• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Phetchaburi gets its own immigration office

snoop1130

Phetchaburi gets its own immigration office

migrating-immigration-office.jpg

In recent weeks, there has been a portable office alongside the main Prachuap Khiri Khan Immigration office declaring itself as “Phetchaburi Immigration”.

However residents of Phetchaburi will soon be directed to the more permanent Phetchaburi Immigration office located just south of the centre of the town of Tha Yang. We were also told that all Phetchaburi residents will be directed to this new office, albeit many will be located much closer to the Hua Hin office. If you are living north of the airport underpass, you are in the ChaAm District of Phetchaburi, not Hua Hin or Prachuap Khiri Khan. The enforcement of this requirement may not be favorably received by residents who are located just north of the border. Immigration staff were unable to provide an opening day but September is the designated opening month.

Locations Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin) Turn towards the ocean (east) just north of the main Hua Hint centre down Soi 19 off Petchakasem Road. Turn right at the T junction at the end of the road; the office is on the right hand side around 300 metres further. Please note many websites still refer to an office on Canal Road, a very outdated location. Phetchaburi (Tha Yang) Drive north towards Bangkok from ChaAm, the office will be located on the main road before an irrigation channel and before the Tha Yang town centre. Look for a PTT station on the right then the office soon after on the left.

Phone: To check on the opening day contact the Call Centre 1178 or 032-526556 The Hua Hin immigration office receives great reviews for the level of service and compliance with regulations, including correctly receipted fees. Phetchaburi residents are hoping that these features will soon be carried forward to the new Tha Yang office.

Source: http://www.huahintoday.com/local-news/migrating-immigration-office/

-- Hua Hin Today 2016-09-01

It's already open. Somebody I know was redirected there from Hua Hin immigration yesterday. The new office is on the main Petchaburi Road, next to Siam Commercial Bank, about 500 yards before the Tha Yang traffic lights (travelling towards Bangkok). Please pass this info on to save more wasted journeys.

I'm due to do my 90day on Monday and will post any useful info. In the meantime, news of other people's experiences would, I'm sure, be helpful.

Good luck.

Another great help ( :w00t:) to people living next to Hua Hin, particularly if they have no transport and the on-line 90 day reporting system continues to be inoperative.  I suppose we will have to revert to the (registered) postal system ?  They are not making things any easier for any of us and certainly not for us old-timers!  Is freezing us out the new policy?

6 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Another great help ( :w00t:) to people living next to Hua Hin, particularly if they have no transport and the on-line 90 day reporting system continues to be inoperative.  I suppose we will have to revert to the (registered) postal system ?  They are not making things any easier for any of us and certainly not for us old-timers!  Is freezing us out the new policy?

I live about 3 k from immigration Chaeng Wattana, but it is in Nonthaburi, so I have to go there, distance 35 k. And thats normal,because you must go the Immigration office of the province where you livel

9 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Bear in mind that about 90% of people living in Phetchaburi province are closer to Tha Yang than Hua Hin. No transport? The office is on Phetkasem Road, so all buses and minibuses to Bangkok will pass right by it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2.9.2016 at 11:30 AM, Krataiboy said:

. The new office is on the main Petchaburi Road, next to Siam Commercial Bank, about 500 yards before the Tha Yang traffic lights (travelling towards Bangkok).

On 3.9.2016 at 0:03 AM, Maestro said:

I shall be grateful if somebody can post the GPS coordinates of this new immigration office.

Seems they renovated a run-down shophouse right of SCB:

(Street View shows the old state)

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/12°58'10.1"N+99°53'57.9"E/@12.9692876,99.8994342,3a,60y,300.78h,93.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjxjC9aR6onrdKq9iFGt4tg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d12.9694593!4d99.8994149

12.9692876, 99.8994342

There is another forum that shows an up-to-date picture and a description that is consistent with above posts.

Message sent with link.

Edited by KhunBENQ