she constantly reminds me that if I ever leave her, she will follow me (ATM machine), however I have learned, separation & divorce are common occurrences that we have no control over, now or even tomorrow, its the luck of the draw, you just have to be prepared to be able to get back on the horse, not the one that threw you off, another horse and keep riding stranger and if your luck is as good as mine and others on this post, you will be smiling all the way back to love, because without love, we have very little, some prefer the bottle and end up in the grave as did my oldest brother, God rest his soul, so its really important that you get on another horse and see how the ride feels, if its not for you, try another until the saddle you get on feels right.

Not being a vindictive person either, but would like to state that my X hasn't re partnered, mummy and daddy still control her life, sad really, oh well shit happens, but this little pig is happy rolling around in the mud with his new mate :)

Giddy up & good luck

Yeeeeeha !!!! 

Edited by 4MyEgo

Alternatively, find a woman with whom you can communicate in a common language before throwing your lot in with her. It still might not work out but at least you'll have a medium within which you can discuss the problem rather than just ending up unceremoniously dumped by the roadside

39 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

A few harsh critics here on the post, all wearing their armour of past "hurt", the guy is seeking a little emotional support please, not crap thrown in his face, as well intended, some are softer than others,  I am not having a go at anyone, just stated how I have read some posts, e.g. some of us can get back up, dust it off and move forward, others not so quickly.

White Christmas 13, as many have said, totally normal to still be in love with your now separated partner/wife, you don't just fall out of love, as the saying goes, time heals everything, and as some have said, a good F... will help release the pain, why do I agree with this, well when my X left me in 1999, and no she wasn't Thai before anyone has a dig, she was a Greek Princes in her and her parents own minds....lol. We had a little girl together after being married for 10 years, who was 18 months old at the time, now 19, time fly's.

I was devastated, we had been together for 12 1/2 years, it took 2 years for me too finally work out what bus hit me, my mates all rallied and took me out to get me laid, I didn't want to get laid, after all I hadn't been with anyone else for 12 1/2 years and didn't have any desire to sleep with anyone, suffice to say, once I got a taste of it, I felt alive again, hence the reason I went again a few weeks later, just to feel alive again.

Moving on will be difficult, but if she has left you, as mine did, she has done it because she is perhaps not in love with you anymore, as was the case with my X in 1999 after 12 1/2 years together, it happens, people fall out of love everyday and we have no control over that, suffice to say, when I really thought about it long and hard, we were never really suited for each other, circumstances brought us together that should not have, e.g. the old man kicked her out because he thought I wasn't good enough for her, and she landed on my door step, we got caught up in the emotions of the wrong love, e.g. the one 90% of people get caught up in IMO.

I said I would never remarry, but in 2006 after dating a Thai girl back in Oz for a couple of years, I came to Thailand with her for a holiday, when we returned things got worse with her possessiveness and I gave her the love you, but can't do this again and moved on. A few months later got a call from a mate, who said lets go to surfers for a week as I have just split up with me wife, I said hows about Thailand, so off we went, met a beautiful girl, yes in a bar, have 2 beautiful daughters and have been the happiest I have ever been in my life, and yes if my 2nd wife left me, I would be devastated, more so this time around as my feelings are much more stronger for her, even though she constantly reminds me that if I ever leave her, she will follow me (ATM machine), however I have learned, separation & divorce are common occurrences that we have no control over, now or even tomorrow, its the luck of the draw, you just have to be prepared to be able to get back on the horse, not the one that threw you off, another horse and keep riding stranger and if your luck is as good as mine and others on this post, you will be smiling all the way back to love, because without love, we have very little, some prefer the bottle and end up in the grave as did my oldest brother, God rest his soul, so its really important that you get on another horse and see how the ride feels, if its not for you, try another until the saddle you get on feels right.

Not being a vindictive person either, but would like to state that my X hasn't re partnered, mummy and daddy still control her life, sad really, oh well shit happens, but this little pig is happy rolling around in the mud with his new mate :)

Giddy up & good luck

Yeeeeeha !!!! 

I am back again haha , I will give you some advice here 4mygo , you can take it or live it , never ever get on a forum likes this and open up about your past love life not that smart , opens you up to lots of  criticism .

1 minute ago, georgemandm said:

I am back again haha , I will give you some advice here 4mygo , you can take it or live it , never ever get on a forum likes this and open up about your past love life not that smart , opens you up to lots of  criticism .

So what.......:rolleyes:

Sounds like you fear a lot of stuff.......

2 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Thanks for your advice George, I am a big boy, and have always been an open book, nothing to hide, if people want to have a go, as the French say, Selavee, it's a democracy, but I learn't a long time ago, what goes around, comes around, and me personally, when someone throws me a ball, I will catch it, and drop it, if I don't want to play their game, simple, really.

5 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for your advice George, I am a big boy, and have always been an open book, nothing to hide, if people want to have a go, as the French say, Selavee, it's a democracy, but I learn't a long time ago, what goes around, comes around, and me personally, when someone throws me a ball, I will catch it, and drop it, if I don't want to play their game, simple, really.

Ok up to you as a thai would say .

i have been thought the love think and can understand how he feels but I lent long ago to move on quickly.

10 minutes ago, transam said:

So what.......:rolleyes:

Sounds like you fear a lot of stuff.......

You know when I read thing from people like you just makes me laugh so much you would not believe it .

i am still laughing as I reply to you hahaha 

i have a life you need one .

2 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

Ok up to you as a thai would say .

i have been thought the love think and can understand how he feels but I lent long ago to move on quickly.

Funny that saying: up to you...lol

It is only normal for everyone to have relationships, split up and grow through their pain, after all, life is a journey and full of mountains, and as soon as we climb, struggling to get to the top, we realise, that we have to come down again, to start the process all over again, that is, until we reach that peak that is all level playing field. 

Some of us can climb quicker than others George, others need time and help :)

7 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You know when I read thing from people like you just makes me laugh so much you would not believe it .

i am still laughing as I reply to you hahaha 

i have a life you need one .

I would expect you to laugh because you are obviously one who can only look at stuff through your own narrow view and that everyone should be like you...:rolleyes:

.Answer me a question, why does near every country on our planet have psychiatrists and what do these trained experts do....?

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I would expect you to laugh because you are obviously one who can only look at stuff through your own narrow view and that everyone should be like you...:rolleyes:

.Answer me a question, why does near every country on our planet have psychiatrists and what do these trained experts do....?

Why are you making my day so good with  laughter .

keep it up I need to make my day funny hahahaha .

15 minutes ago, transam said:

ok here  answering it because psychiatrists help people like you that need help .

3 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

ok here  answering it because psychiatrists help people like you that need help .

You guys crack me up :)

20 minutes ago, transam said:

and for someone who has 40,000 post in 9 years that is 4,400 a year that is 15 post a day means , you not have a great life in thailand you are a key board   Addict .